was stupid enough to get a browser hijacker

ployermick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a few questions about it.
will chrome save all changes that browser hijacker did to my account?
if yes is there a way of removing it?
hijacker is called maliru i scaned multiple times with malwarebytes and hitman pro, and they still keep finding malware or pup.
also i saw it open on taskmanager, so i closed it, like 10 icons appeared on desktop.
STOP THIS MADNESS.
im thinking of reinstalling windows

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Browser hijackers shouldn't be that harmful, it's just ads and stupid stuff being displayed.
Keep trying malware removal tools, if nothing works, reinstalling would solve it all.

ployermick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Browser hijackers shouldn't be that harmful, it's just ads and stupid stuff being displayed.
Keep trying malware removal tools, if nothing works, reinstalling would solve it all.
the thing is tht not only mailru was installed ,but some control panel setting was changed too, but i have no idea which,(it asked to reboot(but i denied)) so i think there is more to this than mailru

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

gotta love when malwarebytes found over 1000 suspicious files (sarcasm)

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the thing is tht not only mailru was installed ,but some control panel setting was changed too, but i have no idea which,(it asked to reboot(but i denied)) so i think there is more to this than mailru

gotta love when malwarebytes found over 1000 suspicious files (sarcasm)

https://www.techtantri.com/go-mail-ru-virus-removal/
This might help removing Mailru, but if there really is more to it like that, I'd be reinstalling.

ployermick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Really unlikely. I've caught a browser hijacker before because I feel for the Project 64 2.1 installer, it didn't really do much harm.
If it did do something, you should be able to know very soon, but don't sweat it.
im more worried about some setting changed in the control panel, as far as i can remember it was about some privileges or accounts

or that it opened a backdoor so it would reinstall

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...