ROM Hack [v1 Release] Fire Emblem IF - English Translation

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm guessing there is no way to play this patched version on SKy3ds right? ._.
Im not sure but it might run a patched cia.....

I dont know jack about sky other than gateway has more features and can use homebrew. So it could but you might need to wait on conformation from someone who does know.

Edit: totally meant .3ds my bad

Last edited by CFallenleaf,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure but it might run a patched cia.....

I dont know jack about sky other than gateway has more features and can use homebrew. So it could but you might need to wait on conformation from someone who does know.

It may be possible to run modified roms on a Sky3DS. But you have to run it while in CFW mode as Sky3DS does not patch sig checks. It simply emulates a real cartridge. As long as there's no funny business with the rom format (aka you don't change it to something beyond spec). It should work. Note that this probably means you need to make sure to re-encrypt the rom using the retail keys. CFW does not allow the use of zero keys. Only Gateway card (and probably the new Bluecard clone too) enables zero key encryption for CIAs/CCI (CCI = 3DS files). So you must be using the correct encryption keys for roms being used on the Sky3DS and CFW with sig checks patched out (that allow the use of retail carts on slot-1. Classic Mode on Gateway/BlueCard do not currently allow unsigned content).

As far as encrypting using retail keys, the only way right now to do that is to have the original xorpads for the unmodified rom. For this game, you just have to re-encrypt the new romfs.bin with the xorpad (it's simply a reverse order command for padxorer. aka, "padxorer.exe romfs.xorpad romfs.bin" for example. You would use romfs.bin first in that command if you were going to decrypt something instead).

Trouble is, you have to manually inject the encrypted romfs back into the encrypted rom and fix the hashes. There's no program that automates that right now, so it's a hassle. (even for me) I have not yet attempted to redo hashes for romfs in a CCI container. You could also edit content of exefs as well. But there isn't a standalone exefs.bin builder. You'll either need to inject the modified icon/banner/code.bin into the exefs.bin file. (best not to attempt that) or build a dummy CCI with makerom and extract the exefs.bin from it which would result in a built exefs.bin with your changes.

Would be great if rxTools/Decrypt9 had a "CTR Encrypter" feature (with the ability to select system fixed keyslot if one was going to encrypt a systemp app. I think non system cxi and normal retail CCIs use a different keyslot. :P That could make the Sky3DS viable for homebrew and other things on CFW. (though for homebrew and dev apps you may have issues due to the lack of template files for them as only official retail games have template files provided by the flashcart maker)

But rom hacks on Sky3DS should be possible on CFW. You just have to rebuild the rom with the correct encryption and make sure the exheader hasn't been modified. (in most cases you should not need to modify the exheader)

Of coarse if your system is on firmware beyond 9.2, there is no way you are getting rom hacks/homebrew working on Sky3DS.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally meant .3ds not cia. I know it doesnt really matter to you guys but i hate looking like such an idiot. Im sick today my thought process is slow and im not thinking right lol. Sorry bout that.

Rpy360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know the western release it just a few months away (still waiting on the Special edition preorders to go up), but the idea of playing a censored version is extremely off-putting.
Bravely Default got a 'For the sequel' verison, but I can't see this game getting something like that. So hats off to the folks at the forest.

Any plans for the dlc to be translated?

once the western versions come out would we be able to decrypt those de-censor them and copy the translation over?

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the western release it just a few months away (still waiting on the Special edition preorders to go up), but the idea of playing a censored version is extremely off-putting.
Bravely Default got a 'For the sequel' verison, but I can't see this game getting something like that. So hats off to the folks at the forest.

Any plans for the dlc to be translated?

once the western versions come out would we be able to decrypt those de-censor them and copy the translation over?
DLC will be translated.

We're most likely not going to mess with the official English release.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the Fire Emblem IF Special Edition from Japan include all of the DLC content? Is there anyway to pay for anything that is additional such as map packs on my US 3DS or am I gonna have to install .cia files to get them?

I may have to import the game depending how much of the content gets censored up.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the Fire Emblem IF Special Edition from Japan include all of the DLC content? Is there anyway to pay for anything that is additional such as map packs on my US 3DS or am I gonna have to install .cia files to get them?

I may have to import the game depending how much of the content gets censored up.
The Special Edition only includes all three paths with extra goodies like an artbook and a special FE cipher card. The other DLC stuff are separate.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Special Edition only includes all three paths with extra goodies like an artbook and a special FE cipher card. The other DLC stuff are separate.
Sounds awesome but is there any way to pay for the DLC on my US 3DS if I so choose to import the Japanese version? I'd like to support the devs but at the same time I wont tolerate censorship.

Decisions.

P.S. The Rom Patcher V1 link is down.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds awesome but is there any way to pay for the DLC on my US 3DS if I so choose to import the Japanese version? I'd like to support the devs but at the same time I wont tolerate censorship.

Decisions.

P.S. The Rom Patcher V1 link is down.
Nope, there's no way to pay for the Japanese DLC on your US 3DS. I've heard that there have been some cases where there were some people being able to convert their EmuNAND to Japanese and getting eShop to work on their US/EU Old3DS. But again, just something I've heard and it seems way too much of a hassle to do.

Just download the latest patch from here. The Rom Patcher should be included. Also, this thread hasn't been updated in a long time.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, there's no way to pay for the Japanese DLC on your US 3DS. I've heard that there have been some cases where there were some people being able to convert their EmuNAND to Japanese and getting eShop to work on their US/EU Old3DS. But again, just something I've heard and it seems way too much of a hassle to do.

Just download the latest patch from here. The Rom Patcher should be included. Also, this thread hasn't been updated in a long time.
Does that mean the translation won't ever be complete? I just don't want to play a censored game and I'm willing to wait however long it takes to get a true untouched translation.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that mean the translation won't ever be complete? I just don't want to play a censored game and I'm willing to wait however long it takes to get a true untouched translation.
I'm just saying that this thread isn't exactly the "official" thread for the fan-translation. Also, the fan-translation has already finished translating all three paths.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just saying that this thread isn't exactly the "official" thread for the fan-translation. Also, the fan-translation has already finished translating all three paths.
Thats amazing news. I'll import the Special Edition immediatly when I get paid next week then. Thank you.

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
sadly though the dlc and not all of the game (a lot of menu stuff) hasn't been patched, just the dialect and some of the most used menu has been so the game isn't 100% patched.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sadly though the dlc and not all of the game (a lot of menu stuff) hasn't been patched, just the dialect and some of the most used menu has been so the game isn't 100% patched.
Is the DLC even available yet for Japan? Not fair to fault them for something that isn't out yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: