• Views 7,181,351
  • Replies 29,367
  • Likes 48

Hezkore

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
The settings seem fine to me. (I don't know what's installed in your slots 249 and 250, but I suppose it's the common things, d2x base56/57).
OnSlaught is maybe not working on EmuNAND and require neek2o mode? (which is not implemented yet in USBGX).
This is more strange for FF3, this one should work.
Could you try with a clean dump? (I don't know when you created yours, or if you created it from scratch or extracted it from your console, but if you used the internal wad installer with an old revision (<1208) then the EmuNAND could be corrupted.

I played Cave Story with 1218 and it worked fine. I didn't test FF3 though.
Right you are, common stuff.
slot 249: d2x-v10-beta52-vWii base 56
slot 250: d2x-v10-beta52-vWii base 57

Both Onslaught and FF3 (and everything else I've got for that matter) have been installed very recently via USB Loader GX 1217's "Install WAD to EmuNand" Feature.
My Configurable USB Loader and USB Loader GX use the same EmuNand.

A lot of games freeze my console with a black screen though, not just those two games.
I haven't tested all of them via Configurable USB Loader yet, but the few I have tested have worked with Configurable USB Loader while sadly freezing in USB Loader GX.

Some N64 games also freeze at the "Please use the classic controller" (or whatever it says) screen, while some work.
For example, Yoshi's Island N64 does not freeze at that screen, but Paper Mario N64 freezes every time, even if my the controller is plugged in BEFORE starting the game! (official Nintendo Classic Controller Pro)

Oh and while we're at it... Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth has a weird problem...
It stays at a black screen forever, but doesn't freeze! Instead I can hit HOME and back out of the game without any problems.
Unlike all the other black screen issues where I can't do anything and have to pull the power cord.
But I think I read somewhere that Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth has known issues with USB Loader GX.

Some games also freeze after the game has started.
2 Fast 4 Gnomz freeze at the game loading screen after selecting a level to play.

I really really prefer USB Loader GX over all other loaders, so I really want to get this working as well as possible. :)

Btw. a little bug I've found.
If you uninstall games via USB Loader GX, it doesn't add anything to Free Space, you have to restart USB Loader GX for it to recalculate Free Space.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the precisions.
I don't know what's wrong, nor how to debug this problem :/

For Castlevania, you need to launch it in neek environement (sneek/uneek/neek2o). I'll add it to USBLoaderGX when I have time to work on it.

Thanks for the size bug, I'll see if I can fix it too. I have to work on sizes soon (SD card free space, Gamecube game size with dual disc, etc.).

Hezkore

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't been able to get Castlevania working in any other loader either.

Is there any way I can help solve these issues?
I have a few Wii consoles and a Wii U.
A HDD with about 600 Wii and WiiWare games loaded into it.
Maybe I could run some debug build that outputs loads of information, then run a bunch of games to see what happens and eventually post it here?

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides using the built-in wad installer, is there a recommended way to do batch installs while staying compliant with the fat conversion characters?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not 100% sure as I don't have many games, but I think files with non compliant FAT character are only savegames, so installing a batch of WADs using ShowMiiWads is perfectly fine.
The problem would be backing/restoring saves with ShowMiiNands and/or SavegameManagerGX.

Hezkore : Castlevania is not working in wiiflow+neek2o mode? (I remember playing it in sneek so it's working in *neek)
there's no ready to display debug output in the code, I'll need to add them.
I think the best way to debug this would be to debug d2x and not loaders. All games are launched the same way, if some games don't work it's probably something to do with the EmuNAND.
You can enable debug output in d2x (and recompile), but you will need an USBGecko to read them. All commands are logged but it's not always useful either.

N64 requires cIOS rev17 and rev19 (base 38 or 36?)

Edit:
There's maybe a way to semi-fix Castlevania (until neek2o support):
- install the game on EmuNAND and RealNAND.
- use EmuNAND Channel mode : Partial
- List only EmuNAND Sources
It will list only EmuNAND games (so Castlevania is displayed), but when launched it will use the data on real NAND and saves on EmuNAND.

or just install on read NAND, list real NAND and set "EmuNAND Save" to Partial.

I thought the Partial option for "EmuNAND Channel" wasn't really useful for users and intend to remove that setting completely.
Using Partial for EmuNAND Channels is not a good name as it's actually not using the channel installed on EmuNAND and users who don't have the same game on realNAND wouldn't understand why it's not working.
Maybe these settings would even require a name change (but a lot of users/guides/tutorial may be outdated if I change these setting's names).

Any users are using "EmuNAND Channel: Partial" setting ?
I want to delete it to prevent configuration problems.
I don't know where to ask/make a poll for the user base.

Edit 2:

r1219
Done:
* Added Nintendont svn support
* Added Nintendont USB support (put loaderusb.dol or bootusb.dol in nintendont path)
* Added a check for kenobi file presence when using Ocarina with DM/DML/NIN.
* Added support for nintendont "loader.dol", "loaderusb.dol" and "bootusb.dol" filename.
* Set priority to cIOS instead of "IOS58 + AHB access" at launch if no argument is set in meta.xml.
* Added an option to choose if HDD should be mounted on Loader's launch
* Fixed a crash issue when mounting HDD for the first time in HDD menu and using WBFS partitions.

not started yet / Maybe for later revisions:
- Rename some menus/options (Loader's menu renaming and harmonization - part2)
- remove individual GC Video settings, merge them into DML video settings
- Remove Partial EmuNAND Channel setting (always use Full EmuNAND if launching a channel installed on EmuNAND)
- Remove Error2 setting (always set to ANTI is good).

Reactions: Magnus87

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Any users are using "EmuNAND Channel: Partial" setting ?
I use "Full" since it comes like that by default and I'm not really sure about the difference between full and partial.

Cyan, shouldn't the option "Error 002 fix" be removed from the options page? It feels like a too old option...

*About Castlevania: I think all the Rebirth games by Konami have to be launched from Real Nand or under xneek (Castlevania, Contra and Gradius)

goldfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello
Wonder if someone could help me! I'm desperate.
I've got 3.3e soft modded wii (using the twilight hack).
I was using USB loader gx on ios 249. I have recently downloaded just dance 2014 and keep getting a black screen. I thought my ios was outdated so i changed the settings to ios250 and force ntsc. This didn't fix the problem and now my USB loadergx is not loading- keep getting a black screen.

I want to now update usb loader and install the new ios. But I'm worried it will brick my wii as the firmware is 3.3e.

Please can someone help me :(

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you don't know a lot about softmod, you can use modmii to update your softmod without problem, it will also update your Wii system menu version.

If you know what you are doing, you can only update your cIOS in slot249 and 250 using d2x cIOS installer. (you can stay at 3.3 without problem, I'm at 3.2 but I never go to system menu so I don't care).

Then you can also update USBGX by downloading the latest release from here. (replace your boot.dol on SD using the boot.dol located in the /ios249/ folder of the downloaded archive, then launch from HBC or forwarder).

shiranui :
Yes, using ANTI should be fine and users shouldn't disable it. it's there only for historical purpose (guides telling to use it, etc.) but I can remove the setting.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And on the subject of emunand, DLC will not work for wiiware that uses it. I haven't tried installing to real nand, verifying the dlc and copying all the files/saves to emunand but I'm not sure it would work (DLC does work on real nand though).

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
And on the subject of emunand, DLC will not work for wiiware that uses it. I haven't tried installing to real nand, verifying the dlc and copying all the files/saves to emunand but I'm not sure it would work (DLC does work on real nand though).
The DLC for FFIV: The After Years does work from emunand, the PAL version at least.

goldfish

Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't know a lot about softmod, you can use modmii to update your softmod without problem, it will also update your Wii system menu version.

If you know what you are doing, you can only update your cIOS in slot249 and 250 using d2x cIOS installer. (you can stay at 3.3 without problem, I'm at 3.2 but I never go to system menu so I don't care).

Then you can also update USBGX by downloading the latest release from here. (replace your boot.dol on SD using the boot.dol located in the /ios249/ folder of the downloaded archive, then launch from HBC or forwarder).

shiranui :
Yes, using ANTI should be fine and users shouldn't disable it. it's there only for historical purpose (guides telling to use it, etc.) but I can remove the setting.

Thanks for the advice. I will be using modmii to update my wii.
I've been following the very helpful guide, but I just had a question. As my wii has already been softmodded, the guide states:

"if this Wii was previously modified, and it has either the HBC, BootMii as Boot2, or a Forwarder Channel installed, you can use that instead of an exploit."

I have HBC. When I transfer the "copy to SD folder" am I supposed to be wiping the current folders such as "apps" on my SD card?

Thanks a lot!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can keep your existing apps folder, but it's maybe easier to rename it to prevent mixing new applications with old ones, this way you really know which application you need to launch to follow the modmii guide.
After successful installation (a batch of wads to install), you can delete the apps folder and restore/rename your previous one.

I think modmii is also installing a multi-usbloader forwarder channel, if you don't need it you can delete the "usbloader.wad" (or a similar name) from the wad folder before installing all the wads.

I don't know which MIOS it's installing.
I recommend installing MIOS v10 and BCv6 only (the official ones). You can always install other MIOS manually later, when you'll want to play gamecube games from backups instead of discs.

goldfish

Trophies
XP
Country
you can keep your existing apps folder, but it's maybe easier to rename it to prevent mixing new applications with old ones, this way you really know which application you need to launch to follow the modmii guide.
After successful installation (a batch of wads to install), you can delete the apps folder and restore/rename your previous one.

I think modmii is also installing a multi-usbloader forwarder channel, if you don't need it you can delete the "usbloader.wad" (or a similar name) from the wad folder before installing all the wads.

I don't know which MIOS it's installing.
I recommend installing MIOS v10 and BCv6 only (the official ones). You can always install other MIOS manually later, when you'll want to play gamecube games from backups instead of discs.

Thanks so much for your help.
I tried using IOS236 installer and it won't work as my HBC is too old. I tried running the hack mii to reinstall/update my HBC but it has frozen on the scam page. I then connected to my wifi to update my HBC on the actual channel and it went to 99% and then gave me a black screen with loads of writing.
Whats the easiest way to update my HBC and then install IOS236?

Sorry for all the questions :/

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cannot get codes to work for nintendo games.

Nintendo Like NES? On Virtual Console?
Um. It might be an issue with the codes themselves actually. I've had trouble in the past with VC games and codes back before I got into USB Loading. I just ended up using actual game genie codes with FCEUGX.

If it works with GeckoOS with the channel installed on the NAND, i don't know though. What game are you trying to do?

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ya the virtual console game codes. they do not work, however if i use postloader, no problem. they work both on my real nand and emunand. it sucks because i would like to use usbloadergx for both my codes and launching games. i have to manipulate the codes with usblgx and then launch them from postloader. long way around and it sucks.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The mentioned games with dlc work flawelessly.
You have to install it the proper way.
You cannot enter the shop from emunand so you have to install them beforebstarting your game.
You can use showmiiwads and or usb loader gx 's wad installer.
Make sure you have the right files.
There no problem concerning dlc from emu nand.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
look in the Loader's settings, there are two launching methods for channels : official (launching the channel using an apploader) and booting the channel's dol directly.
Cheatcode works with the setting "Channel Boot : content".
Though, cheatcodes don't work with EmuNAND (I don't know how to fix this issue yet, but I hope to fix it someday).

goldfish:
try installing IOS58 first (you are probably still using HBC with IOS36).
Use a wad manager, if asked which IOS to use you can select 249 if you don't have 236. Then install IOS58.
Or, use the IOS58_installer homebrew : http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS58_Installer

Then launch hackmii installer from HBC again and it should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi