Gaming Using Nintendo TVii on a US Wii U in the UK - possible?

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, I have a US imported Wii U but live in the UK.

I wouldn't mind being able to use TVii (presumably for American TV only but I'm happy with whatever) but I don't know if it's possible, and if so... how? Can anyone help me out here? Would I need proxy settings or something either on the Wii U itself or my router?

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You'd need to use a proxy, but if you go down that route forget about TVii, it's not worth the effort. Any good proxy server with decent throughput will be a paid option. You could route everything that's happening in your network through the proxy (in this case, apply settings on the router), or just individual devices or software. But if you're going to pay for a US proxy server, just download a separate browser (e.g. Firefox) on your computer, apply the proxy settings only for that browser, and enjoy Hulu, Netflix, etc.

I wouldn't recommend applying proxy settings on your router. That would mean everything you do goes through the US, even when you're just reading emails, etc. It'd certainly slow your download speed as well.

Reactions: SG

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah, so in practical terms it's 'not really' then. OK, at least I know it's a lost cause, a small price to pay for having the convenience of a US machine!

Thanks a lot! :)

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, so in practical terms it's 'not really' then. OK, at least I know it's a lost cause, a small price to pay for having the convenience of a US machine!

Thanks a lot! :)

TVii is a useless feature. It doesn't actually show you any TV shows. It just lists shows really and allows you to talk about them. TVii would be kinda cool if it actually let you watch TV, like if it was a multi-client for Hulu, Netflix, Xfinity, HBO GO, and even a DLNA media client. Then I could watch all my stuff in the same app. But it doesn't do any of that, all it does is tell you which app you need, or change the channel on your TV for you, and let you post comments about the show. It's pretty useless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...