• Replies 29,363
  • Likes 48

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well like I said, it's fairly easy to just write up some cheat code files for use with emulators.

As for gecko codes and emunand, Maybe all the EmuNAND calls and stuff are allocated in memory where gecko codes are? I can only make educated guesses, but thats why enabling hooks on smash bros. mod iso's disables the iso's inbuilt code handler.

Reactions: DEFIANT

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
look in the Loader's settings, there are two launching methods for channels : official (launching the channel using an apploader) and booting the channel's dol directly.
Cheatcode works with the setting "Channel Boot : content".
Though, cheatcodes don't work with EmuNAND (I don't know how to fix this issue yet, but I hope to fix it someday).
Got it working on my neek20 nand in neek20. changed the setting like you said and it seems all is good in the world, so far. now is there a way to have 2 different settings for usblgx, one for neek20 and one for real nand? the changed setting carries over to my real nand when i run usblgx.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't understand what you are talking about neek2o.
There's no way to have 2 different settings "one for neek2o" and one for "RealNAND" as USBLoaderGX doesn't have any option to support neek2o mode.

There's a setting for "EmuNAND" and one for "RealNAND".
EmuNAND can be accessed in two different way : cIOS or neek
USBLoaderGX only supports cIOS mode for the moment.

You mean that the "channel launching" method affects both EmuNAND and RealNAND ? Does it create any problem ?

DEFIANT

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i have sneek or neek20 ready to run under bootmii in the homebrew channel. so instead of bootmii launching, it launches sneek(neek20). After this im in my emunand and from here i run usbloadergx. once im in usbloadergx, i then play my vc or wiiware channels. this all happens in sneek not on the real nand.

ive been out of the loop for a while and im not sure how everyone is running sneek/neek20 but this is how i did it when it first came about. Actually in the emunand itself not running stuff off of it in the real wii/nand.

RyanVashEngstrom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Just had a quick question for everyone is it possible to play Wii games off of the SD card with usbloader GX? I know it is possible with other loaders but I prefer this one :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you run neek2o or sneek, do not launch USBLoaderGX. Just select the channel from the emulated System menu, like any official channels.
The loader is not intended to be run in an emulated environment (neek or dolphin).
instead, there's a "EmuNAND" feature directly inside the loader. it lists your installed channels in your EmuNAND and you can launch them directly from the USBLoaderGX in real NAND mode. 95% of the channels are working this way, and you don't need to boot into neek mode.

I guess you use this method to boot channels as if they were on "real NAND" (but in fact it's the neek'ed nand) to allow cheat codes?

Ryan: It's not possible for the moment.
I didn't check how to add support to SD, but if it's easy I'll add it.

DEFIANT

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I guess you use this method to boot channels as if they were on "real NAND" (but in fact it's the neek'ed nand) to allow cheat codes?
correct. i can get 100% compatibility and cheats to work since i switced to "Channel Boot : content". ive had zero problems with creating and using cheats on my vc/ww.

now if i could get sneek/neek20 to auto boot into usbloadergx that would be awesome.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This is a small thing, but is it possible to configure the homebrew browser within USB Loader GX to only display homebrew with .dol files specifically named boot.dol?

Current behaviour seems to display all homebrew with a .dol extension regardless of the name of the file, which causes havoc with RetroArch which has multiple .dol files (one for each of its many cores). The result is multiple listings for RetroArch in the homebrew browser, which looks very untidy.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
This is a small thing, but is it possible to configure the homebrew browser within USB Loader GX to only display homebrew with .dol files specifically named boot.dol?

Current behaviour seems to display all homebrew with a .dol extension regardless of the name of the file, which causes havoc with RetroArch which has multiple .dol files (one for each of its many cores). The result is multiple listings for RetroArch in the homebrew browser, which looks very untidy.

I second this request :P

DEFIANT

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

I second this request :P
i third this request

Reactions: Maxternal

DEFIANT

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the fix, I guess I missed that post.
Will be in r1203.

About the titles.txt, I remember it was supported on the first releases, I don't know if the code was removed but I can add it back.
I will have to work on the game's titles after v3.1
The Wiitdb renaming function is not used for channels (not loaded at that time so parental level are ignored) and it randomly doesn't rename games at loader's launch, I don't know why yet.

Most users didn't notice it as they already use the correct game name in the folder's path, but users on wbfs or using wrong path name will notice it.

User's renamed games should already work, you can rename them directly inside the loader and the titles are stored in the Title Cache config file.
Though, I noticed the cache is sometime buggy and is not used correctly :(
Another thing I'll have to check when working on the Title's renaming.

I'm now alone for the loader so it's not progressing as fast as I would like (and I'm often procrastinating and playing too :rolleyes: )

SuperrSonic:
Thanks for reporting devolution not working on r1202 either
But could you confirm which revision broke it?

and will you be available for some tests?

Why nobody reported it? maybe nobody use devolution from this loader anymore? (hey, I can remove it! :ph34r: )
i know your very busy but id like to request titles.txt be re-added as it was very easy to use and setup. i need for gamecube and virtual console/wiiware.

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cyan
hello! please cyan can u change (on settings per games) the word "default configurations" with the RIGHT config and add the <b> to the letters or add *?
Every games have too much different CONFIG, and every time i not remember how default config i have do.
(sorry for my engrish)
now GX have some like this :

video MODE Use global
Dol video Patch Use global
Sneek video path Use global
use global
use global

For my opinion better is:
video mode PAL or PAL or *PAL* (some can recognize is the USEGLOBAL but i can see what settings are....)

that is good because some games and wiiware needs 3 or 4 different combination...

Other my idea is that:(probably usefull)
a list of CIOS installed for have rapid LIST of what cios[base] i have on nand....

Thank u CYAN for hard work around loader!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I added your requests to my request list. It doesn't mean I'll do it, but I'll keep that in mind for future updates.
Maybe I should add them to googlecode to keep tracks of them.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi Cyan,
Question, there's a limit size for .gct code? I did several test and no matter what .gct over 3.31kb doesn't work, the game boot just fine but completely ignores the code, due Smash Brawl hacks are gigantic 3.31kb size seems not enough. Maybe there's no size limit and some code is screwing the things up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-