• Start date
  • Views 7,165,771
  • Replies 29,363
  • Likes 48

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
My games are correctly displayed in 480p when I select Disc default (and Wii set to 480p).
Mine too, most of them, but it seems these older games and ported games do not.

Cyan said:
Maybe the game doesn't support some video mode, so it's using default mode for incompatible mode. (games like No More Heroes USA, and One Piece unlimited Adventure don't have PAL mode at all, I don't know how these games react when forcing to an unavailable mode (I matched my boot.dol to add them))
That's what I thought, but it seemed strange to me that Rune Factory Frontier is displayed in 480i if forced to PAL480p and displayed in 480p when forced to NTSC and NTSC480p.

Cyan said:
Could you test with v2.3 too?
I will, and will report later.

crisash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
@crisash:
which version of the "old" loader is working, and which version of the new loader is not working?

configurable usb loader v70 runing on ios 222
with newest version of this loader (cfg70MODr50) and gx (v3.0), the games doesn't load.
thanks (and sorry by my english)

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried GX v2.3, same results.
Mario Party 8, Tenkaichi 3 and Shinchan are always displayed in 576i, but if they are forced to NTSC or NTSC480p, I get a black screen.
Rune Factory Frontier is always displayed in 480i, except when it is forced to NTSC or NTSC480p, then it is displayed in 480p.

doveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Wii is booting with IOS80 (if you are on system menu 4.3)
USBLoaders are booting with the IOS slot you decide.

By using the cIOS d2x installer, you can select any slot from 200 to 255 (254=bootmii, 220-229 usually where Hermes cIOS are installed, other are free)

Ah, thanks.

Apparently Hermes cIOS does allow use of both ports but not at the same time, which is what I'm trying to do. I'll try d2x-v10-beta53-alt and see if that lets USB Loader GX see my HDD.

So with the cIOS d2x installer, I can select any slot, like 210 and 211, to install to, even though the d2x-v10 wads are named like this?
cIOS249[56]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS250[57]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Ah, thanks.

Apparently Hermes cIOS does allow use of both ports but not at the same time, which is what I'm trying to do. I'll try d2x-v10-beta53-alt and see if that lets USB Loader GX see my HDD.

So with the cIOS d2x installer, I can select any slot, like 210 and 211, to install to, even though the d2x-v10 wads are named like this?
cIOS249[56]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS250[57]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
Some loaders (and a lot of people you as for troubleshooting help from) will just assume that you've installed base 56 in 249, base 57 in 250 and base 58 in 251 which is kinda the unwritten convention most people use.

EDIT : Besides, I think the first time you load GX it will try to load whatever's in 249 or 250 even though you can change that setting later.

doveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Some loaders (and a lot of people you as for troubleshooting help from) will just assume that you've installed base 56 in 249, base 57 in 250 and base 58 in 251 which is kinda the unwritten convention most people use.

EDIT : Besides, I think the first time you load GX it will try to load whatever's in 249 or 250 even though you can change that setting later.

Yeah but I was replying to Cyan, who was telling me how I could keep d2x-v8 installed there (as it definitely works with USB Loader GX and my HDD) and install d2x-v10-alt somewhere else so that I can test it (as you say, by changing the IOS GX boots with, which is a lot quicker than having to keep installing v10 and then reinstalling v8 with MMM).

Reactions: Maxternal

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do not install the WAD file, as it will install in the slot it was designed to.
a wad contains information of the file destination. (the filename has nothing to do, you could rename it "installme.wad, it would still go into slot 249 if it was created with 249 as destination slot)

If you want to install a new cIOS, then use the homebrew "cIOS installer", not a wad manager.
The "cIOS d2x installer" will let you select the slot manually from 200 to 255.

Like Maxternal said, there's nothing forcing you to install the base56 in slot249, it's just what users usually do, and it's easier that everyone (n00b) follow this unspoken-rule.
But if you know what you are doing, use whatever slot you want. (look at my signature, I have cIOS not following the conventional newbie system)

Usually, users are installing their personal cIOS bases in 248, 247, 246, etc., not in 201, 202 (kind of reserved too), 203, etc.

doveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah OK, I thought the cIOS d2x installer could override the information in the WAD and allow me to chose the slot (and base, wish I knew what that means but it's probably not important at the moment!)

So I can only use the zips with the ciosmaps.xml and .app files with cIOS d2x installer?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, just use the correct ciosmaps and folder in the installer.

The base is the IOS used as base for the patches.

For example, if you use "249 base 56" it means that it's using the official IOS 56 as "original IOS", then some patches are applied to that files to add functionalities (usb2.0, re-add signing bug, NAND access rights, etc.), and the resulted files are saved in slot 249.
The slot 249 (which is only a folder named "249" on the Wii flash drive) contains the copy of IOS56 with these patches, it's what is called a "patched IOS" (or for most users a "custom IOS")
slot 236 usually have the patched IOS36 (used by a lot of guide to softmod the Wii)

The IOS used as base is important as it's the one having functions needed for the game. Some games require specific functions, like USB accessories support (Wiispeak, Wii tablet, etc. use IOS58), or hard drive access.
Call of duty require IOS 57, so the game when launched from an USBloader require a base 57 to allow the game to find the function originally found only in IOS57.

90% of games work with a base56 (probably because that IOS has all the functions that all previously released IOS had. Above IOS (57, 58, 59) have specific functions, and I guess they don't have all the other IOS functions in them, only the function needed by specific games, like Dragon Quest X)

Reactions: Arm73

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Guys, I feel kind of silly for asking the same question for the gazelleanth time, but I installed yesterday this loader and can´t play any GC game.
I get that messge saying hat the game is in my hd and get those 3 options: copy to sd, cancel or something else I don't remeber.
I just installed DM 2.6
What must I configure on gx?

Sorry and thank you

miihackwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you need to install DIOSMIOS_v2.6.wad and the RVL-BC-v6.wad, to make it work. I am sure you can find them from a google search.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Guys, I feel kind of silly for asking the same question for the gazelleanth time, but I installed yesterday this loader and can´t play any GC game.
I get that messge saying hat the game is in my hd and get those 3 options: copy to sd, cancel or something else I don't remeber.
I just installed DM 2.6
What must I configure on gx?

Sorry and thank you
What you need is a newer version. You probably have the latest "release" version which is v3.0 but the ability to run GameCube games from a hard drive wasn't invented until AFTER it was released so you'd be best updating to one of the latest betas.
I think r1207 is the latest but r1205 I've heard is more stable so take your pick.

EDIT : Sorry, looks like r1208 is the latest but I don't have the link.

EDIT2 : Here it is http://www.mediafire.com/?uahhi8exdaawmls
and it looks to have some pretty nice / important fixes, too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.