USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by cyrex, Apr 19, 2009.

Apr 19, 2009

USB Loader GX by cyrex at 5:00 PM (3,884,890 Views / 7 Likes) 18,688 Comments

• Newcomer

manny-macias New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Every time i load up a gamecube game on Usb Loader Gx 3.0 it tells me my Config are wrong and to update my loader when its up to date. I heard about the beta version but i have no clue how to download it. Im using a Fat32 HDD btw w/ Dios Mios

• Newcomer

juggalomars New Member

Message Count:
    United States

d.d.d. New Member

Message Count:
    Japan
    It also could be that you installed the 3.0 channel instead of the forwarder. If you are running a beta capable of launching GC games, try running it from HBC to verify if it works or not.

Hielkenator New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    For our convenience, Dimok, Cyan, Giantpune compile every beta release.
    To get this release visit the issues page on on the usb loader gx google page and read the [BETA] Official beta test issue thread for new SVN builds.
    i've allready linked you the official link to the latest beta atm.
    Depending on the version of usb oader gx ( 249, 250 etc. ) you can just replace the boot.dol with the one from the beta pack. Just copy this to your usb loader gx folder on your sd card or hdd
    If your install gives you trouble after a new beta copy, delete the usbloader cfg files and restart the loader. You will start fresh this way.

Latest beta: http://www.mediafire.com/?7kjj0fcr6kcq2p0
    official page: http://www.mediafire.com/?7kjj0fcr6kcq2p0
    [BETA] Official beta test issue thread for new SVN builds : http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-...colspec=ID Type Status Priority Owner Summary

Note that the first time usb loader runs, the app make cache files for the animated banner menu.
    After this is completed usb loader gx will run lightning fast.
    Make sure you have enough space on your sd card, or set your files path from the filespathoption to your usb hdd.

Pressing button 2 while pointing/ highlighting a game, will pop up game details pressing A in the text portion gives more info, also this is where the 3d cover can be viewed. Wiigamedb is neede for this info.
    EVERYTHING can be set and downloaded from the gui.
    Pressing A on the list covers will download covers and disc art etc, the menu bar on the top will let you do all sort of fantastic things. The sky is the limit really in this loader.

Cyan is a really nice guy for all your issues/questions concerning usb loader gx.
    There are a lot of options in this loader, just play around with it and if you stumble upon any questions let us know.
    Last edited by Hielkenator, Jan 1, 2013
    • Global Moderator

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Message Count:
    France
    • Newcomer

doveman New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks. Yeah, I seem to recall I got the RGB SCART when I bought the Wii (as a present) last year, to get the best quality possible out of it.

I've tried PAL50 and PAL60 now and they both just give me a black screen, not even red!
    • Newcomer

doveman New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I've got my Wii set to boot into USB Loader GX. I'm having some trouble updating it as I was updating the files on the HDD but it was obviously installed as a Full Channel and so wasn't using those files but looking to the NAND.

Once I realised that, I uninstalled the channel using both MMM and the Wii Data Management screen but it still seems to be finding the files in the NAND somehow as it's not loading the beta from the HDD or SD when I boot, only if I load the SD copy via the Homebrew Channel.

What else do I need to do to update the version that it loads at boot?
  1. buyme83
    This message by buyme83 has been removed from public view by FIX94, Jan 1, 2013.
    Jan 1, 2013
    • Global Moderator

Message Count:
    France
    I'm not sure to understand correctly.
    I'll tell you what I think should be done.

First, you can keep the full channel installed, it will not conflict with other boot method. But if you don't want it anymore because of the outdated state, you can remove it.

Removing the UNLR Full channel:
    1. use a WAD manager to install again the channel (as you said you have left data of the channel, it's best to install it fully again so the channel is correctly installed)
    2. use a WAD manager again, but this time when you select the .wad file select "uninstall" instead of "install". it will delete the data on your NAND corresponding to that .wad file

installing the Forwarder Channel:
    1. use a WAD manager to install the UNEO forwarder v5.1

both channels (full and forwarder) are available on the googlecode download page (as stand alone, or in the full all-in-one package). They can be installed together without problem (but you will have difficulty to know which channel is the full or the forwarder, unless you launch them, and remember the position on the system menu)

The Forwarder channel will launch the boot.dol located on SD or USB.
    To exit games to the loader instead of the system menu, you can set this:
    In USBLoaderGX settings > Loader settings > Return to > USBLoaderGX (UNEO)

Hielkenator New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    oh yes , sorry about that.
    • Newcomer

simonhwsn New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Is there any risk for using this loader at the time? i've read some stories of bricked wii's but they're from 2009 I'm using latest version. thanks and sorry about my poor english

VashTS Beat it, son

Message Count:
    United States
    i remember that happening, but nothing recently has happened like that at all. Cyan is a very good coder and his work is appreciated. I would never doubt a couple sceners, Cyan being one :)
    • Global Moderator

Message Count:
    France
    Thank you for your last two messages.
    I don't think I'm a very good coder (my coding style is awful, and I'm still learning making it very slow for me to update the loader), But I try not to break things in a way which could damage user's data/hardware.

edit: :shy:
    bm123456 likes this.

VashTS Beat it, son

Message Count:
    United States
    i can see you blushing in that post :) you are good to advance the loader this far compared to us who do not know how to code. i've look at code, i've tried learning but get nothing from it. it just does not make sense to me.

back on topic, @simonhwsn there is nothing to fear from usb loader gx. its becoming the most stable/feature rich loader.

i honestly never have issues with GX, new versions fit smoothly into my file structures unlike other loaders where we need to "clean" install it every so often. im looking at you wiiflow grrrrrr.
    bm123456 likes this.

themanuel New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Sincerely, this community is lucky to have people like Cyan.

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Message Count:
    Chile
    Cyan is nice guy, he always have enough patient to resolve users questions, he and the ULGX team are very solid with upates too =)

d.d.d. New Member

Message Count:
    Japan
    Hey y'all~
    Something I've tried and failed at many times but I want to really get it working now. I want to use Priiloader to auto-boot USBLGX.
    I've tried to "install" that to Priiloader but I've been unsuccessful. Any tips to do that? Where to put the stuff on the SD card etc... Thanks!
    • Global Moderator

Message Count:
    France
    You need to install the forwarder dol, not the main program's dol.

in the all-in-one package, there's a wad/ folder, and inside there are the dols of the channel and the forwarder.

But I heard that it doesn't work correctly (it works, but not very good).
    A user told that he used the Wiiflow forwarder instead (I don't know if he changed the code, or just put gx in the target path)

Do you have Bootmii launched from Boot2?
    There's a program to replace Bootmii by a forwarder, Boot2 will launch the USBLoaderGX directly.

d.d.d. New Member

Message Count:
    Japan
    No my boot2 was over-written by a game update long before I hacked my Wii unfortunately.
    I'll try the forwarder for GX and see how it goes. Thanks~ :D

Yeah I guess I was installing the wrong thing (instead of the forwarder). It works great now! Thanks again :D
    Last edited by d.d.d., Jan 4, 2013

themanuel New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Shouldn't you be able to still install bootmii as long as you have the vulnerable boot1, even if you did those updates?

Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    From the wiibrew website:

The new boot1

Consoles made after some point in 2008 (no concrete date is known) have a new version of boot1 that patches the vulnerability which allows the console to boot a modified boot2. The Hackmii Installer will detect this situation and refuse to modify boot2(see more at Hackmii). Since boot1 cannot be updated, all consoles already manufactured before this update are safe. About 10% of the consoles that ran the BootMii Checker tool have the new boot1
    Along with the System Menu 4.2 update, Nintendo released a new version of boot2 (boot2v4); there is nothing in boot2v4 that prevents BootMii from working, but it will overwrite an existing BootMii installation when it is installed.

The way i read this is that it should be possible to reinstall bootmii from the hackmii installer as long as you have a Wii with a vulnerable boot1.
    Last edited by Etheboss, Jan 4, 2013

SPONSORED LINKS