Gaming Well, the PSP is screwed (Soul Calibur Related)

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Soul Calibur has been leaked, and its 5.55 OFW......and to top it off, Dark Alex closed down his site today......man the PSP is screwed.... T.T (Dont want to wait 1 month and 6 days to play Soul Calibur.....)

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wait for GEN to update their firmware. I'm sure that once 5.55 hits the US it won't take long for an update.

And darn. I was looking forward to Soul Calibur.

AGENT209T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aw he did? well this sucks thanks again DA unless this is another trick lol but oh well it was a good run.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im hoping he ressurects on us....but im thinking M33 is done. Either gotta wait for a GEN or something else update, or to buy it on the PSP Go. Im just praying Disgaea 2 doesnt require 5.55, been waiting for that game for over a year.....

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
damn it!! well i got a few partys to keep me busy for a month (and school
frown.gif
) so i guess i can wait for a "possible" fix

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a good question is why even leak it if you can't play it unless someone out there has found a umd burner with a blank umd it just teasing everyone

r9delta

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can go back to M33. Anyway on topic good game Sony, even if just for a (likely very) short while. Even though I pirate a few games myself it's good to see a few helpless failures on here think their world is coming to an end because they can't pirate and play a leaked game immediately.

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m33 and gen to me seem the same but some people have said that gen is buggy maybe that was the first versions but people have to understand that when dark alex slowed down on updating m33 gen stepped in and ithey haven't had many updates so give them time to correct things just like m33 had bugs when it first came out, way back when but if your on m33 i suggest to go to gen i did had no problem and now i can go back on the psn network

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
M33 is based on the 5.00 kernel, GEN is based on the newer 5.50 kernel. As I understand the people behind M33 said they were skipping the 5.5 as it had nothing of interest and were waiting for the 6.00 line which should have something more.

Now a few games have appeared that demand the 5.55 kernel (or something other than 5.0 and the M33 still "fakes" 5.0 which obviously means the game decides not to run (there are a handful of hacks that I know of to dodge protection but I am lacking in knowledge on this front so I will stay quiet for now)).
The firmware otherwise known as GEN will work once it is updated (assuming we are still talking soul calibur, other 5.5 demanding games should now work) but when compared to M33 it can best be described as rough and ready and some games have some good protection that can make it a bit unstable which does not help this image.
This being many years on in PSP land a fair few seemingly quite vocal people are kind of used to highly polished hacks for whatever reason (going back to the DS how many people would use a passme2 today?) so GEN firmwares have not quite escaped their rough and ready image just yet.

As for changing firmware you should be able to change back and forth if you have a 1000 or 2000 that is up for this sort of thing (TA-88v3 series boards are not remember) but there is little point. Those still fiddling with 2000 and 3000 models and Custom Firmware Enabler should be OK as it is is obviously a ram thing but I am not up on the goings on of the 2000 and 3000 these days so I suggest some reading.

Also no love for MHU people?

@blitzer320 seen a PS3 release lately?

r9delta

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
This being many years on in PSP land a fair few seemingly quite vocal people are kind of used to highly polished hacks for whatever reason (going back to the DS how many people would use a passme2 today?) so GEN firmwares have not quite escaped their rough and ready image just yet.

Oh man, if those few vocal people had to, for some unforeseen reason, go back to the days of 1.5 firmware and the 2 memory stick swap (right before you only needed 1 stick) I believe they'd crap their pants several times over. Never used a passme2 myself though, my first was a ez pass 3 card and g6 lite.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Updated to GEN-B. Wow. I can make a Pandora battery now! Now, if one of my friends want to install CFW, can i make the pandora battery on my PSP, than take it out and put it in his and it'll work?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Double screwed....DAX's forum's have shut down, whether from external pressure or otherwise. Prospects of a new M33 firmware are going from unlikely to never.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo