Weird problem that keeps happening

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok let's say I'm playing a game that's not in fullscreen for reasons like recording and for some reason Windows makes that game, not the active window I've lost good speedruns to this issue and this happens when I'm not recording as well

I am using Windows 10 64-bit

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Depending upon your capture program then you can tell it to capture one specific window and nothing else. Alternatively I have not gone there for a while but you can have one application always have focus, I have not had to do it outside of actual code/terminal/kiosk stuff which is different but I did see it as a feature in a mouse jail program (programs designed for multiple screens where you want to keep the mouse from wandering in there) once.

Otherwise there are any number of things that can pull focus. I would have to look into your machine to see what goes. IM clients, updates and email notifications are usually good suspects here.

Do you have a touchscreen? I had a curious case the other day with a subtly broken one that randomly made the cursor dance all over the shop and click on things.

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Depending upon your capture program then you can tell it to capture one specific window and nothing else. Alternatively I have not gone there for a while but you can have one application always have focus, I have not had to do it outside of actual code/terminal/kiosk stuff which is different but I did see it as a feature in a mouse jail program (programs designed for multiple screens where you want to keep the mouse from wandering in there) once.

Otherwise there are any number of things that can pull focus. I would have to look into your machine to see what goes. IM clients, updates and email notifications are usually good suspects here.

Do you have a touchscreen? I had a curious case the other day with a subtly broken one that randomly made the cursor dance all over the shop and click on things.

Yeah I have a touchscreen but It's working just fine and if the touchscreen was the issue it would minimize the window which it doesn't and it just happened when I had my mouse cursor on the game and it still happened I have Discord closed when I record so that's not the issue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again