USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by cyrex, Apr 19, 2009.

Apr 19, 2009

USB Loader GX by cyrex at 5:00 PM (3,885,386 Views / 7 Likes) 18,689 Comments

• Newcomer

Sir Toast New Member

Message Count:
    Ireland
    Are you using an RGB SCART, as opposed to a composite SCART? As far as I know, NTSC games will only display the red RGB channel on a PAL Wii, which is what's causing everything to go, er, bloody! Luckily, forcing the video mode to PAL50 or PAL60 should fix it. If not, try the PAL version of Trauma Center instead?

• Newcomer

elsurubi New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Hi, sorry for mi english...wen i try to add a game from the + button, show the error: not enough disk space
    all the games i have run perfect from the usb disk (added with the windows utility wbfs manager)

i am using the last version downloaded from here,, the wii is in 4.3u version, everithing is run perfect execpt the issue above

i have 2 wiis with exactly the same error (both are USA version of Wii)

>Thanks in advance (you have the best loader for wii)
    • Global Moderator

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Message Count:
    France
    You didn't tell where the game should be installed (you can select the partition for installing game in the settings>HDD settings)

You didn't tell how many space left you had on that partition.
    Maybe it's normal that you see this message if you really don't have enough free space to dump a new game.
    But, I suppose that if you report this problem it's because your partition have enough free space.

Does it give that error only for Wii games or with GameCube Games?
    What the size of the game you try to dump ? (the detected size of the game is sometime VERY wrong, like few Tb big, instead of 4GB)

I already had the game size wrong, but it seems it fixed itself with newer revision.
    Which version/revision of the loader are you using?
    • Newcomer

elsurubi New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    • You didn't tell where the game should be installed (you can select the partition for installing game in the settings>HDD settings)
    Settings>HDD = WBSF 111.45GB (in the main page show: 80.52GB of 111.45Gb) ---deleted 3 games

• Does it give that error only for Wii games or with GameCube Games?
    I only have WII games

• What the size of the game you try to dump ?
    were can i find that value?

• Which version/revision of the loader are you using?
    downloaded today from the first page in this tutorial (all in one package v3.0)
    where is that value in the loader?
    • Global Moderator

Message Count:
    France
    Thanks for the two first answers.
    At least, it's not your HDD size.

When you go to the (+) menu, to dump a game, I think it gives you the size of the game to dump. If it doesn't show the size in that menu, you can see it elsewhere.
    Go to settings > Gui settings > Game Window : Set "rotating disc"
    Now go back to the main menu and insert your disc. It will ask if you want to install or mount. choose Mount, like if you wanted to play the game from disc.
    You will see the disc rotating, and the detected game size.

The version on the first page is v3.0 (this is the latest stable release)

Try this version.
    Extract the boot.dol located in the folder "IOS249"
    and place it in your SD/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol (replace the existing file)
    • Newcomer

elsurubi New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Dear God Cyan, the problem are not in the loader, sorry for the inconvenience
    i put 4 games in the wii, and show no size (not enough space error when try to install)
    so i grab a 3 old games, and show the size and installed perfect

AGAIN,SORRY, MY APOLOGIES

one last question, do you recomend the WBFS to fat32 conversion? using the tool in your signature?
    • Global Moderator

Message Count:
    France
    I'm far from being a god, but thanks.

It's strange that some games don't show the size at all.
    The bug I had was reporting a very big size. and now you report a "no size" at all. 3.0 is weird :p
    If you test the r1207mod01 which I linked, tell me if it fix the problem.

I don't recommend choosing WBFS format if you don't have it yet.
    But if you have the WBFS, it's up to you to decide based on the fact that WBFS can corrupt the games easily (sometime installing a new game overwrite parts of another games, rendering it useless).
    by looking at the table of used block, multiple games share the same "block of data", but the manager don't know which game is that data, you would have to test each of your games to test if they are full or missing files.

Advantage of WBFS is that some problematic games with FAT32 are working fine on WBFS (usually dual layered games which freeze). But NTFS is also a good solution for that problem.

FAT32 is better because you can use that partition easily on your computer for everything else, for Homebrew, Emulated Wii NAND and GameCube backup.
    If you don't NEED the wbfs format for a specific reason (testing purpose, etc.), then converting is probably a good idea.

kirbymaster101 New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    Does the d2x-alt cios affect the partial nand emulation saves at all for usbloader gx? I want to be able to use two usb ports and plug and play usb devices(can anyone elaborate more what this acutally does) Dont care on using Sneek and stuff since I just use postloader to load my VC/Wiiware,
    • Global Moderator

Message Count:
    France
    I think the plug and play refer to USB accessories (Wii-draw tablet, microphones, wiispeak, etc.)
    not the HDD with the backup, as it's to the USBLoader to check for the presence of the HDD and refresh its game list.

Dual port will work with d2x-alt, just enable either "port1" or "both" in the settings > HDD setting if you want both at the same time.
    If you enable "both", you should also allow "multi partition" mode to list all partition at the same time (or else the "both" has no interest).

I don't think d2x-alt change anything about the Partial EmuNAND save feature of the loader.
    Select your EmuNAND save path, and set the mode to Partial, it will (should) work fine.

Maybe it will not work if you launch a game from one port and set the EmuNAND path to the other port (I didn't test, you will tell us the result ;) )

If the partial mode doesn't work with the alt, try with the non alt version (and port0).
    • Newcomer

Anous New Member

Message Count:
    Sweden
    I just got me one Transcend 32gb USB 3.0 sticks, but my Wii couldn't use it, at least not in WBFS format. Loader GX couldn't even find it, and WiiFlow crashed when I a game. I am now formatting it to NTFS and transferring my games on it. Have anyone else experienced this issue?

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Message Count:
    Chile
    Quick question, how can I change the game name displayed by ULGX?
    I need change the name displayed "Ōkami" to "Okami".
    I'm using wiitdb.

I read somewhere you can override game names by using titles.txt in the same folder as wiitdb.xml, but not sure if it only works with CFG or not.
    • Global Moderator

Message Count:
    France
    title.txt was replaced by gametdb.xml
    If you don't update wiitdb.xml very often, edit the game name in the xml.

If you update it often, replace the name temporarilly in the Title cache of the loader.
    1. Settings > Gui settings > Window mode: Rotating disc
    2. Click on a game to open the game window
    3. Click on the title of the game above the rotating disc to rename the game
    4. Force a title's sort (disable/enable favorite or change the sorting order)

It "should" work.
    If it doesn't work, maybe there's a problem with the cache file.
    You can enable/disable the cache in the
    settings > features> cache title name
    and do not use "force games title from Disc", as it will always read the real names on the ISO instead of the one in the cache.

I think the title renaming is still not very intuitive/working.
    It might need a fix.

@Anous:
    If 3GB WBFS partition is not working, you could partition the drive to make two partitions.
    WBFS is deprecated.
    NTFS is compatible, but not working with other homebrew/EmuNAND/GameCube Backups
    FAT32 is working fine
    ext (Linux format) is like NTFS.

It could be that it's your HDD that is not detecting, and not the format of the partition.
    In which case, try it with ONE game, do not copy all your games to your NTFS partition for nothing.

Try different version of cIOS.

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Message Count:
    Chile
    It worked, thanks :)
    • Newcomer

Anous New Member

Message Count:
    Sweden
    Two partitions. Interesting. Any tips on a small software that lets you do that on a USB stick?
    • Global Moderator

Message Count:
    France
    ah, when I've read "usb3.0" I thought it was a big HDD 3Tb+
    I missed the "32GB stick".

Sometime, with USBstick, the problem is that there's no partition table at all, and the loader is expecting one.
    Could you try it with Cfg loader or Wiiflow if the NTFS still doesn't work with GX?
    I think CFG work even if there's no partition table. (I didn't check the sources, another users reported that problem few days ago)

nakata6790 True Player

Message Count:
    Greece
    Merry Christmas to all!

I would like to ask is there an updated loader.bin for devolution? I updated boot.dol to r160 for devo and when started via Devo booter in HBC it plays ok. However, when the same games are launched via GX the games work like they did in the original devo revision i had. Again, i updated the boot.dol for devo in the path that GX sees and i also updated the GX boot.dol to r1205 (last stable vesrion iirc). Still the same issue. So, is there an updated loader.bin file for devo?

Second, is there a way to isolate the extra lines of text for r1203 and onwards? I did the greek translation to r1202 and i would like to update it.

Thanks and happy holidays everyone :yaywii:
    Last edited by nakata6790, Dec 29, 2012
    • Newcomer

Anous New Member

Message Count:
    Sweden

It worked! Thanks!
    • Newcomer

juggalomars New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Just tried copying Tales of Symphonia from USB to SD and the loader only copied disc 1. As for transfer speed, it was maybe 100-200 kb/s faster than wiixplorer.

EDIT: Oh and apparently it reports to winnertag after the transfer even if you don't start the game @.@
    • Global Moderator

Message Count:
    France
    The "USB to SD" menu is not supporting disc2 yet (same with the Delete game menu).
    Also, the Game size report doesn't add both disc sizes yet.
    If you think of another menu using Disc2 which I forgot, let me know.

Thanks for reporting the winnertag bug, I'll check what's wrong with it.
    • Newcomer

manny-macias New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Every time i load up a gamecube game on Usb Loader Gx 3.0 it tells me my Config are wrong and to update my loader when its up to date. I heard about the beta version but i have no clue how to download it. Im using a Fat32 HDD btw w/ Dios Mios

SPONSORED LINKS