Use GameCube cheats with NeoGamma

Discussion in 'Wii - Tutorials & FAQs' started by FIX94, Nov 10, 2011.

Nov 10, 2011
    • Global Moderator

FIX94 Global Moderator

Message Count:
    Germany
    Hello, I just decided to make a guide today how to use GameCube cheats with NeoGamma. The advantage of NeoGamma is that you also can use them with backup discs.

Requirements:
    -Latest NeoGamma version
    -This package

Introduction:
    Get the cheats you want to use, for example here, the cheats from this site are already in ocarina format and you can use them directly ;) Just click on GCT, select the cheats you want and download the file, save it to "Neogamma/codes" or "codes". Then you can continue with Step 4. The problem is that they are not so many cheats on the site, most of them are in action replay format, for example from here or here. There are two formats of action replay codes, XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX, that's already decrypted, then you can continue with step 2, the other format is XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX, that's encrypted, you need to follow step 1.

Step 1:
    At first you need to start the "GCNcrypt.exe" to decrypt the code. Simply copy the code into the left box and click decrypt:
    [IMG]

Step 2:
    You now need to convert the decrypted action replay codes to ocarina. Start the "AR to WiiRD.jar", copy your code into the left box and click convert code types. If you decrypted the code with GCNcrypt you need to check the "Each code has a verifier line." checkbox, if the code already was decrypted leave it unchecked:
    [IMG]

Step 3:
    Now you got the ocarina code which we can use! Start the "codemanager.exe", click on "Add a code/comment/category", enter the code name, then add the code from step 2 into the code contents box, click store modifications and check the checkbox of the new code:
    [IMG]

Now you need to get the game ID of the game. Just boot the game in neogamma, it will show you the game ID while booting:
    [IMG]

Now click "Export to GCT" and enter the filename (in this case "GM4P01.gct"), save the file to "Neogamma/codes" or "codes".

Step 4:
    This is the easiest step. Make sure you got the latest neogamma, go into the neogamma "Ocarina/Wiird" option, set "GC Hook Type" to "VI", "GC 2nd Hook" to "= 1st hook" and "GC Ocarina" to "Yes". After this you should be able to play the gamecube game with your codes you want to use! If they doesn't work try another hook type.

That's it! Bye, have fun using codes :)

DJPlace BREAKING NEWS!! i don't give a ****!!

Message Count:
    United States
    this is nice. thanks for this.

Godson777 I have returned to GBAtemp!

Message Count:
    United States
    This is just what I needed! Thanks so much!

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Message Count:
    Japan
    Thanks. Very helpful.
    • Newcomer

Littlefighter19 New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    • Global Moderator

FIX94 Global Moderator

Message Count:
    Germany
    Thanks for the positive feedback, great to hear it does the job fine :)
    BTW I noticed that I can't use cheats from USB HDD for some reason, it just says no codes found.
    • Newcomer

KentaZX New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    can it work on retail discs too? or is it only on backup dvds? because ive added some codes and none of them will work, it saids the cheat codes found and appiled but they dont work... i tried all GC hooks too..

EDIT: NVM! i just had to install wiigator's CMIOS. it worked now, thanks for the help.

redfalcon GBATemp Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    Thanks, works like a charm. I just used it to unlock the for the casual gamer nearly unobtainable AX Courses in F-Zero GX :D I also had to install the cMIOS (I didn't use Neogamma before), maybe you can add that as a note in your guide.
    • Newcomer

HCK91 New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    I'm having major problems with Neogamma's cheat engine...Neither Gamecube mode or Wii mode seems to be working for me. I have the latest d2x CIOS with the recommended base, the latest cMIOS with MIOS-v10 as base, good ol' 3.2 System Menu.

I tried Super Smash Brothers Brawl off USB device with Neogamma set to VBI Hook type and Ocarina on. Green Screen is what I got.

I tried Super Smash Brothers Melee off DVD-R with Neogamma set to VI Hook type and ocarina on. Green Screen again.

Other launchers worked great with cheats, but Neogamma is not. And if it weren't for the GC ocarina, I'd probably throw it away. Anything I could try?
    • Global Moderator

FIX94 Global Moderator

Message Count:
    Germany
    You surely use the latest neogamma r9 beta56?
    • Newcomer

HCK91 New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    Yeah I do. I even tried older versions but nothing seems to work...I'll try other games but I don't think they're going to work either: I saw neogamma booting Brawl- mod before, so there is no reason it shouldn't work for me...
    • Newcomer

serge New Member

Message Count:
    Mexico
    awesome, researched this years ago and couldn't find a simple way to do it, with this i can finally get those otherwise impossible to get NES games from animal crossing, worked great, thanks a lot!
    • Newcomer

Cosmosis New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    Zelda Wind Waker is the name of the game, NTSC. PAL? i didnt know, so i switched video mode in options from PAL to NTSC, and it still worked. im trying to get cheats to work.

when i put the game into discex, and ran DML, it gave me the name GZE01 i believe, however when i run it in Neogamma, it says the game id is: RSPE01???
    when i enter the name in cheat manager i put RSPE01, i saved this is both:
    sd/codes
    sd/apps/Neogamma/codes
    sd/Neogamma

i used all hooks, nothing worked...
    should i try all video types with all hooks?
    the NTSC video modes do give me a green screen at first, then go to game menu
    but nothing says codes found, or applying atm
    very frustrated, wondering if Neogamma is even worth it

oh and btw, i am dloading a NTSC strictly iso of WW atm, because the codes I am using (from that Gecko site) are supposed to be NTSC, seeing if that makes a difference, if that does say game id is GZLE01, i know im on the right track right? man im lost
    plz help :bow:
    • Newcomer

cwjakesteel New Member

Message Count:
    Jamaica
    Sorry but this doesn't work for me. I got the AR codes from code junkies, decrypted them, then converted them to wiird with the box ticked and exported the gct file with all the codes I wanted used ticked.

But when I loaded the game, they are not active.

I am using mios v10 newest Gecko and I have tried all of Hook Types. GC Ocarina is yes. I also tried Neo Gamma

Also, I am using the original retail disc of Paper Mario TTYD.

Both loaders are set to 'internal'.
    • Global Moderator

FIX94 Global Moderator

Message Count:
    Germany
    GZLE01 is NTSC. So if you use NTSC codes you can use this one yep. Also for cheats as I said in the guide may try with and without that small "Each code has a verifier line" checkbox.
    Same for you, may try without this box tick.
    Also for you both, see if you can find the "master code" or "needs to be on", its mostly called like this, sometimes it is needed in order for codes to work.
    • Newcomer

cwjakesteel New Member

Message Count:
    Jamaica
    Okay, I will try without the box tick. I had the master code, but when I tick the box to say that there are verifier lines, it removes the master code entirely. (both lines of code). Thank you.
    • Newcomer

N1GHT5HAD3 New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I litterally just made an account to thank you I waned to do this for so long

great job ^.^

TudorBlue New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Interesting, think I will have a go at playing GC games on my wii. I need to look into this. Can I store them on the same hdd as my wii wbfs games?
    Last edited by TudorBlue, Feb 3, 2014
    • Newcomer

DireDrop New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I tried this but no good. It says that it finds the codes and applies them, but when the game actually boots the Wii either shuts off, freezes on a black screen, or loads the game normally without cheats. I'm trying to load cheats for SSBM. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Bimmel New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    The codes doesnt even show up when I look into USB Loader GX / Wii Flow or CFG USB Loader.. did everything as you said it. :mellow:

SPONSORED LINKS