XP
Country
France
It’s actually more like this
“Hey, how did your vacation go?”
“Oh it was awesome! Wanna see some pictures?”
“Sure!”
Takes out my phone
Completely unprompted, “man, I would never buy an Apple product, they cost so damn much”
Me
View attachment 419407
This happens constantly to me. People see my phone and will completely unprompted mention that it’s an iPhone/Apple product and that they mention all of the reasons, mostly the price, as to why they would never buy an iPhone/Apple products. Now, maybe I am missing the social element because I don’t follow people who make their personality around the products they own. I find those people to be as boring as sports fans normies. So maybe I just miss the part of this community.
I actually use an iPhone and Android phones. The main reason to keep them separate is that I need my daily phone to be something I can’t tinker with. I love hacking my electronics, which with androids means a lot of downtime flashing ROMs and shit. I can’t be doing that with my daily driver, I need this for keeping track of appointments, bills, important calls/messages, and so on. So owning an iPhone as my daily driver is deliberately gimping myself for my own wellbeing
Lol yeah that's definitely weird, but that's why I talked about the aspect of owning an iPhone.
That's what Apple does. I'm not saying you're an « Apple head » or anything like that, but you know ... Owning something and using it is already reflecting an image and Apple takes advantage of that. It is pretty silly that some would directly talk about the phone instead of the photos tho lol.
I'd say cars are pretty much the same too. People will just look at the thing and think about the « social image » it reflects. Doesn't matter if the car actually runs the same as some other cheaper one, what matter is the brand. It's stupid but it is what it is and some people just can't go against their primal instinct of expressing whatever they feel at the sight of whatever makes them feel some way.

Reactions: The Catboy

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
You wish it was a technician in Japan.
I don't bother with calling technicians because I know more than most of them. Last time my washing machine broke down the drum was making creaking noises and turning in weird directions. It turned out the hall sensor for the magnetic drive was faulty. It cost me £11 from ebay for a new sensor then everything worked fine again.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't bother with calling technicians because I know more than most of them. Last time my washing machine broke down the drum was making creaking noises and turning in weird directions. It turned out the hall sensor for the magnetic drive was faulty. It cost me £11 from ebay for a new sensor then everything worked fine again.
I'm the same. I have a clothes dryer under warranty that started making noises. Technician came and looked at it, and said my warranty did not cover expense for a new motor, and it would be $120 for new motor. So I sent him away, and I took off back cover myself, and found out the belt was worn and had piece that was slapping metal making the noise. I bought new belt for $10 online, and it works fine now, no noise. Not sure if they just wanted my money, or the guy was an idiot.

Reactions: mrdude

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why the fuck do I have to click accept cookies in every single fucking site, or disable my adblocker in order to read some stupid short information?

Why if it wasn't a problem before, it is now?

Why do I have to fucking subscribe to your bullshit newsletter or donate money for your bullshit page?

God-damn!

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
I'm the same. I have a clothes dryer under warranty that started making noises. Technician came and looked at it, and said my warranty did not cover expense for a new motor, and it would be $120 for new motor. So I sent him away, and I took off back cover myself, and found out the belt was worn and had piece that was slapping metal making the noise. I bought new belt for $10 online, and it works fine now, no noise. Not sure if they just wanted my money, or the guy was an idiot.
You should have taken a photo of the belt and then phoned the company that is was under warranty from, told them what the tech had said and then asked them to refund you for the price of the belt and your time for fixing it. You should also have reported them to trading standards.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why the fuck do I have to click accept cookies in every single fucking site, or disable my adblocker in order to read some stupid short information?

Why do I have to fucking subscribe to your bullshit newsletter or donate money for your bullshit page?

God-damn!
Two words: uBlock Origin

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should have taken a photo of the belt and then phoned the company that is was under warranty from, told them what the tech had said and then asked them to refund you for the price of the belt and your time for fixing it. You should also have reported them to trading standards.
They called me about re-newing my warranty, I refused and I told the lady over the phone about the situation, but she didn't really seem to care, was only worried about signing me up for more money. But yeah I should of reported them to Better Business Bureau or something. Oh well. (Westinghouse brand btw)

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: mrdude

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've only ever owned two washing machines. The first, a Kenmore (Sears brand) I bought in early 1998. It lasted 25 years. After ~20, it started having problems that I repaired myself, but I finally said goodbye to it last year. Then I bought a Speed Queen TC5. They say you get what you pay for ... hope they're right.

Reactions: mrdude and BigOnYa

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
I've only ever owned two washing machines. The first, a Kenmore (Sears brand) I bought in early 1998. It lasted 25 years. After ~20, it started having problems that I repaired myself, but I finally said goodbye to it last year. Then I bought a Speed Queen TC5. They say you get what you pay for ... hope they're right.
Top loaders like the one you bought are the best as there's far less stress on the bearings. Also the weight of the water and clothes are more evenly distrubted so less chance of "wobble" during the spin cycle. If it wasn't for the fact that I have a posh kitchen and my washer and drier are stacked front loaders inside their own double kitchen unit I would have bought a top loader for my new one when I get around to replacing it. Mine is about 10 years old now, it's got a heat pump and direct drive so no belts or anything. The shock absorbers and bearing are about the only mechanical things that wear, and the heating element seems ok so everything seems ok for now. I put a dishwasher tablet in every now and again to stop any limescale from forming.

Reactions: Hanafuda

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't get discord, want to stay as far away from it as possible and dread being told "join xxx discord to get this mod".

How funny ! A few days after saying this, here's a famous prepatched romhack website deleting all its content and asking to "join its discord"... :rofl2: :wtf:

I still gave it a chance nonetheless but discord is just a messy nightmare. I really don't get it.

Last edited by Ligeia,
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How funny ! A few days after saying this, here's a famous prepatched romhack website deleting all its content and asking to "join its discord"... :rofl2: :wtf:

I still gave it a chance nonetheless but discord is just a messy nightmare. I really don't get it.
Discord is not always the best place to put an archive of your entire work on.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get how some people on here are super sensitive as to what others say. Either agree with their opinion or move on with your day than losing your shit.
I'm super sensitive, but at the same time, I don't say anything about what others say. I just don't care enough to make a comment about it. Say the meanest thing you can think of...

I'll continue without even saying anything in response. I just don't care...

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm super sensitive, but at the same time, I don't say anything about what others say. I just don't care enough to make a comment about it.
Exactly. I don't care what others say about me either; I just ignore them and move on with my day, rather than adding fuel to the fire.

Reactions: rcpd and BakerMan

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. I don't care what others say about me either; I just ignore them and move on with my day, rather than adding fuel to the fire.
Specifically I do not care because I'm generally a nice person online. I have no reason to get angry because its a waste of time talking angrily with anyone online because you're not going to prevent them from doing it again. You'll just become the next target again.

Fighting it seems like a waste of time and effort. So I just dont. I read the comment, get a smile at how angry they are, and move along talking with others who aren't that way.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

God-damn!
Oh, I can answer that! The EU is overreaching and ruining the internet for everyone.

I don't get why people are still ok with the EU or other large governments. The larger the government, the more it interferes with your personal life

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto