Misc Use Flashcart to fix firmware?

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My friend has a totally unmodded New 3DS XL. She has a blue screen bootrom error code when booting up the 3DS. I know there's a good chance something hardware wise has failed but I was wondering if I can use my NTRBoot flash cart to somehow write clean system software to it and see if that fixes it.

I'll Google it too but hoping someone with experience is around. I've seen some stuff about CTRTransfer so will look into that first.

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230408-153924.png
    Screenshot_20230408-153924.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 25

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wasn't sure if the exact code was relevant but here you go. :)
What the…??? :cry:
How did that even happen?? Reminds me of this thread.
  1. Prepare a flashcart with ntrboothax (or obtain a preflashed one)
  2. Try normal B9S installation as an attempt to fix FIRM0/FIRM1https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)
There are further possibilities if this fails. In that case ntrboot into GodMode9, so we can try different things.

Edit:
====
Leave the console on the blue screen for some time for the case this is some kind of prank/splash screen.

Reactions: Dave_Chad

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What the…??? :cry:
How did that even happen?? Reminds me of this thread.
  1. Prepare a flashcart with ntrboothax (or obtain a preflashed one)
  2. Try normal B9S installation as an attempt to fix FIRM0/FIRM1https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)
There are further possibilities if this fails. In that case ntrboot into GodMode9, so we can try different things.
I have a flash cart I've been using to mod them for years now. I want to try and save the 3DS but keep it as factory stock as possible as she's a collector and not into modded stuff. If I install B9S would it not then be modified to a degree? I guess she will just be happy it's working though.

I can test and see how far I can get at least. When she drops it off later tonight.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What's the best method to do this?
https://3ds.hacks.guide

I have a flash cart I've been using to mod them for years now. I want to try and save the 3DS but keep it as factory stock as possible as she's a collector and not into modded stuff. If I install B9S would it not then be modified to a degree? I guess she will just be happy it's working though.

I can test and see how far I can get at least. When she drops it off later tonight.
What flash card are you using?

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

This one.

EDIT: It doesn't want to boot into SafeB9SInstaller at all.

Post automatically merged:

Also the start of the error code changes when you use the magnet in the right spot. It just doesn't boot into the b9sinstaller. The cart definitely works as I've been using it for years to mod consoles.

Changes to this.

Attachments

• PXL_20230408_192430751.jpg
    PXL_20230408_192430751.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20230408_202718527.jpg
    PXL_20230408_202718527.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 20
Last edited by Dave_Chad,

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This one.

EDIT: It doesn't want to boot into SafeB9SInstaller at all.

Also the start of the error code changes when you use the magnet in the right spot. It just doesn't boot into the b9sinstaller. The cart definitely works as I've been using it for years to mod consoles.

Changes to this.

Hi, I'm not sure if it will work but have you tried flashing the godmode ntr firm to your flashcart and seeing if that will boot?

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't tried that actually. I don't even own a 3DS anymore myself as I didn't bother much with it but probably could do with owning one now 😂

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...