Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Consider this something of a PSA.

So, there's a new game out on Steam right now, Dark Matter. It's a 2.5 side-scrolling horror game (yes that's a thing), currently going for $15 on Steam right now.

It's also completely unfinished, lasting only a few hours and ending... well, you better watch for yourself.

1IxS1.png

Yeah, as it turns out, the developers just ran out of money and decided to throw the game up in its current state without any warning for its customers whatsoever.

The game is an absolute joke. Dark Matters? More like... Lark... Tatter. Yeah, Lark Tatter, let's go with that.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Lol i was close to purchasing this, read the OP & thought "what's all this about" visited the game forum on Steam, and yeah a lot of disgruntled purchasers.

I thought the game looked ok in the Steam trailers.

Also this is being sold as a finished game on Steam, not an early access.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ouch...that's poor management at its finest. I mean...I can understand very well they wanted more money from the kickstarter, but its their job to distribute the money within the department. And even if...just how much effort is it to throw a custom texture over the last door and make a little epilogue video?

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. That's probably the worst climax in video game history.
Naw, I'd hand that to Knights of the Old Republic II. Right up to the end of the game, everything falls apart into a bare-bones ending, complete with non-sequitur bosses, credits, and "cliffhanger" ending.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Naw, I'd hand that to Knights of the Old Republic II. Right up to the end of the game, everything falls apart into a bare-bones ending, complete with non-sequitur bosses, credits, and "cliffhanger" ending.

Well, here there's literally nothing to fall apart because the ending is non-existant.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading that Iceburg Interactive was the publisher, I wasn't really suprised.

Same thing happened with Stardrive, although nothing ever became of that debacle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny