Homebrew RELEASE VBA-next for Switch(works 4.1)

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't go through the whole thread, but this emulator isn't working in docked mode, right?

I get an error as soo as I launch it in docked mode or put my Switch in the dock while the emu is running.
That's odd. It should work in docked mode fine

Reactions: tpax

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't go through the whole thread, but this emulator isn't working in docked mode, right?

I get an error as soo as I launch it in docked mode or put my Switch in the dock while the emu is running.
This works in docked mode. At least it has worked for me while playing docked. I have no issues at all playing robopon 2.

Try everything. Have a game running when you dock it. Power cycle the dock (just unplug it and plug it back in after 10 second. Sounds weird but I have had an issues with the dock not communicating with the TV and not powering off the switch when my TV is turned off so it is an idea to try.

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Works fine for me with the latest VBA NEXT

But i moved onto retro arc as its better..

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
This works in docked mode. At least it has worked for me while playing docked. I have no issues at all playing robopon 2.

Try everything. Have a game running when you dock it. Power cycle the dock (just unplug it and plug it back in after 10 second. Sounds weird but I have had an issues with the dock not communicating with the TV and not powering off the switch when my TV is turned off so it is an idea to try.

I tried almost everything. Rebooting Switch, launching the Emu while docked, starting a game undocked and then docking it. It results in an error-code and I have to reboot my Switch. I'm using SX OS btw.
Will try to powercycle the dock next time.

Works fine for me with the latest VBA NEXT

But i moved onto retro arc as its better..

I'd love to use retro arch, but it doesn't support exfat and I'm too lazy to split all my XCIs and NSPs.

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried almost everything. Rebooting Switch, launching the Emu while docked, starting a game undocked and then docking it. It results in an error-code and I have to reboot my Switch. I'm using SX OS btw.

I'd love to use retro arch, but it doesn't support exfat and I'm too lazy to split all my XCIs and NSPs.
Im using exfat with latest retro arc no probblems for me
Was just last night playin pokemon crystal open world with exfat

Last edited by Canna,

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just learned this too but the retroarch cores work with exfat. Retronx doesn't though. I just don't like the ui for retroarch so I use vba next and psnes

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Just FYI, figured out that if you start VBA-next with hbmenu while docked, instead of SX OS homebrew menu, it works like a charm. In case someone has the same error.

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
a new version of libnx was just released which should resolves this docked mode debacle.

It also opens the door to hardware 3d acceleration which makes me personally, after being a bit inactive recently, very excited!

Reactions: JJTapia19 and tpax

lintu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Amazing job! I've been wanting to bring some GBA classics on the go with me on the Nintendo Switch all in one place, thanks!

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I want to test Cheat menu, someone can give just one file with the cheat inside ?
how do you make the .cheat files? or where can I download them?
In the latest version(https://github.com/RSDuck/vba-next-switch/releases) cheats are available and it's already out for quite some time. Press X while a game is running to get into the cheat menu. There you can add cheats right on the Switch. For multiline cheats just use multiple cheats, one per line.

Reactions: chronoss

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, but you can't add a cheat file and load it in your game ?
say for example you have a rom called Pokemon Emerald nointro (whatever).gba then you can create a file called Pokemon Emerald nointro (whatever).txt and put your cheats in the following format into it:
Code:
#cheat description
cheatcode true
cheatcodewiththesamedescription true
#another cheat description
someothercheatcode true
(the true can be replaced with false, to disable the cheat)

Last edited by catlover007,
Reactions: chronoss

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
say for example you have a rom called Pokemon Emerald nointro (whatever).gba then you can create a file called Pokemon Emerald nointro (whatever).txt and put your cheats in the following format into it:
Code:
#cheat description
cheatcode true
cheatcodewiththesamedescription true
#another cheat description
someothercheatcode true
(the true can be replaced with false, to disable the cheat)
Ok thanks !
I will try !

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
@catlover007 :
I have this cheat file and inside, there are some code like this :
Code:
[HP does not reduce]
ON=41310,33,8;41312,33,8

[Missile does not reduce]
ON=41314,E7,3;41316,E7,3

[Bomb does not reduce]
ON=41318,63;41319,63

And for your exempl, i create a new file with the name of the game and i whrite this insie :
Code:
*HP does not reduce
41310,33,8;41312,33,8 true

*Missile does not reduce
41314,E7,3;41316,E7,3 true

*Bomb does not reduce
41318,63;41319,63 true

On cheat menu, i have nothing :(

Can you help me please ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat