Use GameCube cheats with Nintendont, DIOS-MIOS etc.

Discussion in 'Wii - Tutorials' started by FIX94, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    native control should affect only the controller. you can still use memory card emulation.
    it's been a long time I didn't use nintendont, so I'm maybe wrong, but it should be explained in nintendont first post (I detailed what native control allowed and affected when I wrote that guide)

Procyon likes this.
  2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Native controls and memory card emulation are separate so you can use either without affecting the other. The only disadvantage to native controls is you can't use a button combination to return to your loader, you have to power down the console and restart it.

Native Control Off is a patch that intercepts the gamepad polls and lets you use USB/BT controllers. Leaving it off makes the game use the standard GC ports on a Wii.

Last edited by GreyWolf, Dec 14, 2016
    Procyon likes this.
  3. Procyon

Procyon TheRealProcyon

Dec 13, 2014
    Netherlands
    /home/procyon
    Awesome, I couldn't order the cable yet, but I'll do when I can. I really enjoy this application.

4. Thisispow

Thisispow Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2017
    Hey thanks for the guide but I need some help with the Game ID.
    This game's ID is not in the Gecko games list which is why I am the ar code to gecko.
    Is there a way to know the game's ID?

Last edited by Thisispow, Jan 8, 2017
  5. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Open the game disc with a hex editor. The game ID is the first 6 characters on the disc.

6. Portal2player56

Portal2player56 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    i am trying to get codes for pm:TTYD and Luigi's mansion to work but here are my problems i am experiencing atm:
    1. Pm:ttyd hasn't been covered by gecko yet so i can't get the list automatically from usbloader.
    2. even if it was for some reason when i try to use codes for luigi's mansion and set ocarina to on and cheats and everything needed for the cheats to work on,i load the game and nothing happens.no notification,no changes to the game whatsoever.
    3.ar to wiird.jar seems to not be located in the files from the package.
    4.when i try to use already decrypted codes ready for use by ocarina/nintendon't/ectra,same outcome happens as #2,nothing happens.
    help? (i even have nintendon't up to latest version and all the required files and in the right folders and pathways too.)

Last edited by Portal2player56, Mar 30, 2017
  7. ProfessorCreepypasta

ProfessorCreepypasta Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2017
    United States
    How do I use the codes with Nintendont? I looked up tutorials but nothing's working.

8. Nokia9000000000000

Nokia9000000000000 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2017
    United States
    Weed, CA
    Help! I am confused! My pc crashes!