Canada

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good videos. A voice-over would be great, however. You know, just to further explain and show things.

Question: What OS are you running in the videos? It looks like 95.
I thought it was XP.

Neither. It's a version of Windows 7 that I've hacked to look almost exactly like my Windows 98 computer. The simple boxy graphics of Windows 98 let my notebook laptop battery last for 10 hours! The unusual turquoise theme is just because that's my favorite color. The background of Rosalina is just because she is my favorite Nintendo character. (Probably because her theme color is my favorite blue-green/turquoise color.) You can deduce my favorite color and character from my avatar also. :lol:

PS: I could add narrative sub-titles, but my voice is extremely odd. You would be too distracted by my voice to actually listen to what I would be saying. :P

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd in what sense? I'm sure it wouldnt be too distracting.
NOTE TO MODERATORS: This post is totally off-topic and you may delete or relocate it if you want.

Well, when I was a little boy, my voice was fairly normal, but when I was about 14, my voice got much higher instead of much lower. Much higher than a normal woman's voice too. It's been the same ever since. It probably wouldn't be too distracting on the video, but it might take a couple times for people to get over it. Also, I don't want to get made fun of by the jerks on YouTube who think they know everything. (But in fact know less than most people.) One time, I actually digitally modified my voice to make it more normal on a video I made for my grandparents.

Crazc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOTE TO MODERATORS: This post is totally off-topic and you may delete or relocate it if you want.

Well, when I was a little boy, my voice was fairly normal, but when I was about 14, my voice got much higher instead of much lower. Much higher than a normal woman's voice too. It's been the same ever since. It probably wouldn't be too distracting on the video, but it might take a couple times for people to get over it. Also, I don't want to get made fun of by the jerks on YouTube who think they know everything. (But in fact know less than most people.) One time, I actually digitally modified my voice to make it more normal on a video I made for my grandparents.

That's.....interesting. But nothing I would make fun of. And the only people on YouTube who would see your videos are people specifically seeking them. I doubt they'd be mean to you.

On Topic: A voice over would help the videos be more friendly and helpful, thus helping the users use your program ;)

Reactions: Mr. Mysterio

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Festival and Gespeaker. (if you are on linux) Anonymous tts. (if you are on windows) Or say screw em and continue using your voice.(I like this one best just be yourself and don't worry about the idiots who have nothing better to do then make fun of others all the time) And if you need to temporarily make your voice real deep a couple huffs from an office duster can (little ones and not with can upside down) will really lower the register. (don't make a habit of doing this though might kill some brain cells...lol maybe thats whats wrong with me)
At your other post I miss windows NT. lol.
Windows 98 was great. Really miss the simplicity.

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I left you a question on your wii u backup video. I can't ask it here. My signature says it all.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmmmmm is this for pc or for wii u?

Dude, PC is literally in the name. :P

Uwizard is a PC program that combines many other Wii U PC programs into one. It can extract files from game backups, it can download and decrypt data from NUS, it can play and convert BFSTM and BFWAV sound files, and it can manage SARC archives and Yaz0 SZS files. It also can store and verify your system and game encryption keys.

pdensco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan

Uwizard is a PC program that combines many other Wii U PC programs into one. It can extract files from game backups, it can download and decrypt data from NUS, it can play and convert BFSTM and BFWAV sound files, and it can manage SARC archives and Yaz0 SZS files. It also can store and verify your system and game encryption keys.

hmmmmmm this looks great i will try this :)

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wait a minute... Other tools?

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a minute... Other tools?

The WUD Manager, for example, extract the files using crediar's DiscU program. That program however, uses an awkward command-line interface that is very slow to use. Uwizard provides the user with a nice GUI. The only part of Uwizard that doesn't rely on a separate program is SARC management. The SARC extracting and packing functions are coded directly into Uwizard,

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The WUD Manager, for example, extract the files using crediar's DiscU program. That program however, uses an awkward command-line interface that is very slow to use. Uwizard provides the user with a nice GUI. The only part of Uwizard that doesn't rely on a separate program is SARC management. The SARC extracting and packing functions are coded directly into Uwizard,
OOHhhh. I really didn't know that there was any other programs before I saw the webpage and downloaded it.

Eanan

Trophies
XP
Country
So wait, this is a tool for playing wii U isos? Im new to the wii U homebrew scene, I thought the wiiu couldnt play backups yet.

Forgive me if this is a newbie question

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the XP compatible version.

Tested version: 1.1.3
- keys are not saved at exit. (settings are saved, but not the keys)
- on nus download tab, if you cancel a download you can't resume if the "cetk_old" file is still present. (it logs "can't create already existing file")
- no way to change text language from the settings (I chose english, but want to try French now). If I delete settings.bin it tells me "settings and keys are now lost" but the key were not saved, and it still doesn't re-ask for language. replacing settings.bin from the one in the release asks for the language again.
- very minor issue : could you add an auto-resize of the interface at launch to match bigger tab's name with non english language? at the same time, maybe you could memorize windows size and position in the settings.bin ? you can reset size when switching language.

- Windows XP can't decrypt NUS downloaded files (and probably WiiU games either) because it's using "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" from Net4.5 and XP can't install this version.
I think there's a workaround for that command, or just force 1 processor if you can't find the processor number?
- After decryption failed, the program still think it's fine :
NUS Download Finished.
Decrypting contents...

Finished decrypting contents.
Opening output directory...

in the readme:
- French section has Portuguese help text instead of French (change log is in french)
- Portuguese section has French help text (changelog is in portuguese)

- French translation has issues in the readme and the program.
I can help fix the sentences in he readme if you want.
in the program it's very minor (button width issue, the text doesn't fit on the setting page)

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait, this is a tool for playing wii U isos? Im new to the wii U homebrew scene, I thought the wiiu couldnt play backups yet.

Forgive me if this is a newbie question
No it can't. I added a little note to the OP about this.

Thanks for the XP compatible version.

Tested version: 1.1.3
- keys are not saved at exit. (settings are saved, but not the keys)
- on nus download tab, if you cancel a download you can't resume if the "cetk_old" file is still present. (it logs "can't create already existing file")
- no way to change text language from the settings (I chose english, but want to try French now). If I delete settings.bin it tells me "settings and keys are now lost" but the key were not saved, and it still doesn't re-ask for language. replacing settings.bin from the one in the release asks for the language again.
- very minor issue : could you add an auto-resize of the interface at launch to match bigger tab's name with non english language? at the same time, maybe you could memorize windows size and position in the settings.bin ? you can reset size when switching language.

- Windows XP can't decrypt NUS downloaded files (and probably WiiU games either) because it's using "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" from Net4.5 and XP can't install this version.
I think there's a workaround for that command, or just force 1 processor if you can't find the processor number?
- After decryption failed, the program still think it's fine :

in the readme:
- French section has Portuguese help text instead of French (change log is in french)
- Portuguese section has French help text (changelog is in portuguese)

- French translation has issues in the readme and the program.
I can help fix the sentences in he readme if you want.
in the program it's very minor (button width issue, the text doesn't fit on the setting page)
WOW! Thanks for the great detailed bug report!

- Either the entire settings.bin should fail to be saved, or the keys and the settings should be saved. If it's not saving your keys, it also should not save the NUS download list. Did you place the flies in a protected folder like Program Files? If so, try placing the flies on the desktop.
- I'll fix that in the next version.
- I was thinking about adding that, but I couldn't find space for the change language button. I'll try to add that in the next version.
- That would be tough, but I'll try! I've already added window state preservation to the next version!
- I can't fix that. It uses crediar's closed-source DiscU and CDecrypt programs for that.
- It doesn't monitor the CDecrypt output because it doesn't need to. Either way, it should open the output directory.
- I've already fixed the readme. As for the bad grammar in other languages in the readme, I used Google Translator.
- Which button?

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up