Gaming Watch Dogs N.A Pre-order. How to get the most of it?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I want to get Watch Dogs for the PS3 but don't know where to start...I'm looking to get a edition that is just more than the game but there are so many...There is amazon's , best buy, and gamestops pre-order incentive. But all of them are different and if you want all 3 perks you have to spend a fortune. I know that Ubisoft has a Uplay edition, that has all bonuses? ( I really want that Aiden Statue) But I don't know if that uplay edition is for PC or Europe? And I can't even import the uplay edition because it detects my IP address is USA and it re-directs me to the N.A Home page. Any advice would be appreciated. :) I would like to get the most pre-order exclusive items I can. And i'm even going to compromise the "I'll never do digital" motto i've run with just this last time if I can get more exclusive content, if that is the case...

Maybe just pre-order limited USA edition and get the pass? i don't know..the way the season pass is described on uPlay's website, makes it look like that the "pre-order bonues" will be split into day one DLC. Or is the Season Pass just for PC?

Or maybe IMPORT the Dedsec edition? It pretty much comes with everything but the Gangster and cyberpunk outfits. Which is pretty much the best out of all of them. Looks like the massive uPlay edition is for Europe AND for PC only? Can I even PLAY the European game on my N.A PS3?

...or maybe IMPORT the Vigalantie edition?...only comes with 1 of the 3 DLC's and no statue but it does come with the cap and mask. :)

After all. The previous gen is probably the last gen I'll stay with because the current gen doesn't really interest me and I have a bookshelf of PS3 games to complete :P ANYWAY! some advice about what to do or what to pre-order would really help!

watch-dogs-dedsec-edition-playstation-3_8029687110.jpg

watchdogs_vigilante.jpg

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
okay, maybe since people don't know what to do or I put too much for them to read...CAN I PRE-ORDER THE DEDSEC OR VIGILANTE EDITION AND WILL IT PLAY ON MY NORTH AMERICAN PS3??

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
okay, maybe since people don't know what to do or I put too much for them to read...CAN I PRE-ORDER THE DEDSEC OR VIGILANTE EDITION AND WILL IT PLAY ON MY NORTH AMERICAN PS3??
The PS3 isn't region-locked, so to answer the second part of your question: Yes, it will play on your PS3.

And gat-dayamn, the different preorder bonuses and versions are overwhelming :blink:

Overview of Watch Dogs Editions and Pre Order Bonuses
  • GameStop: The Palace Pack and Poster by Alex Ross.
  • Amazon: Signature Shot Pack.
  • Best Buy: Breakthrough Pack.
  • Watch Dogs Limited Edition: Collector's box, Watch Dogs official soundtrack, Aiden Pearce 9" Figurine, Aiden Pearce's Vigilante Mask, SteelBook, Watch Dogs Art Book.
  • Watch Dogs Special Edition: Breakthrough pack
  • ANZ Special Edition: Breakthrough pack, Untouchables pack, Dedsec pack, Chicago South Club pack + a NOD to Chicago's infamous 1920s criminal world.
  • Watch Dogs Vigilante Edition: Collector's box, Watch Dogs official soundtrack, Aiden Pearce's Vigilante Mask, Aiden Pearce's iconic cap, The Palace Pack.
  • Watch Dogs Dedsec Edition: Collector's box, Watch Dogs official soundtrack, Map of Chicago, Aiden Pearce 9" Figurine, Set of 3 Exclusive Badges, Set of 4 Augmented Reality Cards, Steelbook, Watch Dogs Art Book, Breakthrough pack, Signature Shot Pack, Palace Pack.
  • Watch Dogs Uplay Exclusive Edition: Breakthrough pack, Signature Shot Pack, Palace Pack.
  • Uplay Exclusive Full Rewards Pack: Untouchables pack, Cyber Punk Pack, 3 Multiplayer Skins, 3 $$$ Perks and 3 Faction Tags.
  • Uplay Exclusive Full Rewards Pack2: Untouchables pack, Cyber Punk Pack, Blume Agent pack, Dedsec pack, Chicago South Club pack.
  • Uplay rewards: Papavero Stealth Edition, Gold D50 gun.
  • Exclusive Sony PSN content for PS3 and PS4: 4 exclusive missions - 60 minutes of additional gameplay, exclusive skin - Dedsec White Hacker Suit, Hacking Boost.
Details of Packs, Bonuses and Perks
  • The Palace Pack: Single player mission unlocks Investigation Bonus and ATM Hack Boost.
  • Signature Shot Pack: Single player mission unlocks Black Viceroys Gang Colours outfit and Biometric Assault Rifle.
  • Breakthrough Pack: Single player mission unlocks Vehicle Expert Perk.
  • Untouchables Pack: Tommy Gun, Chicago outfit.
  • Cyber Punk Pack: The visual incarnation of a cyberpunk - Cyber Punk skin + Cyber Punk Gun.
  • Blume Agent singleplayer Pack: The visual incarnation of Blume Agent: Blume outfit, Weapon boost.
  • Dedsec Pack: The visual incarnation of Dedsec faction - Dedsec outfit, Hacking Boost.
  • Chicago South Club Pack: The visual incarnation of Chicago South Club faction - Chicago South Club skin, Driving boost.
  • Investigation Bonus: Unlock exclusive investigation opportunities inside the network.
  • ATM Hack Boost: Boost your cash rewards when hacking bank accounts.
  • Vehicle Expert Perk: Get free cars from your underground car contact and earn discounts on select vehicles.
Sorry, I wish I could help you with the first part of your question but I'm just as lost as you are. I'm sure all the DLC packs will be made available at some point, so I'm not too worried about getting those. My only concern is deciding which of the physical goodies I want.

*EDIT*
uG9LC9R.png

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
k
The PS3 isn't region-locked, so to answer the second part of your question: Yes, it will play on your PS3.

And gat-dayamn, the different preorder bonuses and versions are overwhelming :blink:

Overview of Watch Dogs Editions and Pre Order Bonuses
  • GameStop: The Palace Pack and Poster by Alex Ross.
  • Amazon: Signature Shot Pack.
  • Best Buy: Breakthrough Pack.
  • Watch Dogs Limited Edition: Collector's box, Watch Dogs official soundtrack, Aiden Pearce 9" Figurine, Aiden Pearce's Vigilante Mask, SteelBook, Watch Dogs Art Book.
  • Watch Dogs Special Edition: Breakthrough pack
  • ANZ Special Edition: Breakthrough pack, Untouchables pack, Dedsec pack, Chicago South Club pack + a NOD to Chicago's infamous 1920s criminal world.
  • Watch Dogs Vigilante Edition: Collector's box, Watch Dogs official soundtrack, Aiden Pearce's Vigilante Mask, Aiden Pearce's iconic cap, The Palace Pack.
  • Watch Dogs Dedsec Edition: Collector's box, Watch Dogs official soundtrack, Map of Chicago, Aiden Pearce 9" Figurine, Set of 3 Exclusive Badges, Set of 4 Augmented Reality Cards, Steelbook, Watch Dogs Art Book, Breakthrough pack, Signature Shot Pack, Palace Pack.
  • Watch Dogs Uplay Exclusive Edition: Breakthrough pack, Signature Shot Pack, Palace Pack.
  • Uplay Exclusive Full Rewards Pack: Untouchables pack, Cyber Punk Pack, 3 Multiplayer Skins, 3 $$$ Perks and 3 Faction Tags.
  • Uplay Exclusive Full Rewards Pack2: Untouchables pack, Cyber Punk Pack, Blume Agent pack, Dedsec pack, Chicago South Club pack.
  • Uplay rewards: Papavero Stealth Edition, Gold D50 gun.
  • Exclusive Sony PSN content for PS3 and PS4: 4 exclusive missions - 60 minutes of additional gameplay, exclusive skin - Dedsec White Hacker Suit, Hacking Boost.
Details of Packs, Bonuses and Perks

• The Palace Pack: Single player mission unlocks Investigation Bonus and ATM Hack Boost.
  • Signature Shot Pack: Single player mission unlocks Black Viceroys Gang Colours outfit and Biometric Assault Rifle.
  • Breakthrough Pack: Single player mission unlocks Vehicle Expert Perk.
  • Untouchables Pack: Tommy Gun, Chicago outfit.
  • Cyber Punk Pack: The visual incarnation of a cyberpunk - Cyber Punk skin + Cyber Punk Gun.
  • Blume Agent singleplayer Pack: The visual incarnation of Blume Agent: Blume outfit, Weapon boost.
  • Dedsec Pack: The visual incarnation of Dedsec faction - Dedsec outfit, Hacking Boost.
  • Chicago South Club Pack: The visual incarnation of Chicago South Club faction - Chicago South Club skin, Driving boost.
  • Investigation Bonus: Unlock exclusive investigation opportunities inside the network.
  • ATM Hack Boost: Boost your cash rewards when hacking bank accounts.
  • Vehicle Expert Perk: Get free cars from your underground car contact and earn discounts on select vehicles.
Sorry, I wish I could help you with the first part of your question but I'm just as lost as you are. I'm sure all the DLC packs will be made available at some point, so I'm not too worried about getting those. My only concern is deciding which of the physical goodies I want.

*EDIT*
uG9LC9R.png

know anywhere where I can pre-order the dedsec edition or import it to the USA? :P

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
know anywhere where I can pre-order the dedsec edition or import it to the USA? :P
Eh, you could always go with Amazon UK, but I'm not sure how much the international shipping charge will be. Here's some info on international shipping rates. I don't know if it applies to big, bulky collector edition boxes.

I don't have an account with Amazon UK, but in my experience ordering from Amazon Japan, international shipping can get ridiculously high. You can get a break in shipping costs by ordering a lot. For example, when Hyrule Historia was first released in Japan, I wanted to order a copy but the shipping was $35 for a $30 book. However if I ordered 10 copies, the shipping would only increase to $50. In the end I found 9 other people who also wanted a Japanese copy, then I ordered 10 copies of it and split the total cost 10-way. But again, that's Amazon Japan. Not sure how it works with Amazon UK.

Preorders for the PS3 version are opening soon on Play-Asia. You might want to check there periodically.

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Eh, you could always go with Amazon UK, but I'm not sure how much the international shipping charge will be. Here's some info on international shipping rates. I don't know if it applies to big, bulky collector edition boxes.

I don't have an account with Amazon UK, but in my experience ordering from Amazon Japan, international shipping can get ridiculously high. You can get a break in shipping costs by ordering a lot. For example, when Hyrule Historia was first released in Japan, I wanted to order a copy but the shipping was $35 for a $30 book. However if I ordered 10 copies, the shipping would only increase to $50. In the end I found 9 other people who also wanted a Japanese copy, then I ordered 10 copies of it and split the total cost 10-way. But again, that's Amazon Japan. Not sure how it works with Amazon UK.

Preorders for the PS3 version are opening soon on Play-Asia. You might want to check there periodically.

Thanks friend! however I see that there is no price for the PS3 version but the 360 version is 179.99. So when it becomes available it's looking like that price eh?

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks friend! however I see that there is no price for the PS3 version but the 360 version is 179.99. So when it becomes available it's looking like that price eh?
No problem!

Yeah, I'd expect to pay somewhere in that price range.

And I take back what I said about ordering from Amazon UK--you can't order video games from them because they won't ship PC/video games to the US :shit:

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
No problem!

Yeah, I'd expect to pay somewhere in that price range.

And I take back what I said about ordering from Amazon UK--you can't order video games from them because they won't ship PC/video games to the US :shit:

Looks like I found my answer..

the american limited edition and the SEASON PASS comes with all 3 DLC campaigns and most of the physical content. Minus the cards, the map and the cap. :P With the season pass they are including all the content and the outfits like the gangster one from the vigilante pack or the cyberpunk one. Now, that I plan on getting the season pass...is it still worth it to pre-order?

Talon

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought the dedsec edition it has most of the stuff in it the season pass kinda seems like a rip off

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...