• Likes 47

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
first idea : revert back. (install the last known working IOS you were using).
second idea: this is strange that you have an error about creating a path. Maybe an issue with the drive? no more free space? wrong partition? I don't know.

julialy: I don't know.
some hdd works fine, some others have problem with init/spinup.

darkstalker:
which cIOS version do you have?
if it's d2x v10, install d2x v10-alt
if it's d2x v10-alt, install d2x v10
or just revert back to d2x v8 if you don't need dual hdd support.

If you set "emuNAND save" to OFF, it will save on your Wii. you can then dump your NAND and your emuNAND will have your savegame on it. use "EmuNAND save" partial to use the save located on emuNAND.

which version of the loader are you using (249/250/222?)
which cIOS are you using in the settings? (both game IOS and loader IOS)
wich IOS is set in your meta.xml (if you are using the correct file. maybe post your meta.xml in a spoiler tag here)

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
So, no fix? No spinup application or anything?
second idea: this is strange that you have an error about creating a path. Maybe an issue with the drive? no more free space? wrong partition? I don't know.

darkstalker:

If you set "emuNAND save" to OFF, it will save on your Wii. you can then dump your NAND and your emuNAND will have your savegame on it. use "EmuNAND save" partial to use the save located on emuNAND.

wich IOS is set in your meta.xml (if you are using the correct file. maybe post your meta.xml in a spoiler tag here)

starwarsfan541

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

darkstalker:

Okay, I upgraded it to v10 and that didnt work then I went back to v6 where I think it last worked still not working.

also cleanrip is not working either.

It does detect the drive and it has 30GB free

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
julialy and @starwarsfan :

maybe try with this settings:
reinstall d2x v8 or v10.
loader r1218
meta.xml with <ahb_access/> tag
settings > loader settings > Loader IOS : 58
settings > loader settings > Game IOS : 249
reboot to reload the correct IOS.

With this settings, the loader will run on official IOS58's USB driver. it's the one with the best compatibility.
it will reload to 249 only when you launch a game.
having the loader on IOS58 can't use dual USB support (if two devices are connectes, USB Port1 is loaded)

xplus93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way of implementing channel loading from the sd in the same way nintendo originally did it? I'm not a big fan of emunand since i feel it adds way too much complication that should be there. So could this be implemented into usb loader gx? If I remember right all it did was copy the game to the internal nand temporarily to play it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, it copy the channel from SD to internal NAND, then launch it.
Though, the format on SD card is a single per-console encrypted binary file, not a wad or extracted files which can be installed or moved to NAND.

If you want to launch a channel stored from your SD card, you need to exit to home menu and use the official method.

EmuNAND is useful if you have a lot of channels installed and not enough space on your Wii, and to prevent exiting to home menu.
It allows you to launch them without waiting for the transfer before playing it. You have 2TB of space instead of the limited NAND size.
Though, with usbLoaderGX, not all channels are working. you need wiiflow/neek to play some channels (nobody made/maintained a list of non working games on USBGX).

Jademalo

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I'm having a bit of a nightmare getting Excite Truck PAL to load.

Every other game I've tested so far works fine, but ET has a perculier problem. I've checked the hashes with redump, and I'm positive that it's a good dump (I've tried three times now.)
When I go to load the game, it kicks me back to the HBC. I read something about SD cards being funny with it, but even if I remove that I get the same problem. In addition, it's the only one of my games that doesn't display the banner. I've tried clearing the banner cache, but the issue still stands.
It also loads fine on Dolphin etc.

Any ideas?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thanks, but didn't Crediar abandoned that project?
Yeah, but he released the source and some others are playing with it.
Either way, considering the Alpha version that the original r1218 supports ONLY works with Wind Waker, at least the current version that the mod01 version supports is compatible with a few more games.

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, but he released the source and some others are playing with it.
Either way, considering the Alpha version that the original r1218 supports ONLY works with Wind Waker, at least the current version that the mod01 version supports is compatible with a few more games.
Good to know. Thank u, Maxternal.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Having trouble with Monster Humter Tri. The game loads and plays ok. However if I go into settings and Ocarina to download cheats, my wii freezes. The only way I can get out of it is a long press on the power button. If I delete the gct file, I can download a nww gct file but then my wii will freeze again. Is there anything I can try to fix this issue?? Thank you in advance guys, any help with this will be very much appreciated

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The wii doesn't really freeze.
It's "currently loading the cheat code list", which is MEGA HUGE.
it will take 1~5minutes.

the .gct is located in /codes/
the .txt is located in /txtcodes/
It's your .txt file which is huge and long to load.

To "fix" this, you should go to geckocode website, select the codes you want, generate the .gct online, and put the .gct in your /codes/ folder.
then enable ocarina in the game settings.
You don't need to go to the Ocarina menu, and you don't need to download the cheat list.

Or

Go to geckocode, select ALL the code you are likely to use, and copy paste only these code list in your GameID.txt file.
That way, you can enable/disable/generate the codes you want from the loader without waiting 5min every time.

Or .. just wait 5 min :P

Reactions: TudorBlue

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thank you Cyan, I didnt now know this. I will give it a go now. Thank you my kind sir. Another problem I am having is with Resident Evil Archives Resident Evil 0 (RBHP08) When I try and download the codes via the download cheat option, it tells me that there is no cheat gct RBHP08, so I use the Ocarina code manager and manually add the codes that I found in the WiiRd forum, I add the game id then the code description, the code then store modifcation then export gct. I insert the sd card back into my wii, then go to the game, setting and ocarina but it comes back as no cheats found. Clearly Im doing something wrong. Help. Thanks in advance

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I found that sometime, the Cheat code downloader is not working fine (it returns "no cheat found" when they are, it require few tries to download the list. I don't know why).

If you add cheat code manually, verify that you are using the correct format (open an existing .txt file in notepad and base your new .txt on it).
use the full GameID as filename for the cheat code, and place it in /txtcodes/ or /codes/ depending your format (txt or gct).
RBHP08.txt and RBHP08.gct

Verify that your gct folder used by the loader is the one on SD card, and not a different path (settings > user path)

Reactions: TudorBlue

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks. Monster Hunter Tri worked by, as you said because the code list is thta big, it takes a minute or two. Might try and create a smaller list as I dont think I will need all those codes. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself