Gaming Well, the PSP is screwed (Soul Calibur Related)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i'm not bothered about soul calibur as i have the console versions legit, only problem i have is that newer games on the psp will use this firmware and we won't be able to play them, ah well, at least i have my other many consoles to play with
wink.gif

would never install the GEN cfw as it's buggy and i heard you can't even turn your psp off properly with it installed which is silly.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as i'm breaking into the PSP realm, all of this business. I'll be sticking with the M33 for now, not that anticipated for soul calibur, but still trying to get my feet wet in terms of homebrew and what other fun stuff is out there. FATS' post was very informational per usual.

Hasn't dark alex gone into "retirement" before or something...?

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, don't you mean the PSP is saved?

Anyway, if I know people like DA (and I don't), his shut his site down because he had thousands of whiners flood his site with, "wahhh PSP iz dead, plz save it!!' when SC was leaked. This would probably piss anyone off, considering he was trying to make his site seem all legit and everything.

If this doesn't blow over soon, I would suggest buying a 'Go' for new games and legit stuff, and keep a 1000 around for homebrew and whatever else (slightly more comfortable controls?).

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
DS1 said:
Anyway, if I know people like DA (and I don't), his shut his site down because he had thousands of whiners flood his site with, "wahhh PSP iz dead, plz save it!!' when SC was leaked. This would probably piss anyone off, considering he was trying to make his site seem all legit and everything.

You never used the DA forums did you?

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
DS1 said:

You never used the DA forums did you?

Just once when I was trying to figure out how to get stuff to work. Filled with tons of people saying they don't use it (DA's CFW) for piracy, and that DA has no connection to piracy.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn if he doesn't come back I might be have to go to GEN but seeing as they would be the best CFW being updated then they would probably make it as good as M33 or not that buggy so it wouldn't be that bad.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@FAST
yes, i has love for the MHFU

Ryupower said:
for ALL game the need 5.55
BUY the game
update to 5.55 (with then UMD)
play it
Pandora Back to CFW

NOW if your using 5.03, with ChickHenR2 and CFWEnabler. you may be screwed
^ but... this would totally go against the point of having the psp haxed in the first place...

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the time I rocked GEN-B, I had no hiccups in the very least bit playing games. Gen-B plays ISOs, AND does PSN. It's not buggy in that department at all.

But I DID revert back to m33 because some hombrews were flaky on GEN (Not POPS. POPS is fine on GEN-B. CXMB and CWcheat also worked fine, though CXMB needs it's own special CTF files for GEN-B)

Gen-B is VERY good. A little minor update, and there'd be no reason to stick with the "would-be" ancient m33, aside from being loyal to Dark Alex.

Don't let GEN-B rumors stray you away. It's a very good custom firmware.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, GEN goes up to 5.50, this is OFW 5.55, we are either gonna have to wait for a GEN or another CFW to come out, or until we break from pressure and finally decide to unhack our PSP's and buy it. (I dont plan to buy it until PSP Go comes out)

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Trulen said:
For the time I rocked GEN-B, I had no hiccups in the very least bit playing games. Gen-B plays ISOs, AND does PSN. It's not buggy in that department at all.

But I DID revert back to m33 because some hombrews were flaky on GEN (Not POPS. POPS is fine on GEN-B. CXMB and CWcheat also worked fine, though CXMB needs it's own special CTF files for GEN-B)

Gen-B is VERY good. A little minor update, and there'd be no reason to stick with the "would-be" ancient m33, aside from being loyal to Dark Alex.

Don't let GEN-B rumors stray you away. It's a very good custom firmware.

Isn't GEN just M33 but updated without permission from DA? My DA loyalties cringe at the thought of being a traitor lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol