• Views 7,226,174
  • Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a problem with Metroid Prime 3 and Trilogy correct language selection.
The main menu in MPT is english, but i didn´t really bother, because MP1 and MP2 correctly started in german.
Now i want to play MP3, but the language stays english.
I also tried the standalone MP3, but i also can´t get it to boot in german.
The healthscreen is german, but the rest always stays english, no matter which settings i choose in GX (Use global, use console default, german).
I´m using r1218 (no mod).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you only need the boot.dol
the other files are there for developers.

If you want to run a GameCube disc while you have DIOS MIOS installed, remember that you need a compatible USB device connected. DIOS MIOS Starts by mounting the USB before even reading the disc.
If you want to run retail disc, I suggest installing the official MIOS v10 back. (as easy as installing DM or DML).

I forgot to edit the version number in 1218_mod06, credit page might display 1219 instead of 1218 because I was ready to release it (it's like a pre-1219).
My computer is fixed (again), I hope to release 1219 soon and publish it in the auto-updater inside the loader.

pitweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I had been trying it without DM installed, as I'm aware that that program is for loading from USB devices. I had read elsewhere here that GX could play backups from a DVD with the regular mIOS installed, but I guess that information was wrong. Either way, I've finally figured out a USB solution with another loader, so I'm set for now.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I had read elsewhere here that GX could play backups from a DVD with the regular mIOS installed, but I guess that information was wrong.

Actually, you'll need WiiGator+WiiPower's cMIOS (v10) for that if you have the newer DVD drive (If you have the newer Boot2, you almost certainly have the newer drive, and will need this cMIOS to play disc backups). At least I did, a loooong time ago.

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
The main menu in MPT is english, but i didn´t really bother, because MP1 and MP2 correctly started in german.
The healthscreen is german, but the rest always stays english, no matter which settings i choose in GX (Use global, use console default, german).
Did you enable the emunand emulation to store the savegame in your SD/USB?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it only affects MP3?
the language selection works fine with other games?

Your Wii language settings is set to german? (if not, try to set it to german to see if it affects the game)

Try to use alternative dol loading method.
it will patch the game's dol instead of the menu's dol (it should path all dols, but maybe there's an issue because there are too many of them?).

game Settings > Alt dol > Choose at launch (to get a nice menu when launching the game)
or
game Settings > alt dol > select dol (select MP3) and it will always boot that game without asking.
Though, when bypassing the menu selection, starting a new game will set the difficulty to hard.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it only affects MP3?
the language selection works fine with other games?
Yes, only MP3.
Strange thing, it affects both MP3 solo disc and MP3 in the Trilogy collection.
Your Wii language settings is set to german? (if not, try to set it to german to see if it affects the game)
Yes, console is set to german.
I´m playing in vWii btw.
Try to use alternative dol loading method.
it will patch the game's dol instead of the menu's dol (it should path all dols, but maybe there's an issue because there are too many of them?).

game Settings > Alt dol > Choose at launch (to get a nice menu when launching the game)
or
game Settings > alt dol > select dol (select MP3) and it will always boot that game without asking.
Though, when bypassing the menu selection, starting a new game will set the difficulty to hard.
Both methods didn´t work, still english.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll try that game and see if I have the same issue.
I usually plays games in english so I didn't have any issue with setting it to French :lol:
But other users didn't report any issue, maybe it's only on vWii?

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll try that game and see if I have the same issue.
I usually plays games in english so I didn't have any issue with setting it to French :lol:
But other users didn't report any issue, maybe it's only on vWii?
I play on normal Wii (language set to Spanish in the console and to System in GX). For Metroid Prime Trilogy, if emuNand is enable and set to Partial, the main menu and the three games are always in Spanish (in my case). If emuNand is set to Full, the main menu, MP1 and MP2 are in Spanish, but MP3 loads in English. Besides, once MP3 is loaded, if we go back to the game's main menu (via Home Button), that menu will be now in English instead of in Spanish.
This is why asked [Truth] about the emuNand.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i posted this in the nintendont thread but may as well post here too as its GX related.

Using mod6, when I launch a GC game using nintendont, it will launch correctly, I tested with Luigis Mansion. I exited the game as I couldn't progress, came back to GX and the game was no longer in the list. I tried deleting the cache file, i believe its a .bin in the app folder, i tried un-listing the gamecube games and re-listing them.

This also happened with wind waker as well. very odd behavior. i confirmed the iso file is still available by launching it in wiiflow using dios mios, so it didn't affect the data just the listing in the loader.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

I try to play in Spanish and the same thing. I thought MP3 they just never bothered translating (the health screen ALWAYS translates independant of the rest of the game) but never tried the disk

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i posted this in the nintendont thread but may as well post here too as its GX related.

Using mod6, when I launch a GC game using nintendont, it will launch correctly, I tested with Luigis Mansion. I exited the game as I couldn't progress, came back to GX and the game was no longer in the list. I tried deleting the cache file, i believe its a .bin in the app folder, i tried un-listing the gamecube games and re-listing them.

This also happened with wind waker as well. very odd behavior. i confirmed the iso file is still available by launching it in wiiflow using dios mios, so it didn't affect the data just the listing in the loader.

After removing all GX related files/config seems to be working as normal now. weird.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff