Hacking Want is wrong with my vWii on my Wii U (HackMii Freezee)

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The op.... Those steps are for Wii. Grab your Wii nand and flash to vWii nand. Or, take the important ios from vWii and install to vWii. Overwrite if asked. Seriously, better to stick with Wii. If vWii is unmodded at least you could sell your Wii U and/or have some type of warranty. No big gain modifying vWii aside from playing Wii games on gamepad screen.

Yes, the first few lines were sarcastic. One time I told a 360 newb to drill a small hole into a chip abd try to solder there as an "alternate point.". They lifted a trace or something else and I was in the same type of mood I am now. Lol.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go out and get one of these then we will know if it is a sd card problem or not.
51Zu%2BQwOoJL._SY300_.jpg

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I have used also a different wiimote.

The black is my original Wiimote, the white Wiimote is from a friend.

Here is a screenshot of all the files I have tested until now :)

Capturar_zps6ebacd78.jpg

1_zps6291072f.jpg

2_zps3618f7d6.jpg
looking at whats on your SD card your missing the private folder. Copy the "private" directory from the Bathaxx download to the root of your SD card.

robjanssen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If the save game is already copied to the Wii Memory, the private folder isn't needed anymore.
The exploits works, because the HBC installer screen is shown.
The press 1 doesn't show.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
If the save game is already copied to the Wii Memory, the private folder isn't needed anymore.
The exploits works, because the HBC installer screen is shown.
The press 1 doesn't show.

I still think its an issue with the OP's SD card. I just decided to do my WiiU yesterday using the older non SH class as required using the same exploit save on a EU WiiU console. The press 1 message for the hackmii installer 1.2 took around 1.46 secs to show up. Dumping the nand took around 2 and half hours.

jhonniewalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks all for the feedback.

The magic SD cards from SanDisk are finally here.

I'm going for the ultimate test. I think this will tell us if it is a SD card compatibility or not.

First I'm will run the boot.elf from the original hackmii 1.2 installer. If doesn't work I will test this boot.elf posted by Maxternal and hopefully I (we) will figured out what is corrupted or missing on this vWii.

img01_zpse2d44921.jpg

Regards,

jhonniewalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well,

All the tests are done and....

For the boot.elf from the original hackmii 1.2 installer. Waited 5 minutes and nothing....

For the boot.elf posted by Maxternal, the result is "failed to get the stored tmd size for ios4". Then I'm back to the vWii menu.

Maxternal, I have checked the SD card for any file but only the boot.elf file is present.

This vWii is dead :(

jhonniewalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, since I'm able to use the Wii Homebrew Launcher directly from the SD Card (Now I'm always using SanDisk SD cards). I have tried to backup my vWii NAND using the FSToolBox.

This is what I get:
1 - At launch I get one error "Error! ES_Identify (ret = -1017)" (See first and second image) sorry the camera flash.
2 - When I press 1 I get a constant error (see third image) for all files. I didn't finished this part.

Any ideas what is corrupted?

img01_zps224df6cc.jpg

img03_zpsf38bc18a.jpg

img02_zps8be0b331.jpg

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
FSToolbox needs to be either run from HBC or from a patched IOS (that you'd need HBC to install anyhow) in order to get the access rights needed to do what it needs.

Not sure what to tell you as far as the other errors you get. If there were any Wii games that had trouble running because of this problem I'd say you could have an excuse to sent your Wii U in to Nintendo for repairs if something was originally corrupted when adding vWii mode on your first update ... but I get the impression that you at least don't have any problems with games you own.

EDIT : anything folders you ARE able to at least BROWSE with FSToolbox or do you not have access to anything at all?

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could he pack to wad the homebrew channel from a friends vwii and install on his or will the wad be tied to his friends console.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a Wiimote Plus? I dont exactly know if the hackmii installer works with them. Try a classic wiimote.
I found an old thread (for the wii), which says that wiimote+ dont work with the hackmii installer.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiimote-plus-hackmii.321149/

Give me 10 minutes and i test it for you.

I hacked mine with a remote with built in motion+.

But some remotes+ are more compatible than others, apparently.

jhonniewalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks all for the reply,

I have received today the game Smash Stack. I have successfully run the exploit, but the result is the same it hangs on the hackmii banner and the press 1 message never show.

Again the Wii U freezes, and it is only possible to shut off by pulling the power cord. Well, I think this is not also a problem from the exploit that is used.

This Wii U is really dead regarding to vWii hack.

I will send the wii u back, lets see what they do.

I will post the result here.

Again thanks all for your time reading my posts and help.

Reactions: Maxternal

jhonniewalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

As promissed, I have send the Wii U back to Nintendo warranty. I have received the Wii U back 2 weeks later, with a report stating that the Wii U didn't have any problem.

So I have plugged all to start playing and test the Wii U. I have inserted Nintendo Land DVD, and once I start the game the Wii U start showing a message that in order to play the game it needs to do some updates.

I have selected the option to update the Wii U, but the update keeps failing to install and I get the error 162-0002. No matter what I try I was always getting the same error.

So I have send the Wii U again back to Nintendo warranty, and 2 weeks later I have received a brand new Wii U console. The report states Moderboard Malfunction.

So, with this new Wii U I was able to install the hackmii without any problem, backup all, install the homebrew channel and the the other stuff etc...

Resuming it was really a Wii U problem and not a SD Card, Wiimote or exploit problem.

Now I have a full hacked vWii :)

Again thanks all for your important help and opinions. I can say now that I understand a little more the vWii world :)

Thanks

Reactions: Maxternal

Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

As promissed, I have send the Wii U back to Nintendo warranty. I have received the Wii U back 2 weeks later, with a report stating that the Wii U didn't have any problem.

So I have plugged all to start playing and test the Wii U. I have inserted Nintendo Land DVD, and once I start the game the Wii U start showing a message that in order to play the game it needs to do some updates.

I have selected the option to update the Wii U, but the update keeps failing to install and I get the error 162-0002. No matter what I try I was always getting the same error.

So I have send the Wii U again back to Nintendo warranty, and 2 weeks later I have received a brand new Wii U console. The report states Moderboard Malfunction.

So, with this new Wii U I was able to install the hackmii without any problem, backup all, install the homebrew channel and the the other stuff etc...

Resuming it was really a Wii U problem and not a SD Card, Wiimote or exploit problem.

Now I have a full hacked vWii :)

Again thanks all for your important help and opinions. I can say now that I understand a little more the vWii world :)

Thanks

Wow. You sir have some real motivation to get evereything working. I hope I don't have these issues. I havent gotten any update problems on my WiiU yet so I think I will be good. I hope...

Reactions: pedrobarca

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm when I did my vWii 2 weeks ago I did it with lego-batman and a Wii remote+. If you have trouble finding a 2GB SD locally Gamestop has them in stock for older DS memory.

My WiiU was a 5.5.0 Mario Kart 8 bundle from bestbuy.

Last edited by jimbo13,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game