Gaming Was the White Knuckles 3DS Video dumped?

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
OP
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone remember WAY back in the early 3DS days (about 10 years ago) when Nintendo added the White Knuckles by OK Go song in a system update available for a short time? That was kind of weird for Nintendo to do. The video was able to be loaded up like a regular game. They removed it in another system update after a while.

I want to know if that's ever been dumped. I could never find a link to a CIA of it anywhere (yes, mods, I'm well aware you're not allowed to post stuff like that here). Even though it's available on YouTube, the video was in 3D (probably used Mobiclip). Would someone have to dig out an old 3DS they never really touched since launch, and find a way to dump it without updating the system?

OK Go is pretty cool. My sister was really young at the time when that came out and she wanted to watch that video over and over again (probably because it has dogs).

Reactions: Bl4aze and zoogie

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
OP
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
It's still on the CDN, Title ID is 0004001000024000.
Since it's a part of system firmware, you can just download it with 3DSNUS.
Make sure that you're downloading version 0, as the latest v2048 is the one that stubs the video out.

Thanks! I spent a couple hours trying to get the CIA that 3DNUS gave me to work, but unfortunately it didn't. It wouldn't show up on the HOME Menu and would crash when I tried launching it manually with FBI.

BUT! I made a replica of it. I took a CIA of one of the videos I had installed, swapped out the Mobiclip .moflex file, and replaced the exefs.bin (and replaced the code.bin inside it accordingly). Now it plays and feels like the original experience in 3D.

Unfortunately I can't share it here, but I'll try to spread it around (already sent it to the guy running the *removed*).

I think I heard that for Japan and Europe, the video they gave was a different song? Do you know the IDs for those?

Last edited by WeedZ, , Reason: Warez

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I think I heard that for Japan and Europe, the video they gave was a different song? Do you know the IDs for those?
Japan = 0004001000023000 and title version 2
Europe = 0004001000025000 and title version 0

Actually, it's weird that it doesn't appear on the HOME Menu for you, because it does for me (USA system as well). :unsure:
I just installed it with FBI, turned the Sleep Mode on and off once to refresh the HOME Menu, and there it was, fully working:
preview.png

The only downside though is that the system will be giving an update nag for having an outdated title, so you can use title version spoof feature in 3DSNUS to avoid that, just change version number to 2048 or higher.

Last edited by redunka,
Reactions: E1ite007

colebob9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember seeing this on Nintendo Video a few times too. If those videos were saved somewhere, could be there too.

Bl4aze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone remember WAY back in the early 3DS days (about 10 years ago) when Nintendo added the White Knuckles by OK Go song in a system update available for a short time? That was kind of weird for Nintendo to do. The video was able to be loaded up like a regular game. They removed it in another system update after a while.

I want to know if that's ever been dumped. I could never find a link to a CIA of it anywhere (yes, mods, I'm well aware you're not allowed to post stuff like that here). Even though it's available on YouTube, the video was in 3D (probably used Mobiclip). Would someone have to dig out an old 3DS they never really touched since launch, and find a way to dump it without updating the system?

OK Go is pretty cool. My sister was really young at the time when that came out and she wanted to watch that video over and over again (probably because it has dogs).

wait what??
man I just discovered ok go and I learn all this stuff. This is crazy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: