Hacking Wanting a 3DS XL Flashcart for my kids, which one is best?

Jaylaur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi There,

New to this forum and have searched around a bit to read other threads. I have an 11 & 8 year old who have a 3DS (just bought, not the "new" version 3DS). They have a DSI as well and have an R4i card, which seemed at the time a lot easier to get my hands on.

I would have gone for the R4i Gold (Deluxe or not) version only because we have the R4i with the DSi's, but I really wanted opinions if you think this is good or if there is anything else out there that is better, working wise, user friendly etc..

Also, I have ordered about a month ago now 2 R4i 3DS Gold cards from R43ds.org. After making my purchase, they took my money right away, waiting 3 weeks, I sent them a message as my order status still says "awaiting shipment", did not hear anything. Then I searched the company and Im afraid with all the negative reviews, although there were some good reviews too, I may have been scammed :( That being said, I am looking for legit sites to order the cards from. I see a link on this page, looked them up and have also read about un authorized charges to peoples credit cards after they ordered? If anyone has ordered from them, or can suggest another site, how long did they take to arrive and what was your experience?

Thank you in advance for all of your help and wisdom!!
L

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flashcard takes 1-2 weeks of shipping, because they ship all from Asia. R4i 3DS wasnt a good choice cause there are so many clones of them and the ultimately is, that the card is not working. Best alternative is the Supercard DS Two. It can play GB, GBC, GBA, NES, SNES and DS games. It worth it because this card has much more quality and works well. But its a bit expensive as clone cards.

Reactions: XRaidersP

Jaylaur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just want a card to load the roms on, 3ds and older ds versions of games so my kids can play them. I'd prefer to download the roms not pay for games :)

Jaylaur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So.. your kids want to play 3DS roms, too?

My kids have a 3DS, its not the New version that has just come out this year, its the older one. So yes, they want to play 3DS games, but I was hoping I could add the DS Roms on the card to so they can play older games as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how would you like to not pay for anything?
you would like that, i just know it.
rxtools is free

I don't mind paying for a flashcart, I mean not paying to purchase actual games, I'd rather download roms. All games on a card, one card in the machine, no games getting lost..

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhm.. 3DS games and older games are two different things. When your kids only want to play older games like DS, GBA etc. (NOT 3DS) you can buy the Supercard DS Two Flashcard. But when your kids want to play new games (3DS roms), you must buy another flashcard. But there are many thing that should be noted: Which firmware is the 3DS running? When its you can only use the Sky3DS flashcard but this flashcard is limited and cant run every game plus its a high venture to play with it online.

Last edited by Traiver,
Reactions: XRaidersP

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sky 3ds is the best way for 3ds, as it works with the latest firmware version, for ds roms r4i-sdhc.com has a new one that works on the latest one too, supercard ds two also works.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK theres a whole bunch of clutter and you're getting nowhere @Jaylaur

How old are your kids?
What kind of 3DS do you have?
What kind of games do you want to play?
What firmware is the 3DS on?
Are these kids tech savvy even slightly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1