Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
do you have multiple partitions?
in USBLoaderGX, Go to Settings > HDD Settings > click on the first item in the list to select the partition which holds your Wii games.

If it's FAT32 or NTFS, you need to place games in the /wbfs/ folder (and usually in a subfolder named after the game's title and the game's ID).
The folder should be fine if you are using Wii Backup Manager.

I don't know what laggy and weird would mean for you so I don't know how to fix this problem.
be sure your SD card is not write protected.

NapalmOmega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All my folders are fine and i use wii backup loader
GX does not detect any games on my hard drive nor can I backup my games. GX loads my HDD and shows the GB being used which are my games. Its like content cannot be passed through my hard drive for some reason. Its a 500 GB Passport. I was thinking maybe it had something to do with how some HDD have sleep modes. In that way the HDD won't be able to send and receive information.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
d2x cIOS has a sleep mode protection, so it's not the issue.
to me, it's a setting issue in the loader, as you come from an old version which used a different Setting file, you could have a very bad mixed settings.

Be sure to select the correct sources in the 4th icon in the top bar.
You can choose to select Wii games, GameCube games, Channel, EmuNAND.

There's also a category filtering option, which if not set up correctly can hide all your games.
Click on the desk-like icon in the top bar, and be sure the "All" is checked.

there are also parental settings which could hide games.

The easiest solution is to delete the .cfg and .bin files in the SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/ folder to do a fresh install, or go to Settings > Reset settings.

TheBroCode

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you Cyan! I changed the start-up image and it works fine.

But I forgot that my Wii boots the forwarder channel for USBLoaderGX on start-up so I had to change that one as well. I managed to change the images but it was a bit more complicated because it has fade ins and outs (I think). Then things started not working after I would compile them so I gave up lol

I'll probably go back to how it was but it was a fun experiment :P

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's how I started coding too :)
check things, try and see the result. (except it was on BASIC 20 years ago :lol:)

Don't be afraid to test, as long as you don't mess with the forwarder's banner, it won't brick your wii. At worse, you'll get a code dump if your code is wrong.
just test your forwarder dol on HBC before injecting it to your channel to prevent being stuck on code dump on boot.

Non-Epic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, recently I tried to change the cIOS that USB Loader uses, and now its stuck on start up on "Reloading into IOS 250 R2100" so IOS 250 Rev 2100 I assume.

I reinstalled the channel and data but to no avail. Help is much appreciated

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can set it back to 249 by editing the GXGlobal.cfg file in the loader's folder.
Open it in a text editor (notepad), and search mention of "250", replace with "249".

It's strange that using d2x on slot 250 didn't work. Do you know which version of d2x you are using ? v8, v10, v10-alt, older?
"R2100" is not the full version.
r21 means it's based on cIOS revision 21
000 means the d2x version (00 is not a valid version)

21008 = d2x v8
21010 = d2x v10

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
v8 is fine. (and v10 is a modified v8 with more hdd supported. If your hdd works then you don't need to update).

Did you try setting the IOS back to 249 in the cfg to see if it fixed your problem?

Non-Epic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is a part in the cfg file that said cios=250 and I changed that to 249. Also, there is a part in the meta xml that says an argument is ios= 250. Should I change that?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the argument in the meta.xml is used by the loader to force a cIOS slot at launch.
by default, it reloads to the IOS249 or 250 or 222 (it depends the version of the boot.dol you are placing on your SD card from the 7z archive).
If you want to force 251 for example, as it's not a version provided in the 7z, you can use meta.xml to tell usbGX to reload to 251 before trying to mount SD/HDD to read the settings.
Once the settings are loaded, it reload to the IOS set in the settings if different than the current one.

in r1218, I changed that behavior and set priority to IOS58+AHB_acces.
if you have the <no_ios_reload/> or the <ahb_access/> tag in the meta.xml, it will use the HBC's current IOS to try to mount SD/HDD.
Maybe IOS58 is not working fine for you, or maybe your HBC is not using IOS58, which results in impossibility to detect the devices and load the settings.

In next revisions I will revert the default behavior to use built in cIOS in the boot.dol, but still allow users to choose IOS58 in meta.xml if they want to use it.

Non-Epic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess I didn't need to change the arguments, because it's working now. Thanks so much! :D

I also notice you're saying both IOS58 and IOS 249/250/222 load. What does this mean? They do different things?

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Damn, i just found out something new. There's no support for emuNAND (and emuNAND channels) located in the SDHC? Or am i dong something wrong here?

I noticed it speeds up the booting process noticeably, but then the games don't work...

Millertime2325

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm having a little bit of an issue, but let me preface this by saying that I'm really new to this.. I used to have a modded wii like 5 years ago but I've been out of the loop for a while. IOS is a completely new concept to me, so stick with me.

Anyway, I am trying to set up GX here, and it was working fine on my flash drive with WBFS, but I wanted to use FAT32. That's where the problems started happening. GX wouldn't recognize my flash drive, and it would just boot up to a blank white screen with the little bar on the bottom. Then I realized I was using an older version of it, so I downloaded the latest in the OP. Still not having much luck. It's either hanging on the "initializing usb device" screen, or booting but saying "USB device not found." The strange thing is, I can get Wiiflow and CFG Launcher to work perfectly fine, but GX is giving me a bit of trouble. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hey guys, I'm having a little bit of an issue, but let me preface this by saying that I'm really new to this.. I used to have a modded wii like 5 years ago but I've been out of the loop for a while. IOS is a completely new concept to me, so stick with me.

Anyway, I am trying to set up GX here, and it was working fine on my flash drive with WBFS, but I wanted to use FAT32. That's where the problems started happening. GX wouldn't recognize my flash drive, and it would just boot up to a blank white screen with the little bar on the bottom. Then I realized I was using an older version of it, so I downloaded the latest in the OP. Still not having much luck. It's either hanging on the "initializing usb device" screen, or booting but saying "USB device not found." The strange thing is, I can get Wiiflow and CFG Launcher to work perfectly fine, but GX is giving me a bit of trouble. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Not sure if this will solve your problem but the "latest" on OP is actually still pretty old. Here's the one that's really the latest
http://www.mediafire.com/download/tz77d89i3tofk7z/USBLoaderGX_r1218_mod01.7z

Millertime2325

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the link, appreciate it.. What do I do with the patch file? I assume I just put that in a folder on my SD card under apps and instal, or is there more to it?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the link, appreciate it.. What do I do with the patch file? I assume I just put that in a folder on my SD card under apps and instal, or is there more to it?
The patch file is just because it's open sourced and so you have to publish the programming code every time you make any changes to it.

All you need is the boot.dol file of the version you prefer (and if you don't have any preference, choose the one in the 249 folder) and replace the boot.dol you already have in the folder for your current version of GX and you're done.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I also notice you're saying both IOS58 and IOS 249/250/222 load. What does this mean? They do different things?
IOS are system files, and responsible for accessing USB and SD card.
IOS58 can be used to mount USB2.0 devices and SD card, load the homebrew (USBLoaderGX) and read the settings, but can't be used to play Wii games from USB.
cIOS can be used to mount USB2.0 devices and SD card, load the homebrew (USBLoaderGX) and read the settings, AND can be used to play Wii games from USB.

The homebrew channel should use IOS58 already, so if you set the loader to also use IOS58, it should boost the loader's launch time as it doesn't reload another IOS to access the HDD. but it will have to reload to a cIOS when you launch a Wii/channel game.
if you tells the loader to use a cIOS, it will reload to the cIOS at launch but then won't need to reload again when launching a game.
it's only a matter of preference.

I don't know if I correctly answered your question.

Damn, i just found out something new. There's no support for emuNAND (and emuNAND channels) located in the SDHC? Or am i dong something wrong here?
I noticed it speeds up the booting process noticeably, but then the games don't work...
EmuNAND should work fine from SD/SDHC. You can set the path in settings>user paths>EmuNAND Path.
I currently have my EmuNAND on USB. I'll test it on SD when I have time.

Millertime2325:
It's not an easy issue to solve with not a lot of informations.

Maybe you have an issue in the settings.
It should have deleted your settings automatically if you updated from a very old version of USBGX, but just in case it didn't work do it manually.
on your SD (or USB), delete (or move if you don't want to lose your settings) the .cfg files located in /config/ or in /apps/usbloader_gx/

You said you updated from an old version, maybe you have old version of your softmod?
which version of the homebrew channel are you using, and it's running on which IOS? (press Home button while in homebrew channel, and look at the top right)
You need at least HBC v1.0.8 and IOS58.

Maybe your cIOS are old too. to know which cIOS version you have in your Wii, you can follow the Syscheck guide in my signature.

Millertime2325

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I deleted the old cfg files, still won't work for me. Could have possibly been something else that I deleted though, I'm not sure.

Homebrew Channel: 1.1.2 on IOS58.
Here are the syscheck results:

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 12.18.2008
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 137170910
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: United States (49)
Boot2 v4
Found 94 titles.
Found 52 IOS on this console. 8 of them are stub.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS80 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v4.0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4.0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS247[37] (rev 21006, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS248[56] (rev 21006, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[38] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10 (DIOS MIOS 2.8)
Report generated on 03/13/2014.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I love how insurance companies can deny procedures because they deem it not medically necessary despite the procedure being ordered by a doctor
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Going with that right now with a dental claim morons put the wrong company name and rejected claims been on hold an hour for the claims department
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, BTW is it better to go usb or bt for these mini Pcs figure you may know since you play with rack systems so much
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Counting my blessings that my insurance hasn't caused me really any headache (yet, at least) despite the fact that I've been getting way more appointments and what not recently due
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @K3Nv2, what do you mean, what are you trying to do?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just looking at a built in mouse pad keyboard combo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I loose the dongle constantly but they may have better connection with usb frequency
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Imo Bluetooth is always a option of last resort for me
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Except for phones because it tends to be pretty reliable there
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a bad habit of taking out usb transmitter and loosing it because they can't you know print names on the damn things
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    But any desktop OS, I've never had anything but frustration trying to get Bluetooth devices to work reliably and stable. It might pair and connect once, and then next time I go to use it I have to delete and re-pair it again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    5.3 has been so good I think 6 is really going to make it stable
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember how shit 3 was
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Ptouch labeler aren't terribly expensive, label shit yourself fam. This is the one I own and there are cheaper ones too https://www.amazon.com/Brother-P-Touch-PTH110BP-Portable-included/dp/B09QXYND6S
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Solves part of the problem, mixing up which dongle is which. Then you just have to not lose them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Double D would be proud
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Even my Xbox One controller I have it paired to my desktop over Bluetooth, it USUALLY works but sometimes it refuses to connect and I have to delete and re-pair it. Maddening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gigabytes built in mobo bt/wifi pairs pretty decent
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That's what I'm using :(
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ran a driver update in device manager?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Not recently but I think it's less a driver issue and more just Windows having a garbage Bluetooth stack
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be I was having issues when I first upgraded it and didn't realiser gigabyte has specific driver revisions which is stupid
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Which is married to the boards revision
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Made my first review
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I've gone years without ever removing a logitech usb transmitter. Across several replacements of keyboards and mice. It just stays put.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: I've gone years without ever removing a logitech usb transmitter. Across several replacements of...