• Replies 29,370
  • Likes 48

superkrups20056

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can edit the GXGlobal.cfg in a text editor to replace all sd:/ occurences to usb1:/
indeed, that was easy lol

See I tried that and it didn't work the last time i checked. I'll try it again and see what happens. Besides the paths that ask specifically for the SD path (like SD Gamecube game path, etc.) USB Loader GX will function perfectly if I change the rest of the values to usb1:// right????

*I boot the dol file from the apps folder on the same usb hard drive all the GameCube and wii games are located.

thanks!

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
A quick question: what do i have to do, to get the rest of the emunand games (those that are from the assist emunand on the root of the USB and require ios slot 240 rev17 or 249 rev19, like N64 or Neo Geo VC) to work from the root of the SD card? Currently they do not work, contrary to the rest of the emunand games that now successfully boot from SD, as mentioned above (thanks to awesome Cyan's help)​

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you are using only one EmuNAND, put it on the root.
it works with either old cIOS or newer cIOS.

* If you are using two different EmuNAND path (because you prefer subfolders?), you need to install problematic channels twice :
1- on the EmuNAND located on the root of the SD card (will contains only the problematic channels)
2- on the emuNAND located elsewhere (will contains ALL your games)

* Set the second EmuNAND by default in the user path.
It will list ALL your games (working and non working channels)

* Open the non working channel's individual settings
Game settings > IOS > select the slot with cIOS rev17 or 19
Game settings > EmuNAND path > Root of SD card.
Save

* Launch the game
It will reload to the correct cIOS, and use the EmuNAND located on the root (even if the one you saw in the loader was the other one).

Reactions: nakata6790

Mikesahhh

Mikes
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I Just tried out USB Loader GX r1216 for the 'DEVO: Added Direct Mapping Buttons setting (Devo r200+)' feature which works great, and dunno if its been mentioned but for me anyway I think its made all the font bigger which makes it almost overlap with some of the borders and icons and just doesnt look as nice as the 3.0 version I was using before

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe you were using custom fonts, and now it's using System font?
go into the settings > GUI settings
Check near the bottom, Font: System <-> Custom

Custom font looks a little bolder, but has more characters (like Okami is correctly written)
System font is the official font used by the Wii, it looks nicer but is bigger.

If you use System font, you need to set the Font ratio to 0.8 (a little above in the GUI settings).

it should set it automatically, but sometime it fails to do it.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If you are using only one EmuNAND, put it on the root.
it works with either old cIOS or newer cIOS.

* If you are using two different EmuNAND path (because you prefer subfolders?), you need to install problematic channels twice :
1- on the EmuNAND located on the root of the SD card (will contains only the problematic channels)
2- on the emuNAND located elsewhere (will contains ALL your games)

* Set the second EmuNAND by default in the user path.
It will list ALL your games (working and non working channels)

* Open the non working channel's individual settings
Game settings > IOS > select the slot with cIOS rev17 or 19
Game settings > EmuNAND path > Root of SD card.
Save

* Launch the game
It will reload to the correct cIOS, and use the EmuNAND located on the root (even if the one you saw in the loader was the other one).

Dear Cyan, thank you once again and i appreciate the quick reply. However, - and i am sorry i wasn't clear about this, english is not my native language - this is exactly what i do right now.
I have 1 main emunand (6+ GB, ~350 games) that is the USBLGX's default emunand and emunand channel source (path options set in settings). This was previously on usb1:/nand folder, now it is on sd:/nand folder. After you advice, every game works from sd/nand using ios slots 244,250 or 251.
All good so far :).

Besides the above main emunand, i also had 1 secondary emunand (1,3GB, ~50 games) on the root of the usb, for games like Motoheroz, MDK2, N64 VC, Neo Geo VC, etc. Those games were already installled in the main emunand (i.e. sd:/nand) btw. Next, I edited each of those games settings seperately to use ios slots 240 or 249 and use the path usb1:/ as nand source. Again, they all work great.

The question i have is this: the secondary nand is the one i attempted to tranfer to the root of the SD, and use it as is (i.e games now use the sd:/ path as emunand and slots 240 or 249). However the games now do not work, contrary to before (that the assist emunand path was usb1:/)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
so SD root is not working with rev17 and rev19[38], but USB root works fine with rev17 and rev19[38]?

I tested only d2x on SD root.
I'll have to test with rev17

Edit:
I tested and it didn't work with rev17. That's strange.
I'll check what's wrong.

Edit2:
I tested with r1208 (the one which added back support for rev17), and it didn't work either.
Maybe it never worked, but nobody reported it yet?

edit3:
If I have only SD connected, it doesn't work.
If I have both Sd and USB connected, it works.
I don't have the EmuNAND on USB so it's not loading from here, it's only because of the USB presence.

Do you have your USB drive connected?

Maybe it's an issue with rev17? I should test with another loader, like triiforce.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Do you have your USB drive connected?
Maybe it's an issue with rev17? I should test with another loader, like triiforce.

I tried again today, same result. I use USBLGX r1209 and for the emunand located in sd:/, it shows up in GX menu (i.e. the games installed there show up fine) but does not play (i.e. the games blackscreen upon boot), whether USB is connected in port 0 of the Wii, or not.
So i guess it is a rev17 or rev 19 issue.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello :)

Maybe you are displaying both channels installed on Wii and channels installed on emuNAND?
If it's the issue, it's easy to disable the Wii channels (you shouldn't have a lot, as Wii memory is limited).

If you don't want to disable one of the sources (Wii or EmuNAND), I don't think there's a way to hide only one channel, unless you delete it.
The current category/favorite filtering system is only based on the TitleID, so if you add a channel to a hidden category or set a favorite star, both locations will be affected.

Maybe I could add an option to set priority to either Wii or emuNAND on duplicated games (like it's done for gamecube games with SD and USB)

If you have only one source (Channel on Wii, or EmuNAND), I don't know why you have VC titles displaying twice.
Only VC, not wiiware?
All VC, not only some of them?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can update to 1218 if you want, you can always update later (just a file to replace).
current 1219 status shouldn't change (I won't add new things), so it should be release soon.

r1219 Released! - look for next revision
Done:
* Set priority to cIOS instead of "IOS58 + AHB access" at launch if no argument is set in meta.xml.
* Added an option to choose if HDD should be mounted on Loader's launch
* Fixed installing games on NTFS if SD Card is inserted (Thanks Dimok)
* Fixed a crash issue when plugging HDD after launch and mounting HDD for the first time in HDD menu while using WBFS partitions.
* Updated Gamecube custom banner's default URL.
* Added support for 302 Redirect HTTP error code.

Nintendont :
* Removed SRAM patch (wasn't affecting games)
* Added Nintendont svn support.
* Added Nintendont USB support
* Added a check for kenobi file presence when using Ocarina with DM/DML/NIN.
* Added support for nintendont "loader.dol"

Working on:
- Fixing Geckocode downloads.

not started yet / Maybe for later revisions:
- Rename some menus/options (Loader's menu renaming and harmonization - part2)
- remove individual GC Video settings, merge them into DML video settings
- Remove Partial EmuNAND Channel setting (always use Full EmuNAND if launching a channel installed on EmuNAND)
- Remove Error2 setting (always set to ANTI is good).

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
hello :)

Maybe you are displaying both channels installed on Wii and channels installed on emuNAND?
If it's the issue, it's easy to disable the Wii channels (you shouldn't have a lot, as Wii memory is limited).

If you don't want to disable one of the sources (Wii or EmuNAND), I don't think there's a way to hide only one channel, unless you delete it.
The current category/favorite filtering system is only based on the TitleID, so if you add a channel to a hidden category or set a favorite star, both locations will be affected.

Maybe I could add an option to set priority to either Wii or emuNAND on duplicated games (like it's done for gamecube games with SD and USB)

If you have only one source (Channel on Wii, or EmuNAND), I don't know why you have VC titles displaying twice.
Only VC, not wiiware?
All VC, not only some of them?
I suspect it probably is what you said, that it is showing channels intalled on both Wii and EmuNAND. The only titles showing up twice are VC titles, except for ones I've bought very recently.
(Can't say about Wiiware, I don't have any of those.)
How do I disable one of the sources?

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan, why remove "individual GC Video settings" option for DM/L? Some games won't boot unless the Video Mode is changed from Auto to None (mostly Ubisoft games), so it is a good idea to be able to configure each game individually, I think.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
nintendont now supports USB?
Sorry, I didn't follow development this past few days.
I'll add it then.
I currently disabled USB, but it will be fast to enable it back.

Cyan, why remove "individual GC Video settings" option for DM/L? Some games won't boot unless the Video Mode is changed from Auto to None (mostly Ubisoft games), so it is a good idea to be able to configure each game individually, I think.
You misunderstood what I want to do.

Currently:
* Video: Game region / Console region / Region patch / Force PAL50 / Force PAL60 / Force PAL480p / Force NTSC480i / Force NTSC480p
* DML Video : Auto / None / Use one of the above

I want to change it to:
* DML Video: Auto / None / Game region / Console region / Force PAL50 / Force PAL60 / Force PAL480p / Force NTSC480i / Force NTSC480p

The "Video" option is not used at all by other gamecube method (devolution doesn't use it, Official Disc launching doesn't use it either), so there's no need of two different "lines" in the game options, only DM(L) use it so I'll merge all of them in a single setting for DML. "Region patch" is not even used by DML, so there will be less options to select.

How do I disable one of the sources?
It's the 4th icon in the top menu.
You can disable Channels installed on Wii. enable/Use the channels installed on Wii only for games which don't work on emuNAND. (or disable emuNAND if you prefer playing your bought channels installed on Wii).

Reactions: jahad

MrKill

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are we going to have a fix for the issue with the "Force 4:3" that does nothing? One of My TV does not have an option to correct the image itself.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know, and I'm more certain it's no than yes.
I'll take a look when I can, but I don't promise anything. if it's a setting issue in the loader, I can fix it, but if it's a patching issue in the console I don't think I can do anything about it.
Dimok and Giantpune did the initial reverse engineering in ASM to create this patch, but I don't know how to do it myself.

Reactions: jahad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer