USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by cyrex, Apr 19, 2009.

Apr 19, 2009

USB Loader GX by cyrex at 5:00 PM (3,825,129 Views / 7 Likes) 18,354 Comments

• Newcomer

detroitwillfall New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    the version of usb loader is 3.0
    ok got usb loader gx to work, but its not installed as a channel rather it loads up from HBC? and the kirby game keeps freezing at the same point in the 2nd level. i can tell when it loads it cuts in and out with music. gonna try another "source" and see.. does wbfs or iso format matter to which works better? wbfs is just a shrunken version of the iso? the image files are 4.5gbs and the wbfs is 1.2 so maybe its because they are over 4 gbs that its having trouble and i should stick with wbfs?

here is my sysCheck

WARNING! Spoilers inside!
    Last edited by detroitwillfall, Dec 7, 2013

• Global Moderator

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Message Count:
    France
    Your syscheck doesn't provide all informations (Which IOS are used as base for the patched IOS), but I will assume it's correctly softmoded.

WBFS or ISO has no difference, like you noticed wbfs is a compressed form, and is working for all games.

For Kirby, be sure you disabled all possible patches, that you are using the same region game ISO/console.
    There exists a patch to prevent the AntiPiracy to be triggered, but in USBLoaderGX it require that you at least enable 1 cheat code. not sure if you want to play while cheating.
    • Newcomer

SuperVioshi New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Alright, so I need someone to point out how to dump GC Iso's to USB drive via Wii, since I completely forgot after only a few weeks... I remember doing it, just not how. Bad memory + Been sick is bad combo.
    • Newcomer

Message Count:
    United States
    its working now, i have no idea why tho? i tried a different "source" which i thought was return to dreamland turned into kirbys adventure. but same levels i was in before? lol anyway its still kinda laggy/glitchy and slightly freezesw momentarily when you beat certain bosses but nothing completely frozen.

so maybe it was the iso source i had the first time. should i go into all in one mod in hbc and click manage ios ? because i think im using 236 v656565 or somethin like that.. i can make write it down if you have a list of what it should be to work properly?
    • Newcomer

Message Count:
    United States
    also how can i install usb loader gx as a channel and not as an option in hbc.. because thats where i have to go currently to use it?
    • Global Moderator

Message Count:
    France
    detroitwillfall likes this.
    • Newcomer

Magnus87 New Member

Message Count:
    Argentina
    Cyan

Any news about r1219 ?

VashTS Beat it, son

Message Count:
    United States
    hey cyan, since most of the time referring people to use the latest rev and its very stable, why don't you just make the latest rev the primary download? i don't think anything in the betas would affect someone who downloads GX for the first time.
    • Newcomer

Message Count:
    United States
    for sure! thanks for the help.. soo copy both to usb and sd card then run wad manager?
    Last edited by detroitwillfall, Dec 11, 2013. Reason: because
    • Global Moderator

Message Count:
    France
    I could release it as dol, but I won't make a full channel/wad, because it's still missing the internal wad installer (Dimok removed it before releasing 3.0).

If users install the full channel with the current dol, it will not update the channel next time there's a release, but only download the new dol to SD.
    I guess it's not a very big problem, seeing how much time I spend before releasing new release :s

I didn't have time to work on 1219 yet :(
    busy with 3DS forum's moderation right now.

I'll try to add the option to not mount HDD at launch, and probably release it as 3.1 as dol only.

Edit:
    I thought about it, and I don't think it would pleased many users to not have a full 3.1 channel.
    Maybe I will only put the r1218 on the download page, and push it in the auto-update for users using forwarders.

VashTS Beat it, son

Message Count:
    United States
    sweet sounds good! i just noticed that everyone who helps always asks what rev, if you deprecate the rest and make 1218 the latest release everyone wins. the main concern is that the last official release doesn't support DM, just DML and that can cause confusion with newbs.
    • Newcomer

LongLiveTheKing New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Is it possible for custom banners? i would love to change the smash brothers one to project M.
    • Global Moderator

Message Count:
    France
    yes, it's possible.
    Put the GameID.bnr into the banner caching folder, and it will load it instead of the official one.

Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

Message Count:
    United States
    I can't seem to get USB loader gx to pick up my hard drive. It works in other homebrew, I'm using a Y-cable for the Wii u, and it's plugged into the back of the console... Any help?
    • Global Moderator

Message Count:
    France
    hello :)

you connected it in port0 ? (on WiiU it's the one from the inside, not near the edge).

Which revision are you using?
    I added IOS58/ahb support in r1218 (to load SD card and HDD with IOS58), but if it's making problem try r1217 (to force cIOS 249 instead of IOS58).
    If you are not using revision 1218, try it.
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2x95zd9rz3rc/USBLoaderGX

if you don't understand or need more help, let me know.

Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

Message Count:
    United States
    I was using 1217 before, I just tried the 1218 and still no luck. Just to be sure, I tried both sets of USB ports, since I'm not sure which one is port0, but there was no difference.

Kittymat New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    The Y cable with 2 cables in should be plugged into the top rear USB socket, the other cable into the bottom socket
    • Global Moderator

Message Count:
    France
    it works fine on Wii?

If it works on vWii with other homebrew it should work with r1218.
    Try this:
    On Wii : launch the loader, go to settings > loader settings > Loader's IOS : 58
    (keep the Game's IOS to 249)
    Exit the loader to save the settings.

On vWii : launch the loader, it should use IOS58 and AHB access to mount the drive.
    You need the default meta.xml in the loader's folder.
    (with the <no_ios_reload/> tag, or <ahb_access/>, and don't use arguments).

When you are in the loader, it will use IOS58, like other homebrew (wiimc, HBC, wiiflow, etc.)
    when you launch a Wii game, it will reload to IOS249. I can't tell if it will work or not, you will have to test.

Edit:
    Which cIOS did you install ?
    v10 or v10-alt?
    try the other one.

Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

Message Count:
    United States
    Throwing the meta.xml in there did the trick. I must have had the old version still in there. My hard drive is showing up now :)

Thanks for being patient with me xD
    • Global Moderator

Message Count:
    France
    Hey, glad it was a simple fix :)
    You didn't have to install anything to your console then.

SPONSORED LINKS