.webp is the most stupid, dumbass useless extension there is

caipora

cheese eating lactose intolerant
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't be surprised that nobody cares about your opinion on modern stuff, then.
Woah calm your horses my friend
How in the world do you take a thread like this seriously? It's a joke.
Hooray progress and shit, i'm into that, don't worry, i understand the reason for WEBP existing.
Post automatically merged:

If you have Chrome. There is actually an extension that can convert from webp directly to a format you like.
WOAH i didn't know that, what is it?

• Wow
Reactions: AncientBoi

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this does annoy me too lol. But I always just either save as jpg when saving it or rename it to jpg later. Never had an issue in windows, BUT in hind-sight I am now guessing it would cause problems with programs who are strictly relying on the extension.

caipora

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow, this does annoy me too lol. But I always just either save as jpg when saving it or rename it to jpg later. Never had an issue in windows, BUT in hind-sight I am now guessing it would cause problems with programs who are strictly relying on the extension.
Yeah i used to just put ".jpg" on the end of the name and select "All format files" when saving it, but it doesn't work anymore.
Guess that's not how file formats works lol

• Haha
Reactions: Benja81

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is annoying when someone posts one in the meme box or funny images thread, and instead of this site's download button actually downloading the image, it instead links you to an image host's page with the webp image on it, makes downloading it in a useful format (png) that other services understand into about a four step process. Sucks butts.
Also here on Temp you can't attach webp files like you'd do with other image formats (jpg, png, gif etc). So yeah pretty annoying.

caipora

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
GettyImages-150092234 copy 2.jpeg

Post automatically merged:

Everyone talking about extensions and sites for converting webp...you can open them in MS Paint and save them as JPG or PNG or whatever you want.
Shit it makes sense, imma try this next time.

• Haha
Reactions: AncientBoi

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

caipora

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i agree, webp is awful, i hate stealing downloading memes and trying to send them to friends on discord only for discord to piss itself because it has no idea what a webp file is.... or a bmp for that matter

i also hate that when i sometimes click and drag an image from my browser to my desktop it auto-saves as a webp, but if i right click and manually save it saves as a png/jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...