Gaming War of The Shadows

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the editor? Also good luck :)
I am using the editor built into the essenthel engine. And thanks.

Awesome ....It's always cool to see people trying to create things here ...no matter what

When you sayd, something similar to WoW, I thought it could maybe be a too big of a project... ..not like I know the details though.. just sounds too big of a scale.

Anyways, I'm a bit rusty on my creative bits, but depending on your necessities, I could even help at some point (3d modeling/animation, digital drawing, video editing).

Good luck on your project ;)

i never saw this post. If you could do some models and animations, that would be amazing.

Last edited by Depravo,
Reactions: Amadren

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm surprised that no one has taken up the story writer position. What kind of story did you have in mind?
Because story writing is hard. It's an RPG, that means the storyline needs to be at least a little involved, there needs to be integration and flat out creation of lore, systematic and well done character development, etc. Although everybody likes to fancy themselves fantastic story writers, in the long run, most people just don't have the ability to integrate every element necessary in a skillful way.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because story writing is hard. It's an RPG, that means the storyline needs to be at least a little involved, there needs to be integration and flat out creation of lore, systematic and well done character development, etc. Although everybody likes to fancy themselves fantastic story writers, in the long run, most people just don't have the ability to integrate every element necessary in a skillful way.
Correct plus no upfront pay scares off most people

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I got that, I was wondering about setting, is this a dungeons and dragons type world with all sorts of unsavoury beasts, a magical world where things defy explanations, or possibly a mundane world where steel meets muscle and the chance to see tomorrow is mostly luck and improvised explosives. I think the under lying story is what is important. I also like unreliable narrators. The way I write my stories is to first create a universe. Then I can write several different stories in the universe. It's fun when I can connect one story to another or have background events such as a huge unexplained tree destroying i75 being on the news in another story. It helps to keeps dates since I know when I'm working toward such an occasion. The sort of stories that bum me out are like Haibane Renmei were the author builds up a ton of interesting questions and doesn't bother to answer most of them. I finish the story and then look around with the world having no idea that I just got seriously emotionally injured. My writing eventually gets to cover those missing pieces. I feel better that way. I may leave a hanging plot, but I have plans to finish it.

My problem is a slight case of dyslexia and my school did that sight word shit so I can't spell worth a dam. It it weren't for spell check for non-phonetic words and memorizing words I misspell, I'd be screwed.

As for games, I don't know how I'd handle complex actions with sprites. It's hard to show guilt and envy without subtle body cues. Then making the dialogue not sound cheesy. Regardless, from the looks of it, you got the story tellers part solved. I'll bookmark this and check back later to see how it goes.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got that, I was wondering about setting, is this a dungeons and dragons type world with all sorts of unsavoury beasts, a magical world where things defy explanations, or possibly a mundane world where steel meets muscle and the chance to see tomorrow is mostly luck and improvised explosives. I think the under lying story is what is important. I also like unreliable narrators. The way I write my stories is to first create a universe. Then I can write several different stories in the universe. It's fun when I can connect one story to another or have background events such as a huge unexplained tree destroying i75 being on the news in another story. It helps to keeps dates since I know when I'm working toward such an occasion. The sort of stories that bum me out are like Haibane Renmei were the author builds up a ton of interesting questions and doesn't bother to answer most of them. I finish the story and then look around with the world having no idea that I just got seriously emotionally injured. My writing eventually gets to cover those missing pieces. I feel better that way. I may leave a hanging plot, but I have plans to finish it.

My problem is a slight case of dyslexia and my school did that sight word shit so I can't spell worth a dam. It it weren't for spell check for non-phonetic words and memorizing words I misspell, I'd be screwed.

As for games, I don't know how I'd handle complex actions with sprites. It's hard to show guilt and envy without subtle body cues. Then making the dialogue not sound cheesy. Regardless, from the looks of it, you got the story tellers part solved. I'll bookmark this and check back later to see how it goes.
Well I'm a main guy who is working in the story. Right now we are in the backstory time and planning out the people in the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips