• Likes 47

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hey cyan, since most of the time referring people to use the latest rev and its very stable, why don't you just make the latest rev the primary download? i don't think anything in the betas would affect someone who downloads GX for the first time.
I could release it as dol, but I won't make a full channel/wad, because it's still missing the internal wad installer (Dimok removed it before releasing 3.0).

If users install the full channel with the current dol, it will not update the channel next time there's a release, but only download the new dol to SD.
I guess it's not a very big problem, seeing how much time I spend before releasing new release :s

I didn't have time to work on 1219 yet :(
busy with 3DS forum's moderation right now.

I'll try to add the option to not mount HDD at launch, and probably release it as 3.1 as dol only.

Edit:
I thought about it, and I don't think it would pleased many users to not have a full 3.1 channel.
Maybe I will only put the r1218 on the download page, and push it in the auto-update for users using forwarders.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sweet sounds good! i just noticed that everyone who helps always asks what rev, if you deprecate the rest and make 1218 the latest release everyone wins. the main concern is that the last official release doesn't support DM, just DML and that can cause confusion with newbs.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello :)

you connected it in port0 ? (on WiiU it's the one from the inside, not near the edge).

Which revision are you using?
I added IOS58/ahb support in r1218 (to load SD card and HDD with IOS58), but if it's making problem try r1217 (to force cIOS 249 instead of IOS58).
If you are not using revision 1218, try it.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2x95zd9rz3rc/USBLoaderGX

if you don't understand or need more help, let me know.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it works fine on Wii?

If it works on vWii with other homebrew it should work with r1218.
Try this:
On Wii : launch the loader, go to settings > loader settings > Loader's IOS : 58
(keep the Game's IOS to 249)
Exit the loader to save the settings.

On vWii : launch the loader, it should use IOS58 and AHB access to mount the drive.
You need the default meta.xml in the loader's folder.
(with the <no_ios_reload/> tag, or <ahb_access/>, and don't use arguments).

When you are in the loader, it will use IOS58, like other homebrew (wiimc, HBC, wiiflow, etc.)
when you launch a Wii game, it will reload to IOS249. I can't tell if it will work or not, you will have to test.

Edit:
Which cIOS did you install ?
v10 or v10-alt?
try the other one.

Helltech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh I'm so confused. I have been using USBloaderGX for years. I finally decided I wanted my NGC games on there. So I get them on there, and after a while I FINALLY get them to show up in the loader screen at least. I try to play them and I get a black screen, time for trouble shooting. During this trouble shooting I decided to upgrade my USBLoaderGX to r1218. I do that and my NGC games are still there and everything, but I still got the black screen. So I decided to reset my USBLoaderGX settings. I do that, and then (obviously) my NGC games don't show up.

So I go and put back the settings that should make them show up, but for some reason they aren't anymore, and I have no idea what happened.

I have my NGC games on a Fat32 partition and my Wii games on a WBFS partition.

These are the only settings I changed from default.

Hard Drive Settings:
-Game/Install Partition - WBFS
-Multiple Partitions - ON
-GC Install Compressed - ON
-GC Install 32K Aligned - ON

Custom Paths:
-Main Gamecube Path - usb1 :/Gamecube (correct path for me)

Credits show DIOS.MIOS v2.10+ , Rev 1218 IOS 249, d2x v8final base 56)

That is all the information I know to give, why aren't my NGC games showing up now? They were showing up just fine untill I reset my USBLoaderGX settings, and now they don't show up.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To display Gamecube games, you need to select this mode.
Top menu > 4th icon > enable GameCube

You may also want to set your "Gamecube origin" to Auto in the Settings > Loader settings > Gamecube origin
It's used to choose which device you want to see (SD or USB, or both, and if you have the same game on both to decide which device has priority)

Auto : will give priority to SD or USB, based on the detected MIOS. DIOS MIOS = USB first then SD. DIOS MIOS Lite = SD first then USB.
SD folder : display only the games from SD
Main folder : display only the games from the "main folder" (which you set to usb1:/gamecube)
SD/Main : SD has priority, then display games from Main
Main/SD : Main folder has priority, then display games from SD

If your gamecube folder is usb1:/gamecube/, then I suppose your FAT32 partition is the first one on your HDD, so it's fine.
Usually, users with FAT32 + WBFS partitions have their WBFS partition first and FAT32 second, which is not compatible with DIOS MIOS.

Helltech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh thanks, the problem was the "4th icon enable gamecube". That really should be in the "loader" options in the menu.

Now that that is fixed, the NGC games all blackscreen still.

I'm using Dios Mios 2.1 NON lite. I used DMToolBox to put them on partion 1 of my usb drive, they show up in the loader, they just don't load. Continuous black screen.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You meant 2.10 right? if not, use v2.10 instead of 2.1

The black screen problem is due to HDD not mounted correctly at DM Launch, DM waits for the partition to be accessible but never comes.
Try with another HDD (other than a seagate external hdd), or another USB cable.

Helltech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I'm using 2.10, I'll try another HDD soon.

EDIT - Dangit, just tried a flashdrive and it worked perfectly. :( Guess that HDD doesn't work, oh well.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Having 480i as default, when I select a game and choose "force NTSC 480p" in its settings the game switches but then quickly changes back to interlaced.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
try to enable the "Video dol Patching" too. (either to ON or ALL).

Video Mode : set the console's video mode before launching the game. when the game launches it checks the console's video mode and its own video mode and select the one matching best. (PAL/NTSC/MPAL/480/i/p etc.)
Video dol Patch : replace the game main.dol video mode list to the video mode you selected above. The game will find both your settings in Console and dol and will use it.

If it doesn't work, tell me which game it is.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Thank you, it works well for NTSC games but on the one I'm trying to play(which is PAL) it messes up stuff in the game, like effects and overall the way progressive works and makes the game look extremely jagged but when I play the game through the Disc Channel it doesn't look jagged at all.
It's the only PAL game I own(Another Code: R) so I can't test if the problem is the game or format.

One of the effects used in the game is supposed to use a fade-in or out transition but it only displays half the screen instead.
HNI_0019.JPG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple