USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by cyrex, Apr 19, 2009.

Apr 19, 2009

USB Loader GX by cyrex at 5:00 PM (3,953,076 Views / 9 Likes) 19,325 Comments

• Newcomer

detroitwillfall Advanced Member

United States
    ok trying this now thank you for the response

edit
    **asks what ios partition or something on usb loader gx menu now and 249/233 show i click 249 makes a glitchy noise and freezes

doesnt work
    Last edited by detroitwillfall, Dec 6, 2013

• Global Moderator

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    did you fully softmod your Wii?
    You probably didn't install the correct IOS.

Is this your first time using an USBLoader?
    You should try to use modmii and follow the generated tutorial to correctly install all needed files.

Which version of the loader are you using?
    I don't remember that the loader let you make a choice where you have to click 249
    detroitwillfall likes this.
    • Newcomer

United States
    yes i followed mod miis guide to a tee.

the version is 4.3 usb loader gx.

if i follow modmiis guide soley can i get the usb loader to work because it hasnt before..

its my first time using usb loader gx. i can get the configurable to work but i really want usb loader gx.
    • Global Moderator

France
    I wanted to know which version of USBLoaderGX you are using, not the Wii's system menu version (which doesn't change anything when using homebrew).

I can't help you because I didn't understand what you did and where you are blocked.

- You said you used modmii (when ?), so you should have the correct cIOS (the system files for USBLoaders).

- The drive's partition must be in FAT32 (do you have multiple partition? Is it an external hard drive or a USB flash drive? Flash drives are reported having detecting problem)
    - You need to use WiiBackupManager to see/add/delete/manage your ISO on the partition
    - You need to plug the drive in the USB near the edge of the console (the bottom port when the console is horizontal)

- You need the latest version of USBLoaderGX (version 3.0) : http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-...=USBLoader_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249.zip
    extract the /apps/usbloader_gx/ folder to your SD card, like this: SDCard:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol

- Download the latest revision of USBLoaderGX (revision 1218) : http://www.mediafire.com/download/19batamvn4he2dx/R1218_IOS222-249-250.7z
    Open the archive, go to /IOS249/ folder, and extract the file "boot.dol" (you ONLY need this one, all other files are not for you)
    place this "boot.dol" in your SD card, here : SDCard:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol (replace the old boot.dol with the new one)
    Delete all .bin and .cfg files located in SDCard:/apps/usbloader_gx/ to reset all the settings.
    You need only 3 files : "boot.dol", "meta.xml" and the "icon.png" files. If you don't have the meta.xml, you didn't correctly install the loader.

- Put the SD card in your Wii

- Launch Homebrew channel, and launch USBLoaderGX.

If you have a message "USBLoaderGX need at least IOS249 or IOS222 to work correctly", then your Wii is NOT softmoded correctly.
    Run ModMii tutorial again.
    • Newcomer

United States
    the version of usb loader is 3.0
    ok got usb loader gx to work, but its not installed as a channel rather it loads up from HBC? and the kirby game keeps freezing at the same point in the 2nd level. i can tell when it loads it cuts in and out with music. gonna try another "source" and see.. does wbfs or iso format matter to which works better? wbfs is just a shrunken version of the iso? the image files are 4.5gbs and the wbfs is 1.2 so maybe its because they are over 4 gbs that its having trouble and i should stick with wbfs?

here is my sysCheck

WARNING! Spoilers inside!
    Last edited by detroitwillfall, Dec 7, 2013
    • Global Moderator

France
    Your syscheck doesn't provide all informations (Which IOS are used as base for the patched IOS), but I will assume it's correctly softmoded.

WBFS or ISO has no difference, like you noticed wbfs is a compressed form, and is working for all games.

For Kirby, be sure you disabled all possible patches, that you are using the same region game ISO/console.
    There exists a patch to prevent the AntiPiracy to be triggered, but in USBLoaderGX it require that you at least enable 1 cheat code. not sure if you want to play while cheating.
    • Newcomer

SuperVioshi Member

United States
    Alright, so I need someone to point out how to dump GC Iso's to USB drive via Wii, since I completely forgot after only a few weeks... I remember doing it, just not how. Bad memory + Been sick is bad combo.
    • Newcomer

United States
    its working now, i have no idea why tho? i tried a different "source" which i thought was return to dreamland turned into kirbys adventure. but same levels i was in before? lol anyway its still kinda laggy/glitchy and slightly freezesw momentarily when you beat certain bosses but nothing completely frozen.

so maybe it was the iso source i had the first time. should i go into all in one mod in hbc and click manage ios ? because i think im using 236 v656565 or somethin like that.. i can make write it down if you have a list of what it should be to work properly?
    • Newcomer

United States
    also how can i install usb loader gx as a channel and not as an option in hbc.. because thats where i have to go currently to use it?
    • Global Moderator

France
    • Newcomer

Magnus87 Advanced Member

Argentina
    Cyan

Any news about r1219 ?

VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    hey cyan, since most of the time referring people to use the latest rev and its very stable, why don't you just make the latest rev the primary download? i don't think anything in the betas would affect someone who downloads GX for the first time.
    • Newcomer

United States
    for sure! thanks for the help.. soo copy both to usb and sd card then run wad manager?
    Last edited by detroitwillfall, Dec 11, 2013. Reason: because
    • Global Moderator

France
    I could release it as dol, but I won't make a full channel/wad, because it's still missing the internal wad installer (Dimok removed it before releasing 3.0).

If users install the full channel with the current dol, it will not update the channel next time there's a release, but only download the new dol to SD.
    I guess it's not a very big problem, seeing how much time I spend before releasing new release :s

I didn't have time to work on 1219 yet :(
    busy with 3DS forum's moderation right now.

I'll try to add the option to not mount HDD at launch, and probably release it as 3.1 as dol only.

Edit:
    I thought about it, and I don't think it would pleased many users to not have a full 3.1 channel.
    Maybe I will only put the r1218 on the download page, and push it in the auto-update for users using forwarders.

VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    sweet sounds good! i just noticed that everyone who helps always asks what rev, if you deprecate the rest and make 1218 the latest release everyone wins. the main concern is that the last official release doesn't support DM, just DML and that can cause confusion with newbs.
    • Newcomer

LongLiveTheKing Newbie

United States
    Is it possible for custom banners? i would love to change the smash brothers one to project M.
    • Global Moderator

France
    yes, it's possible.
    Put the GameID.bnr into the banner caching folder, and it will load it instead of the official one.

Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

United States
    I can't seem to get USB loader gx to pick up my hard drive. It works in other homebrew, I'm using a Y-cable for the Wii u, and it's plugged into the back of the console... Any help?
    • Global Moderator

France
    hello :)

you connected it in port0 ? (on WiiU it's the one from the inside, not near the edge).

Which revision are you using?
    I added IOS58/ahb support in r1218 (to load SD card and HDD with IOS58), but if it's making problem try r1217 (to force cIOS 249 instead of IOS58).
    If you are not using revision 1218, try it.
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2x95zd9rz3rc/USBLoaderGX

if you don't understand or need more help, let me know.

Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

United States
    I was using 1217 before, I just tried the 1218 and still no luck. Just to be sure, I tried both sets of USB ports, since I'm not sure which one is port0, but there was no difference.

SPONSORED LINKS