Hacking WBFS Manager and Channel Creator Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerZFX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got my hopes up.. but they were just shot down... All other WBFS GUI's and such read it, but with this one I get this error:

2uj75fq.png

EDIT:
Just for clarification its a western digital 320gb on windows xp

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when running channel maker i get this error:
U8 Tool
Error, Improper Banner Header Selected... Use IMET

Posts merged

GamerZFX said:
Well I got my hopes up.. but they were just shot down... All other WBFS GUI's and such read it, but with this one I get this error:

2uj75fq.png

EDIT:
Just for clarification its a western digital 320gb on windows xp
i got that error to just restart you pc.

boroc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah here's one thats different to all the other errors ive seen on this thread:

error running 'u8tool.exe -file "G:\wbfsmanchan1.0\opening.bnr" -folder "G:\wbfsmanchan1.0\temp\" -extract'
File not found

I can't create any channels because of this. It only happens in relation to creating a CHANNEL. I can add and remove with no problems, along with viewing free space etc.

Great app by the way!

I have noticed though, that I get this exact same error on ALL 3 methods of channel creation - as soon as it tries to create a channel I get this, then the app tells me my iso might be corrupt (it does this with all isos).

Im using winxp. Hope this helps!

yay.gif

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boroc said:
Yeah here's one thats different to all the other errors ive seen on this thread:

error running 'u8tool.exr -file "G:\(my folders here)\wbfsmanchan1.0\opening.bnr" -folder "G:\(my folders again)\wbfsmanchan1.0\temp\" -extract'
File not found

I can't create any channels because of this. It only happens in relation to creating a CHANNEL. I can add and remove with no problems, along with viewing free space etc.

Great app by the way!

I have noticed though, that I get this exact same error on ALL 3 methods of channel creation - as soon as it tries to create a channel I get this, then the app tells me my iso might be corrupt (it does this with all isos).

Im using winxp. Hope this helps!

yay.gif

put u8tool in the same folder

Posts merged

QUOTE(bula @ Apr 5 2009, 04:02 AM) same here " USB drive not detected!"
did you restart?

boroc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
buby78 said:
put u8tool in the same folder

I followed your advice, by putting u8tool.exe in the same folder (is this the only file I need)?

Anyway I get a new error instead now: Run-time error '76' Path not found.

Google has shed little light on the matter. Any thoughts?

teddystacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great looking app ...

Detects my drive ok , but whatever method I use for creating a channel , I get the error message "WiiScrubber.dll" cannot be found , even though it is in the apps directory?

Any ideas/suggestions here?

Thanks in advance..

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those complainers that are insisting it's "my fault" I can confirm that it is not. Wbfs, which I did not make, seems to have some serious issues with vista, windows 7, or any 64 bit os. I'm currently looking into it, so please be patient.

boroc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
teddystacker said:
Great looking app ...

Detects my drive ok , but whatever method I use for creating a channel , I get the error message "WiiScrubber.dll" cannot be found , even though it is in the apps directory?

Thanks in advance..

what do you mean in the apps directory? What apps directory? Or do you mean the main folder of this app?

boroc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bantheradio said:
EnigmaXtreme said:
Im getting this error;

Run Time Error "48"

File not found "WiiScrubber.dll"

yet Wiiscrubber.dll is right there
Likewise.

What OS are you using? Based on what Howard C said, it may be helpful for everyone to at least list which OS they are using so maybe he can narrow it down.

teddystacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boroc said:
teddystacker said:
Great looking app ...

Thanks in advance..

what do you mean in the apps directory? What apps directory? Or do you mean the main folder of this app?

Yes, sorry I shoudl have said "the Application's directory" , I have Wiiscrubber.dll in L:\Wii\WBFSMANCHAN1.0 , but when trying to create a channel it says it is missing..

Os in my case is WinXP SP3

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much, Howard!

This app automatically detects my WBFS drive, and I can see from the files that it uses the cygwin version of wbfs tool too.
This is exactly what I've been hoping for.
Now I'll try making some channels.

Just a couple of suggestions:
- When making a channel by extracting, the first couple of times I tried, wbfs got stuck at about 3% and gave an error.
Nothing you can do about that part, but then I think your program still tried to run WiiScrubber, and gave an error:
error53.jpg

It would be better if your app could detect the error message from wbfs and then halt the process rather than blindly continuing and crashing.

- There are a couple of tweaks you could make to the GUI too.
The window has the ability to be resized or even maximized, but the contents of the window don't change size with it.
Some of my games have very long names, so I stretched the window wider, expecting the list to get wider too, but I only got blank grey space at the side:
resizen.jpg

Also, it would be nice if we could scroll the list with the mouse wheel rather than having to click on the scroll button/bar.

Oh, and for the record, I'm using Windows 2000 Pro SP4 Rollup 1

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally, an application that works. Able to add Wii games. But it can't make wads.

Getting:
Run Time Error "48"

And I'm staring at WiiScrubber.dll right now.

If it's helpful:
Using Windows XP SP3. All .NET Frameworks versions installed.

bantheradio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boroc said:
bantheradio said:
EnigmaXtreme said:
Im getting this error;

Run Time Error "48"

yet Wiiscrubber.dll is right there
Likewise.

What OS are you using? Based on what Howard C said, it may be helpful for everyone to at least list which OS they are using so maybe he can narrow it down.

Windows XP Pro SP3

Other than this error, this is one of the only WBFS GUIs that detects my HD and is reasonably faster than what is already out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7