WB Pulls Arkham Knight From PC Retailers

batman-arkham-knight-banner.png

Tonight, we kill the batman... is exactly what Warner Bros had in mind for Batman's recent PC release, as it has suddenly been pulled from platforms like... well everything. The game has faced some pretty harsh issues on PC platforms, including frame locks, glitches galore, and complete unplayability.

Warner's statement below:

Dear Batman: Arkham Knight PC owners,

We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall.

Thank you to those players who have already given valuable feedback. We are continuously monitoring all threads posted in the Official Batman: Arkham Knight Community and Steam forums, as well as any issues logged with our Customer Support (support.wbgames.com). If you purchased your copy of the game and are not satisfied with your experience, then we ask for your patience while these issues are resolved. If desired, you can request a refund at help.steampowered.com (Steam refund policies can be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds) or the retail location where you purchased the game.

The Batman: Arkham fans have continually supported the franchise to its current height of success, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work to deliver an updated version of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC so you can all enjoy the final chapter of the Batman: Arkham series as it was meant to be played.

The game has been pulled from Steam and is currently unavailable for purchase.
:arrow:Source

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least WB did this, Ubisoft sucked with AC Unity.

I just got unity the other day on ps4 and omg it had real bad frame rate issues it was jerky and people were walking through walls.

It did have a 6.5gb update that was downloading so I hope such a big update is the fix to these bugs.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly haven't had any issues at all. I got the game for free when my sister bought her new laptop and she gave me the key. Running the game at a constant 60 FPS after editing a text file, and the game runs smooth as hell. Granted, my PC isn't exactly a lightweight, but still. I don't even like the game all that much, but I haven't run into any performance issues since I first booted up the game.

RiveaJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How does Arkham Knight compare to Akrham Asylum and City?

I'd still prefer to this day Arkham Asylum over Arkham City.
The story is so so much darker with some really interesting plot-twists that teach you a few things about Arkham series Batman. The overworld is a lot more interesting and navigating isn't as much of as task as it was in City. The combat system is more fluid and the addition of environmental takedowns are pretty fun and new enemy types can be a bit of a challenge hen paired together, but it still feels grindy after playing for a few hours straight - but I've had that feeling for all four games with combat.

Overall I think they've done a really good job with the content. The Harley DLC was pretty sweet, she plays quite well - it was just a bit short, but hey, we can't have it all.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Deleted member 357656

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I honestly haven't had any issues at all. I got the game for free when my sister bought her new laptop and she gave me the key. Running the game at a constant 60 FPS after editing a text file, and the game runs smooth as hell. Granted, my PC isn't exactly a lightweight, but still. I don't even like the game all that much, but I haven't run into any performance issues since I first booted up the game.

People who have an Intel Core i7 4th gen and Nvidia Geforce 9xx series are having performance issues with this game.
To be honest, it's hard to believe.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what happens when you send a boy to do a man's job, in this case, letting a studio who didn't know their own arse from a hole in the ground. it's called beta testing, perhaps most companies heard of it?

People who have an Intel Core i7 4th gen and Nvidia Geforce 9xx series are having performance issues with this game.
To be honest, it's hard to believe.

That's pretty bad, if upper mid-range to high-end hardware has issues, there's something seriously FUBAR with the port.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The real question is, why didn't they just have Rocksteady do it? They're LITERALLY the same architecture! For Planetside 2, DayBreak games said that getting it to run on the PS4 was literally the easiest part of the entire process!

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm very afraid that Iron Galaxy's next PC port will be just as bad. I seriously don't want Killer Instinct on PC to run as badly as Arkham Knight does, because Killer Instinct is being ported in-house by Iron Galaxy!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sounds like a bit of an overrraction to me. The chief complaints are concerning a few texture issues and the 30 FPS lock, neither of which seem that big of a deal to me, at least judging by the footage I've seen. The game is poorly optimized for sure, but not "broken".

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a bit of an overrraction to me. The chief complaints are concerning a few texture issues and the 30 FPS lock, neither of which seem that big of a deal to me, at least judging by the footage I've seen. The game is poorly optimized for sure, but not "broken".
Sure seems broken to me. Go to the 6 minute mark.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard a good deal of people had trouble getting the game to run at all. May have been hyperbole due to framerate issues though. Heard it has alot of crashing too

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sure seems broken to me. Go to the 6 minute mark.
I heard a good deal of people had trouble getting the game to run at all. May have been hyperbole due to framerate issues though. Heard it has alot of crashing too
Like I said, it seemed fine to me when tested, it may behave differently on different rigs because, surprise, that's the charm of PC gaming and that's the price you pay for being the Master Race - worse optimization every single time. If you want your games to perform 100% the same across all builds, switch to consoles. The nigh-infinite number of configurations you can build makes it hard to debug for PC, even with standardized API's in place. I'm yet to see a contemporary PC game that wouldn't have issues like this on some configs, really.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What people tend to forget is that developing for PC is not an easy task.
You have to consider all the 3rd party hardware/software that might interfere with your games, different specs, different input methods etc. Even something as simple as super meat boy had to be tested on 11 different PC's.
PC is really my least favorite platform to game on. If not for Steam I wouldn't had any PC games.

It shouldn't have taken post 28 for someone to finally say this.

It's easier to outsource testing because if the developers played it (which most likely they had) it probably had no problems. A company that specializes in testing has many different machines, many different operating systems, many different configurations. It'd be a waste of developing time if the developers tried doing the same.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, it seemed fine to me when tested, it may behave differently on different rigs because, surprise, that's the charm of PC gaming and that's the price you pay for being the Master Race - worse optimization every single time. If you want your games to perform 100% the same across all builds, switch to consoles. The nigh-infinite number of configurations you can build makes it hard to debug for PC, even with standardized API's in place. I'm yet to see a contemporary PC game that wouldn't have issues like this on some configs, really.
crashing on this many systems is not common among games. There may be that odd old game that has doesnt seem to want to run on your pc, but a game having frequent crashing and freezing issues on this many machines is far from the norm, and it really is an unfinished product

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
crashing on this many systems is not common among games. There may be that odd old game that has doesnt seem to want to run on your pc, but a game having frequent crashing and freezing issues on this many machines is far from the norm, and it really is an unfinished product
I'm not saying it's justifiable for a game to crash, I'm saying it's to be expected. The only way to avoid these issues would be to completely abstract programming from the platform which is unfortunately where the industry is heading at the cost of quality and performance. I obviously hope that it gets patched up, I'm merely saying that this is the cross PC gaming has to bear in exchange for the openness and customizability of the platform, it's why consoles are so prevelent even today when PC's are cheap and outclass consoles in nearly every aspect. Coding games for PC is just frustrating because not everything is in your hands - sometimes it's the API's that fail.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I returned the Witcher 3 for BAN ( PS4 ), honestly this game is overrated.
They seriousely OVERDID the usage of the Batmobile.
NO MORE BATMOBILE!!!!
Horrible cheap game mechanic.
Up till now, I am really disappointed with the ps4 library....
On the other hand 60 fps makes any game look "fake""handycammish"...

Last edited by Hielkenator,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld