Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this homebrew is really fun and well made. teaming up with sprite attack was a great idea. i love the old school video game songs as opposed to boring rock/metal/blah crap that is in these type of games these days. being homebrew you don't have to care about copyright (well you do, but who cares) so i think you should keep with the old video game theme and exploit it for all its worth. if you do start to include songs by request please keep it a seperate build from the video game one.

also a comment to everyone with the huge feature requests:
this game was coded by 1 person for 1 person and released for you to enjoy it. if you want to change it so drastically learn to code in C and make your own. be constructive and report bugs not 'feature' requests or crap that bothers you because its not how *you* would have done it.

cheers,
-another world

adamrgolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
also a comment to everyone with the huge feature requests:
this game was coded by 1 person for 1 person and released for you to enjoy it. if you want to change it so drastically learn to code in C and make your own. be constructive and report bugs not 'feature' requests or crap that bothers you because its not how *you* would have done it.

I'm pretty sure the dev likes these kinds of requests. As long as the requests aren't mixed with bashing his efforts thus far. Praise and requests are any good developers dream. It means people like his work and also gives him a chance to improve his work. If he had said in the first post, "Here is my game, I don't want to work on it any more so don't even ask" then things would be totally different.

eggwolio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IronGorisan said:
Has anybody got this working on an Edge cart?

thanks for any help!

IG

I had no problems. Make sure you put the VGH folder in the root directory, right alongside your EDGE directory. Don't nest it in anything. You can put the VGH.NDS file anywhere.

I can't help but wonder with cards supporting SDHC now, if it wouldn't be possible to include full songs with lyrics. And I still don't know how to unlock the entertainer or rock a doodle.

IronGorisan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I did put vgh in the root directory. Still getting an error:

"A file is missing /vgh/gfx/spriteattack
no se ha encontrade.

Codigo de error !

It is there!, not corrupt!

I shall keep looking!.
SDHC is pretty cool, I have a 4GB, and will be looking for a 8GB when they go on sale.

IG

[/quote]

I had no problems. Make sure you put the VGH folder in the root directory, right alongside your EDGE directory. Don't nest it in anything. You can put the VGH.NDS file anywhere.

I can't help but wonder with cards supporting SDHC now, if it wouldn't be possible to include full songs with lyrics. And I still don't know how to unlock the entertainer or rock a doodle.
[/quote]

13375p34k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh MAN I can't even begin to explain how awesome this game is, especially considering its Homebrew. I mean I let my sisiter try it out and she thought I had bought a new game, thats how good it is. The graphics are nice and cartoony, but not childish. Plus the notes go with the rhythm of the song.

So Kudos to you SumiGuchi + everyone who helped him, I hope to see more of your developments.

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I played it and loved it but i am not really into all the songs i would rather pick and chose the songs i want to play so to the creator do you have a save file or does anybody have a save file with all songs unlocked.

Kbs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is there another update coming anytime soon?
smile.gif
I've already played through all the songs
tongue.gif

sumiguchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kbs said:
Is there another update coming anytime soon?
smile.gif
I've already played through all the songs
tongue.gif

I've received quite a few files/urls to additional songs - and will be trying to put out another release in the next few weeks.

QUOTEsecond place, congratulations!
Thanks for everyones support
smile.gif

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
hihi ^^ your game is awesome ^^

sry if im too lazy to read all the pages and it has been said before but i was wondering if there is a way to make custom songs ^^

i would love to have more battle songs from final fantasy saga or some animes...

is there any way? ^^

Tollor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your game is good.
(one of my favorites)

But I found something wrong...

-Bachs remix-Is Mozarts alla-turca, call it Mozart remix pls

-Red notes has purple corners

Can you add long notes and multicart play?.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome game!
This is by far, the best homebrew I've played.

I agree with Tollor, maybe some long notes.
Multi-cart might be a bit difficult but that would be nice too.
happy.gif

Awesome job! Thanks for sharing the work.
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag