Vita3K, a PS Vita emulator for Android, released

vita3k android.png

After the PS2 and the Switch, Android users are now able to emulate yet another system on their devices. Originally a PlayStation Vita emulator for Windows, Linux and macOS, Vita3K has been ported to Android. It's still very much in its early stages and has had two releases since becoming available yesterday. The developers note that Vita3K is an experimental emulator and users shouldn't expect everything to run flawlessly. But as is usually the case for emulators, there is the potential for Vita3K to only have better compatibility in the future.

You can head to the GitHub repository below for installation instructions.

:download: Vita3K Android Port GitHub Repository

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
What are the "must-play" exclusives games on the vita ?
Depends if you like anime games then there's Freedom Wars, Mahouka koukou no rettousei out of order, World Trigger Borderless mission, Soul Sacrifice Delta, the neptunia games. Nowadays vita doesn't have that many exclusives but the ones it has are fun

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want this to somehow work on switch full speed or not, so switch could have a psp and vita. I know switchroot was mentioned but I rather it somehow be from the homebrew menu.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Awesome. I'll try it on my Tab S7 FE tomorrow.
Not really confident since it doesn't have a powerful CPU, but hoping that I'll be able to run things decently.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I want this to somehow work on switch full speed or not, so switch could have a psp and vita. I know switchroot was mentioned but I rather it somehow be from the homebrew menu.
Vita2hos was the thing you wanted but it didn't get any recent development. It runs vita software natively on switch but only simple things for now

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vita2hos was the thing you wanted but it didn't get any recent development. It runs vita software natively on switch but only simple things for now
I forgot all about that, from what I just read, even though it doesn’t do much, it seems if I was to set it up, I think I would lose homebrew browser.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's funny is the developers always told the Android fandom on their Discord channel that it'll be years before Vita3k would be on Android.

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Since Vita is an ARM device and most Android phones support AArch32, curious why they didn't try to make also 32-bit app that will act as wrapper for CPU code.
could be wrong but, probably because newer phones might be dropping 32bit support.
i remember hearing some people talk about flappy bird not running on pixel 7 because of that reason.

Last edited by SMNFXCN,

CloudStrife190100

HaxCommunity
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't even get it to run to be fair. The games won't install. Tried zip / vpk i get this error. i even extracted the vpk and placed the game folder in the proper directory. The game shows up and won't run 🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230214_080519_Vita3K.jpg
    Screenshot_20230214_080519_Vita3K.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 34

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can't even get it to run to be fair. The games won't install. Tried zip / vpk i get this error. i even extracted the vpk and placed the game folder in the proper directory. The game shows up and won't run 🤣
What game is it? Have looked up the compatibility chart ?

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the "must-play" exclusives games on the vita ?
Soul Sacrifice Delta and Freedom Wars the only ones I can think of. Most of the Vita's library is on PS3, PS4, PC, or Switch. Or ports of PS2 games like the Jak collection. Toukiden Kiwami and Toukiden 2 are solid but they're also on PC.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, Nick is not that new