Pendulo Studios apologise for state of Tintin game ahead of launch

F-Uo0FUXoAAql28.jpg

On the day of the games launch, the studio behind Tintin Reporter - Cigars of the Pharaoh, Pendulo Studios; have issued an apology via their Twitter which states that those who decide to play their game on launch day "won't be able to enjoy the experience [...]".

They go on to state that the game is their most ambitious title yet and they are committed to fixing the situation via a string of "necessary" patches. The team have also suggested that users report any issues via their official channels.

Pendulo Studios said:
Hello everyone,

We want to share important information about our current release, Tintin Reporter - Cigars of the Pharaoh.

Despite our best efforts, those who play the game at launch won't be able to enjoy the experience as we intended it to be.

We are committed to fixing this situation in a promptly manner: we will deliver the necessary patches in the coming weeks while keeping all our channels at your disposal for any issue you want to report to us directly.

This is our most ambitious project ever, and we're putting our heart into it. We are devoted to paying the best tribute to the famous reporter and delighting you as a player, and we won't stop until we reach our goal.

Thank you for your support and patience.

This is the latest in a string of releases in what seems to be becoming an industry standard practice where unfinished games are being released with post launch support being required to pick up the slack.

Have you personally experienced any disappointment in regard to any recent games releasing in an unpolished state?

:arrow: Source

scoobydude51

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Paradox also pre-emptively apologized for the state of Cities Skylines 2 before it released. It seems this is turning into a trend? Hopefully it's a trend that continues, so people know not to buy the game when it releases. It's a weirdly pro-consumer move lol
yup. seems to be a new trend

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guess it pays twice to be a patient gamer nowadays. I'll wait for releases to be on a heavy discount, judging by how this trend is going, I'll probably soon be able to enjoy games at the same time as people who paid the full price.

• Haha
Reactions: x65943

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
this seems to be the norm now we got 3 back to back licensed games that are terrible and are barely finished
Golum, skull island rise of Kong and now this, the only saving grace was robocop, seems we went back to the earlier 3d days where licensed games were barely playable.

Reactions: x65943

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I keep saying DONT announce a release date until at least its in beta format. Then announce a release date a few months or whatever later, however long beta is needed. Then when its all tested and working THEN release it.

Whata better. Keep getting announcements saying its getting delayed or releasing an unfinished game or what I suggest, waiting until its nearly finished, release the release date then release a finished game. It'll be 6 month past the original deadline but nobody will be pissed at all the delays, unfinished game, day-0 patches, none of that. They will be happy you announced whats going to be in the game and a finished game.

The way it is now, nobody wants to buy on day0 anymore. We know its'll be unfinished, it'll need many patches on day-0 and another 12 that week. and it'll take at least another 6 months before its finally worthy of a purchase.
Screw that. NEVER buy day-0. wait 6 months, get it half price or lower and finished.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
In my day [old man shouts at cloud], the public was rarely told about release dates. If a game wasn't finished, usually it would get pushed back and nobody would know. If a game wasn't finished, it wasn't released. These publishers need to get out of the habit of releasing unfinished crap and 'fixing it later'.

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Let me get this straight.

The game is being published by Microids, a different company.
Pendulo Studios is the developer, but Microids is the publisher.
And it looks like Microids issued some cheques that Pendulo can't cash. Like, the release date.
And looks like Pendulo is well aware the game won't be finished by the time management plans to dump it on the market.
And the management is not willing to budge.

Gaming industry in a nutshell.

1699395795747.png

Reactions: shaunj66

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a game on Tintin taking on Joseph Stalin and the Soviet Union again! Try to survive the "Great Purge", try to escape the Gulag!

1699397028188.png
That book and Tintin going to the Congo were the books I read as a kid in like 2nd grade. lol

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People suddenly seem to be caring a lot more about this game now that the publisher's making a boneheaded decision, eh?

That's just good marketing!

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Y'know, it would've been nicer as a 2D-art style game, using the classic Tintin art style - instead of more generic 3D models.

Granted, 3D models can be stylised (just look at that Dragon Ball fighter game that released semi-recently), but it's a lot more work trying to make 3D mimic 2D art, I feel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts