Hacking Want is wrong with my vWii on my Wii U (HackMii Freezee)

jhonniewalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Again thanks Maxternal, for your patience and time.

No, there is none installer.log inside the SD Card.

After getting in to 5 large stores, with hundreds of SD Cards, with 20 brands, guess what there were none 2Gb SD card. They have only 4Gb and above SDHC.

I have found this lost one but it is a Micro SD. It was the only SD available.
img01_zps967d6e6d.jpg

After copy the boot.elf file the result is the same :(

jhonniewalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

jhonniewalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Today I have used also a different wiimote.

The black is my original Wiimote, the white Wiimote is from a friend.

Here is a screenshot of all the files I have tested until now :)

Capturar_zps6ebacd78.jpg

1_zps6291072f.jpg

2_zps3618f7d6.jpg

jhonniewalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the tip, but I have already have tested that same result!

What I have notice, when I use the "boot.elf" file on the SD root, and run the exploit the blue light on the wiimote stays solid blue.

When I use the "boot.dol" file, using the Wii Homebrew Launcher once I run the exploit the blue light on the wiimote goes off and it looses communication with the Wii U. And it freezes!

Booth wiimotes act exactly the same.

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
I used the Jodi on my wii u two days ago and no problems, stands to reason the exploit is the same since runs on the same engine.

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i can suggest is trying on a normal wiimote, even if that wii motion plus one worked on an older wii, it might not on the Wiiu. If they don't sell them in stores anymore, buy one online. Or buy a 2gb sd online (or both?)

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Again thanks Maxternal, for your patience and time.

No, there is none installer.log inside the SD Card.

After getting in to 5 large stores, with hundreds of SD Cards, with 20 brands, guess what there were none 2Gb SD card. They have only 4Gb and above SDHC.

I have found this lost one but it is a Micro SD. It was the only SD available.
img01_zps967d6e6d.jpg

After copy the boot.elf file the result is the same :(

I used a micro SD with an adapter as well. It was painfully slow. It took about a half hour till they said I could press 1 for HBC and over 25 hours for Dump Mii NAND to finish. It barely moved... but it did.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
25 hours, fuck that. You have patience of a saint man:wink:. I just bought two of these http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Flash-Memory-Card-TS2GSDC/dp/B000FGNM6I

And plan to soft mod my WiiU soon, yet be interesting to see how this problem goes and whether a fix is found but I think its an SD issue from the looks of it. I modded two of my wii's years ago and one was a bit fussy based on the SD card I used at the time.

@ jhonniewalk hope you get it sorted out as its a pain the ass when you have basically tried nearly every possible solution so far. I would try for a proper 2GB non HC like the two I bought. Brands should not matter, yet I tend to go for those types instead of a obscure unknown version. Ebay will be your best bet for a non HC if stores in your area only stock newer SD generations

jhonniewalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Onion_Knight, did your Wii U I stay completed blocked also, that to power off just pulling the power cable?

Well I have just bought a new hacking kit on ebay, it will take 5 to 7 days to arrive. I let you know the result.

12_zps7f06240d.jpg

12_zps5301de9e.jpg

8134i0eejul_sl1500__zpsf8614c72.jpg

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Onion_Knight, did your Wii U I stay completed blocked also, that to power off just pulling the power cable?

Well I have just bought a new hacking kit on ebay, it will take 5 to 7 days to arrive. I let you know the result.

It finished, it took like 20 mins to get from 0 to 1 and I just left it there and went about my business. Checked again before bed (8+hours in and I was around 1400 blocks) next morning I had gotten up to 2700 and by evening it was done. lots of work for 512 mb file.

jhonniewalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, for the reply.

But it seams your are talking the time that takes to make the backup of the vWii mode keys. So I assume that you have successfully installed the homebrew channel.

How many time did take to install the homebrew channel "hackmii"?

My problem is, I'm mot able to install the homebrew channel.

As for to answer any question about how long I have waited for the "Press (1) to continue message".

Today I ran the exploit again around 10AM, as usual it have entered on the Hackmii banner without problems.

I have left the Wii U turned an go to do my stuff.

I went back to the Wii u around 14PM, or +- 4 hours later the the image that was on the tv screen was exactly the same as I left no "Press (1) to continue message"

I still have my old wii resting on my garage, I'm going to test this with the same Micro SD card, same game, same exploit file, wiimote and boo.elf.

I will post the result soon.

Thanks all for your tips and tricks.

jhonniewalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What about HomebrewFilter http://nanolx.org/wiihomebrew/homebrewfilter?

All the examples I have seen they launch the HomebrewFilter trough Homebrew Channel. Not a clean install as the HackMii Installer.

Does this HomebrewFilter work like HackMii?
Do you think if I load this "boot.dol" file trough Wii Homebrew Launcher is it safe?

I'm wondering if it will be possible to perform all this safe steps:

4) Backup vWii mode keys

From HBC launch xyzzy -> select "SD Card" when requested -> press A -> wait 10-20 seconds (ignore error messages) -> when asked press A to go back to HBC; the file will be copied in SD :\keys.txt

5) Backup vWii mode NAND content
Start HBC -> launch latest version of the great Dump Mii NAND tool (by Maxternal) tool;
the automatic dump procedure will last from 20 to 60 minutes (in my experience it depends on the SD card you are using); the files (nand.bin and keys.bin) will be dumped in sd:/apps/DumpMiNND/ folder; at the end of the dumping procedure your WiiU will reboot.

6) Install d2x cIOS on different bases/slots
Start HBC and launch d2x cIOS Installer Mod v2.2 -> press a wiimote key ->
- at "Select cIOS" press right and select "d2x-v10-beta52-vWii" or "d2xv10-beta53-alt-vWii"
- at "Select cIOS base" select "56"
- at "Select cIOS slot" select "249"
press A to install -> cIOS 249 installed.

Repeat the above procedure for IOS57:
- at "Select cIOS" press right and select "d2x-v10-beta52-vWii" or "d2xv10-beta53-alt-vWii"
- at "Select cIOS base" select "57"
- at "Select cIOS slot" select "250"
press A to install -> cIOS 250 installed.

Repeat the above procedure for IOS58:
- at "Select cIOS base" select "58"
- at "Select cIOS slot" select "251"
press A to install -> cIOS 251 installed.

7) Now you can execute your preferred homebrew (that needs a cIOS) under HBC. Some homebrews can request IOS236 (see optional steps below on how to install it)

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
What about HomebrewFilter http://nanolx.org/wiihomebrew/homebrewfilter?

All the examples I have seen they launch the HomebrewFilter trough Homebrew Channel. Not a clean install as the HackMii Installer.

Does this HomebrewFilter work like HackMii?
Do you think if I load this "boot.dol" file trough Wii Homebrew Launcher is it safe?

I'm wondering if it will be possible to perform all this safe steps:
I have fully installed HBC with no issues suing a micro SD and converter. I used the LEGO Star Wars exploit and since your using the Lego Batman, I assume they are both exploiting the same vulnerability since they use the same engine. I am having an issue with WiiFlow not recognizing some of my games though. They show up on my old Wii and load just fine on it but aren't seen unless I tell change the USB path from USB1:\wbfs to USB1:\ but than they wont launch. Very annoying.

jhonniewalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

As promised I have dome the test with my old wii, to test the SD Card and the files.

This is what I have done:

The SD Card used was the Transcend microSD + adapter. I have copied the private folder of the bathaxx into the root of the microSD card, and copied also the "boot.elf" from hackmii installer v1.2 into the root of the microSD card.

I have used exactly the same Transcend microSD + adapter and files without any modifications on Wii and vWii.

Here is the Wii result: http://www.4shared.com/video/buIIbTvoce/WP_20140209_006.html

Here is the vWii result: http://www.4shared.com/video/rSXJs8Lcba/WP_20140209_007.html

After this test I'm 100% that this is not a SD card problem. There is something corrupted or missing on the vWii that is freezing the hackmii install.

However, since I have bought a new game "Super Smash Bros" + 2 new SD Sandisk I will perform a final test using this material.

Thanks all for your tips and tricks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp