• Replies 29,363
  • Likes 48

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
A question to people using Wiinertag on GX.
I registerd on wiinertag site and received my User Key. I enabled wiinertag on GX settings and on /apps/usbloader_gx there are now 2 files: one called Wiinnertag.xml and another called WinnerTag.xml.
Both have this when opened with wordpad:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<Tag URL="http://www.wiinnertag.com/wiinnertag_scripts/update_sign.php?key={KEY}&amp;game_id={ID6}" Key="1234567890" />

Do i need to replace just the bold part with my user key, or the {KEY} also?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are two files? the loader create and use only one file : Wiinnertag.xml
About the key, only replace the key="...." (which will update the URL automatically with your key, and the gameID you are launching)

Reactions: nakata6790

DoDDsTeR

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Having trouble with loading GC backups.

Have followed the instructions as closely as possible.

HDD Formatted, partitioned and set as primary correctly, DIOS MIOS v2.6 installed, presented with the splash screen with error.

"incorrect config version, please update your loader"

I'm assuming loader is this one (usb gx) I'm using 2.3 on iOS249. No updates found when trying to do this.....

Headache!!! Help or advice would be much appreciated :)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Having trouble with loading GC backups.

Have followed the instructions as closely as possible.

HDD Formatted, partitioned and set as primary correctly, DIOS MIOS v2.6 installed, presented with the splash screen with error.

"incorrect config version, please update your loader"

I'm assuming loader is this one (usb gx) I'm using 2.3 on iOS249. No updates found when trying to do this.....

Headache!!! Help or advice would be much appreciated :)
I think they had changed the update method or something .. but even the one available through the NEW UPDATE method (3.0) isn't new enough for that.
You have to use the newest BETA version (r1208) which you can find here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?uahhi8exdaawmls

luke9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i force my games to show in order? like my resident evil games are all out of order like 3 comes after 4, zero is after resident evil etc

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Rename them with GX (enable rotating disc image instead of banner animation from settings, and then click on the games name) OR rename their folders with windows explorer (preferable and stabler)

P.S. Thanks Cyan, got it working :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do not rename them.
There are different listing order defined by the user.

First, download and use Wiitdb.xml (go to Settings > Update > Wiitdb). It contains all the full and correct game's names.
If it doesn't rename the game, verrify that you Enabled "Settings > Features > use wiitdb".

Secondly:
If you click the third icon (next to the magnifier icon) in the top menu, you can select the order type.
Each click loops between:
Alphabetic (A at the top, Z at the bottom. Attention, special characters are located at the end, like Ōkami it's not in the O but in the Ō which is far behind the Z. rename the game in the loader if you want it into the O)
Rank (number of stars, most starred at the top)
Playcount (how many time you play them, most played at the top)
Number of Players (Multiplayer games at the top)
Note : There's no reverse order option

Steps To rename a game:
1. Go to settings > GUI settings > Game Window : Rotating Disc
2. Load a game window (by selecting a game and clicking on it), instead of the banner animation you will see the GameDisc, ranking stars, Game Titles, etc.
3. Click on the Game Title to rename it.
4. If the loader doesn't keep your user defined Game name, go to Settings > Feature > Switch the Cache setting and try renaming it again. Do not use "Force Game name from Disc" or it will not use your own Game name.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not rename them.
There are different listing order defined by the user.

First, download and use Wiitdb.xml (go to Settings > Update > Wiitdb). It contains all the full and correct game's names.
If it doesn't rename the game, verrify that you Enabled "Settings > Features > use wiitdb".

Secondly:
If you click the third icon (next to the magnifier icon) in the top menu, you can select the order type.
Each click loops between:
Alphabetic (A at the top, Z at the bottom. Attention, special characters are located at the end, like Ōkami it's not in the O but in the Ō which is far behind the Z. rename the game in the loader if you want it into the O)
Rank (number of stars, most starred at the top)
Playcount (how many time you play them, most played at the top)
Number of Players (Multiplayer games at the top)
Note : There's no reverse order option

Steps To rename a game:
1. Go to settings > GUI settings > Game Window : Rotating Disc
2. Load a game window (by selecting a game and clicking on it), instead of the banner animation you will see the GameDisc, ranking stars, Game Titles, etc.
3. Click on the Game Title to rename it.
4. If the loader doesn't keep your user defined Game name, go to Settings > Feature > Switch the Cache setting and try renaming it again. Do not use "Force Game name from Disc" or it will not use your own Game name.

Well, if you rename a bunch of them, don't update the gametdb datafile or you will lose all your custom names.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
need help with usbloader gx in nand emulation as WiiWare games will not connect to internet to play online.
This is a known issue with all USBLoaders + EmuNAND.

There is a workaround : create a Forwarder ISO for your game to install on your system menu.
I never tested it, and I don't know how to create that ISO (Wad2ISO is still used?).
Themanuel knows how it works as he already reported it as working fine.

I suppose:
- you use a dummy Wii ISO. (like the System Menu Updater made by Bushing?)
- replace the boot.dol with the forwarder dol
- Put that iso on your drive as if it were Wii Game (in /wbfs/ folder) (use WBM to convert/remove the update partition)
- Launch the forwarder as if it was a Game (not from the EmuNAND menu)

But how do you create the forwarder dol to tell to launch the channel from emuNAND instead of NAND?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's correct. The forwarder ISO contains a dol that forwards to a modified version of Triforce (with parameters), which in turn runs the game from emunand.
- Use Wad2ISO to create the forwarder ISO
- Make sure your emunand is in the root of the device
- Put the ISO in your wbfs folder, along with all your other disc games

The loader will just see it as a disc game and launch it, and the ISO will do the rest.
The Wad2ISO post has a link to the modified version of Triforce that you must place in a folder called NandGames in the root of your SD card.

DoDDsTeR

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ok, so I have got past all this (problem was replacing iOS249 .dol in the sd:\apps\usbloadergx folder).... Managed to load up Fire Emblem - Path of Radiance.

Loads up the Nintendo Screen, then goes to intelligent systems splash and freezes (you see a feint green light flicker below it)

Left it for ages, still no joy, only a hard reset gets my wii running again! :(

Any ideas on what is wrong? The game is fine as it runs on my computer (dolphin) and I have completed it lol

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the network working from that modified Triiforce without using a forwarder?
Launching Triiforce, then loading the game?
It does not. The only way this thing works is using d2x (maybe Waninkoko's rev20 and 21 too) and launching through the forwarder ISO. I've loaded Triiforce by itself and then launched the games and they don't connect. The modified Triifroce dol simply allows the passing inline arguments, which is not available in the abandoned main branch but nothing specific to online play.

Actually Cyan, I had been thinking to ask you to make a build that logs to WifiGecko as much as much as possible, the process of launching a game. I would then launch a disc, an emunand game and the same emunand game from a forwarder ISO and compare what looks different and common among all three, in an effort to see if there is something that does not get initialized when launching games through emunand. However, I had already asked you for the non-d2x experiment so did not want to further burden you.

If you think there may be value to this other experiment and feel like making this build some time in the future, let me know and I'll run some tests. Who knows, maybe we get lucky and you identify something important. I'm convinced the problem is in the loader side because d2x allows me to play online every time without issue, when launching through forwarder ISO. Also, davebaol look into it from the cIOS side a year ago when I brought it to his attention but he did not find anything.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I'm having troubles with my Wii not recognising my WBFS HDD.

• 4.3E (all official IOSes up to date)
  • cIOS d2x v8 base 58 (in slot 249)
  • USB Loader GX v3

I don't have any other cIOSes installed and I've removed all stubs. I have another Wii which recognises it fine, so it's not the HDD, although that has over versions of USB Loader GX and cIOSes on it. It's in the right port as I've tried 0/1/both in the settings to no avail.

It comes up with 0 Games. I've also tried disconnecting the HDD and launching the loader and it does pretty much the same thing. Game/Install Partition says FAT 16 1.84G. When I click on it nothing happens. I thought maybe I could change this to WBFS.

Any advice or hints?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up