Hardware What are some good hardmods to do for a 3ds?

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I need to know how you swapped the led's colors. They look amazing.

Where did you get the custom analog stick and how did you put it in? Same thing for C-Stick.
soldering: https://i.imgur.com/mqNej7T.jpg
i've posted about the analog a couple post ago, so scroll up :P and the c-stick are loads of guides on yt, you have to remove the c-stick and replace it with a psp-1000 analog stick

Reactions: Skyshadow101

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if he could do it, ofc you can do it, the question is, do you have the skill/equipment for it.
he has a guide here: http://imgur.com/a/NKvWj, but i think he 3d printed the buttons.
Got a better example now. Something exactly like this: , but the led is on every single second while the 3ds is on, and on the AXBY, UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT, L and R, ZR and ZL.

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got a better example now. Something exactly like this: , but the led is on every single second while the 3ds is on, and on the AXBY, UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT, L and R, ZR and ZL.

same answere, instead of soldering to the speaker like i did on that psp, you could just solder it to a stable +, but the thing is, how are you gonna get transparent AXBY, and the other buttons?

Hyoretsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
same answere, instead of soldering to the speaker like i did on that psp, you could just solder it to a stable +, but the thing is, how are you gonna get transparent AXBY, and the other buttons?
That's something I plan to do FAAAAR ahead on the future. Right now I don't have the skills to do, nor I can. Because Brazil sucks. I wonder what people in America would say if they know that an a9lh console is worth R$1500~1800, which is also the price range of non-a9lh N3DS at official resellers, 3rd party are R$900+.

Last edited by Hyoretsu,

munchy_cool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what people in America would say if they know that an a9lh console is worth R$1500~1800, which is also the price range of non-a9lh N3DS at official resellers, 3rd party are R$900+.

well the price is bit too much if converted to USD, but do you have nintendo officially selling consoles? if so then whats the pricing on that ?

Hyoretsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well the price is bit too much if converted to USD, but do you have nintendo officially selling consoles? if so then whats the pricing on that ?
Cheapest official reseller O3DS XL is R$1200, 2DS is R$1000, Super Mario 3D Land N3DS is R$1500, etc.

munchy_cool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheapest official reseller O3DS XL is R$1200, 2DS is R$1000, Super Mario 3D Land N3DS is R$1500, etc.
well if Nintendo doesn't officially sell consoles in Brazil then grey market pricing will be higher ..importing gadgets is a risky business (i am hoping they are evading taxes).

Hyoretsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well if Nintendo doesn't officially sell consoles in Brazil then grey market pricing will be higher.
Also, those prices aren't from "grey market". They're from Nintendo's official resellers in Brazil.

(i am hoping they are evading taxes).
Probably not, another reason Brazil sucks is because you have to apply this equation when importing something: (price+shipping)*(USD to BRL, which at the moment is 3,39)+60%. Which means that something that's $280 ends up being R$1580.

Hyoretsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

TechX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would it be possible to change the 3ds' ac charger for a usb-C or micro usb? More specifically a new 3ds

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
would it be possible to change the 3ds' ac charger for a usb-C or micro usb? More specifically a new 3ds
We had the same topic a few days ago.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/anyone-please-tried-usb-type-c-mod-for-3ds-xl.591591/

Certainly possible. There are deviating opinions regarding the different nominal voltage of proprietary Nintendo adapters (4.6V) and USB (5.0V): Some say: "Not good for the charging IC" and others say "Have been charging with USB cable for n years and everything is fine."

I wouldn't have any interest in replacing the connector unless it is damaged. But that is my very own opinion of the type: If it is not broken, don't fix it.

Good luck and have fun!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(