Watchin' Movies

OctogenderIceBadger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So have you guys watched the Netflix short film What Did Jack Do, directed by David Lynch? Man, I watched that thing like 8 times all the way through.
The love song I probably watched by itself like 15 times. Even though it was really strange and absurd, I really enjoyed it.

Tried to get my roommate to watch it with me and she got scared of the monkey within the first minute and it was really disappointing.
You guys ever experience something similar like that? Where you show someone something you love and they just don't get it?

She didn't like Twin Peaks either and I knew Eraser Head would be far too much for her if a monkey with a human mouth scared her. Really strange what people get scared by sometimes.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Nobody_Important4u

Barely real
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So have you guys watched the Netflix short film What Did Jack Do, directed by David Lynch? Man, I watched that thing like 8 times all the way through.
The love song I probably watched by itself like 15 times. Even though it was really strange and absurd, I really enjoyed it.

Tried to get my roommate to watch it with me and she got scared of the monkey within the first minute and it was really disappointing.
You guys ever experience something similar like that? Where you show someone something you love and they just don't get it?

She didn't like Twin Peaks either and I knew Eraser Head would be far too much for her if a monkey with a human mouth scared her. Really strange what people get scared by sometimes.

Yeah i tried to make my sister Play persona 4 but she just didin't want to and just said "it's stupid" and i when asked her why she just say'd "it's stupid because one of characters uses fan as a weapon" what an amazing child... But she is still pretty young so it may be better for her that she doesn't want to Play now... Maybe when she gets older.

Also i know this kinda unrelated but i just want to say that i finished watching "who killed captain Alex" which is one of those films that are so bad that they are good. the film is officially for free on YouTube so go watch it!

OctogenderIceBadger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I can see people being scared by David Lynch. He does horror a lot better than a lot of horror directors. Man, some of those sequences in Twin Peaks with Bob are really creepy.
My oldest brother introduced me to Persona 3 and 4, or tried to. But I was not into the games at all.
I remember saying "This is weird. What do you get out of these games?"
And with a look of disappointment he said: "You'll probably understand once you get older."

I thought that was pretty condescending at the time - but later I found out he was right. And now I really enjoy the Persona games, and Shin Megami Tensei.
I actually even went back and played the first two Persona games. Persona One was just too old with crazy random encounter rates - but the Persona 2 series had a really interesting story and characters.

Reactions: Nobody_Important4u

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It isn't that different from those annoying orange videos. Just a superimposed human mouth to make it look like it's talking.
Implying I didn’t think the Annoying Orange wasn’t creepy ._. You humans are already weirdly uncanny to this little demon

OctogenderIceBadger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Implying I didn’t think the Annoying Orange wasn’t creepy ._. You humans are already weirdly uncanny to this little demon
I guess superimposed mouths are terrifying to all sorts of people. I think it looks strange, sure, but it doesn't really bother me.
It's all worth it to hear a monkey sing a love song to a chicken

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Dont forget your meds.