Hardware Misc Others Wii U reads Wii U games fine but not Wii games...

wiccachu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Idk if this the right place to post it, sorry if its not BTW.
So a bought a used wii u this week and it came with a bunch of original wii and wii u games and they're all spotless very well preserved. I tried playing the wii u games and they all worked fine. But when I go to the vWii and try to play the Wii games it just doesn't work at all, it just shows a message "Unable to read disc". I've searched everywhere and just found nothing about it. Can someone pls help? Thank you!

* Also the wii u is hacked, im using Aroma.
* Both the wii u and vwii are set to region free (i checked)
* And i also tried playing the wii games before and after hacking the video game (didn't work either).
* All the wii games are working fine, I've tried them on my bf's Wii.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe it's just dirt on the DVD lense? Unlikely as IIRC multiple lasers share the same lense but might be worth to try to clean it. Just search for some cheap CD, DVD or BlueRay cleaning disc and enter it. Wii U will tell it can't read it but trying to read it / spinning it up and moving the laser a bit should be enough to remove dust.

Note that this is highly theoretical through. Never tested it and IIRC Nintendo even had special cleaning discs for the Wii U, let me google real quick... Yea, there it is: https://www.amazon.com/-/de/dp/B00WTHK6ZQ/ ... Probably out of stock anywhere through and I wouldn't purchase these used.

//EDIT: Found one of these cleaners on eBay - for $50 used... So yea, I would just try some generic cleaning disc as they are much more cheap and not used. Anyway here some pictures of this:
1714461959113.png

1714461973909.png

1714462000242.png

1714462025163.png

1714462042513.png
As you see it's just a disc with some brushes and some solution which might be a polishing fluid or something like that. ;)

//EDIT²: A drop of (nearly 100% clean, better ask your local pharmacy than purchasing online) isopropyl alcohol might have the same effect as that unknown liquid Nintendo added to the discs. Just don't use water...

//EDIT³: Have a look at this, too: - There's a cleaning disc which is confirmed to have fixed a similiar problem as yours.

Last edited by V10lator,

wiccachu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maybe it's just dirt on the DVD lense? Unlikely as IIRC multiple lasers share the same lense but might be worth to try to clean it. Just search for some cheap CD, DVD or BlueRay cleaning disc and enter it. Wii U will tell it can't read it but trying to read it / spinning it up and moving the laser a bit should be enough to remove dust.

Note that this is highly theoretical through. Never tested it and IIRC Nintendo even had special cleaning discs for the Wii U, let me google real quick... Yea, there it is: ... Probably out of stock anywhere through and I wouldn't purchase these used.

//EDIT: Found one of these cleaners on eBay - for $50 used... So yea, I would just try some generic cleaning disc as they are much more cheap and not used. Anyway here some pictures of this:
As you see it's just a disc with some brushes and some solution which might be a polishing fluid or something like that. ;)

//EDIT²: A drop of (nearly 100% clean, better ask your local pharmacy than purchasing online) isopropyl alcohol might have the same effect as that unknown liquid Nintendo added to the discs. Just don't use water...

//EDIT³: Have a look at this, too: - There's a cleaning disc which is confirmed to have fixed a similiar problem as yours.

Thank you very much! I'll keep searching about this topic but meanwhile I'll probably try cleaning the lens with isopropyl alcohol. Even the generic lens cleaning discs are expensive in Brasil hahah but it really helped!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1