• Views 7,203,279
  • Replies 29,370
  • Likes 48

Santos66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a bit of a problem here. I'm trying to load Wii Sports Resort but it's not working. It shows up on the list but when I try to load it up, it gives me a blackscreen for 6-8 seconds and then just returns to the Wii menu. I tried out 2 different ISO's of the game and neither worked. Super Mario Galaxy 2 loads just fine though. Please help.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone here heard of any Wii games that when played on a Wii U's vWii using USB Loader GX can cause a brick? Because my wife really wants to play Wii Fit Plus but I remember seeing some posts a while ago saying that their vWii became semi bricked after playing that game. The links to the posts are below:

http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?31,73834,73834

https://gbatemp.net/threads/vwii-sysem-files-are-corrupted.353457/

I'm currently in Japan on business until the end of the month but my wife really wants to play this now. (Part of her New Years Resolution to work out more). I already have the game installed, using the latest USB Loader GX version (1260), I have a backup of my nand and backups of all my IOSes as WADs. Everything is all ready for her to just pick the game in USB Loader GX and play it like normal so I know she isn't going to be messing with anything she shouldn't. Please let me know if I am being paranoid. Or if it is a possibility if there are any settings I could apply to that game to make it less of a risk. Thanks.

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only way to reinstall HBC is using Hackmii installer.
1.1.0 does not automatically prompt the user to update, because 1.1.2 is a small fix (added wiiu compatibility).

Just download hackmii installer, extract it to /apps/hackmiiinstaller/boot.elf
and launch it from HBC like any other homebrew.
I did this but it doesn't show anything in homebrew to install it

hennadee

Trophies
XP
Country
I keep getting constant lag/slowdown of the Wiimote on the loader's menu. It seems to come and go, by which I mean upon first loading it'll be fine for a short while, but then after an indeterminate time it will start to lag. Occasionally the lag will stop, only to return again shortly after. This was present on both my initial install, and the two updates I did as I'd followed an older tutorial and after updating from googlecode noticed that the project was moved to sourceforge and so updated again from there. The issue is still present. Should I update my IOS? The installer I used for IOS was IOS236 Installer/Uninstaller v3.2 IOS58 rev6432, and I used cIOSX rev20B Installer to install onto IOS236, IOS56 v5661 at IOS249 and IOS38 v4123 at IOS250. Do I need to update any of this?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a bit of a problem here. I'm trying to load Wii Sports Resort but it's not working. It shows up on the list but when I try to load it up, it gives me a blackscreen for 6-8 seconds and then just returns to the Wii menu. I tried out 2 different ISO's of the game and neither worked. Super Mario Galaxy 2 loads just fine though. Please help.

Try ripping it yourself? It could be bad ISOs. The game definitely works with just d2x IOS249[56].

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
seems like a bad dump, even if you said you tried different ISO.
It could be a bad IOS slot too, be sure to reset the game settings, of verify that you correctly installed the IOS in the slot you are using for that game.

I remember seeing some posts a while ago saying that their vWii became semi bricked after playing that game.
I wasn't aware of that issue.
I don't think it's an issue with the game, or with the loader, or a lot more user report would exist. panmusic is not the only one playing wifit ;)

I don't know what triggered his issue. Tueidj helped him but it didn't fix the issue. Joostin found that his time bias (for time zone) was wrong (few years instead of hours). I don't know if it was ever fixed.
so, I don't know if the issue is related to the messages board (wiifit is posting on it), or the save, as he deleted both and the issue still happened.

What you could do to be EXTRA safe, is use neek or neek2o to play that game.
but it SHOULD work fine without neek, I just can't tell you it's 100% safe as nothing is.

I keep getting constant lag/slowdown of the Wiimote on the loader's menu.[...]and I used cIOSX rev20B Installer
that's your issue. rev20 had a bug.
You are very outdated.

You should update your cIOS by using d2x installer For Wii console:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ggh53tj9hhp1tr/d2x-cios-installer-3.1-v6-v7-v8-v10-wii.7z

You don't need 236 anymore.
You need the network access, as it will download IOS from nintendo's servers before patching them.

You need this :
d2x v8 final
slot249
base 56
revision 21008

install, then do the same with slot 250 and base57.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

Wii sport resort requires Wii motion plus so make sure you have that and turn on "block IOS reload" (if your ULGX is up to date, it should be automatic) and also the possibility of a bad dump - at least use WiiBackupManager to verify the SHA-1.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
block IOS reload works since d2x v7 (maybe he has outdated cIOS), and yes it should be enabled automatically if d2x is detected, unless he messed with his settings.

that's only if you never watched the wiimote+ video that it reloads to that video.
if you already watched it onces, you don't need the block IOS reload anymore.
if you never watched it, and it blackscreen, you can bypass the reload process by loading the video directly:

1. game>option>game settings>alt dol> from disc, select the dol "video.dol", save and launch the game to see the video.
2. return to the loader, reset the game's setting to remove altdol option, and the game will not try to load the video.dol anymore as you already watched it.

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I've decided to use priiloader so that my Wii boots directly into USBLoaderGX. I decided to enabled real Nand from the Loader Mode menu so that I could have quick access to my System Menu's channel forwarders. The problem I'm having is that a few of the forwarders don't work when trying to run them from inside USBLoaderGX.

Last we spoke, Cyan, you mentioned that you thought the issue might be because USBLGX is reloading to cIOS causing the forwarder to lose AHB access. You also mentioned that not all homebrew requires AHB access and that some channels/forwarders may not need to activate AHB for the homebrew to work.

I noticed that 3 of the 4 homebrew apps I'm trying to run don't require AHB access. What would I need to modify to get these forwarders working inside of USBLoaderGX? Is there a default IOS that I should use for the forwarders that don't require AHB access?

hennadee

Trophies
XP
Country
Two small additional issues:
1- When on settings, should I open a 'path' setting, I don't get the file explorer, the previous list just disappears and nothing happens.
2- I had previously copied a game onto a WBFS partition, but reformatted it later, without first copying off the game thinking I'd just re-dump it. Every time I try to do so, the dialog starts at 100% and does nothing. Other games are dumping with no issues.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two small additional issues:
1- When on settings, should I open a 'path' setting, I don't get the file explorer, the previous list just disappears and nothing happens.
2- I had previously copied a game onto a WBFS partition, but reformatted it later, without first copying off the game thinking I'd just re-dump it. Every time I try to do so, the dialog starts at 100% and does nothing. Other games are dumping with no issues.

What game? And why WBFS partition? It's old and not very reliable compared to FAT32.

hennadee

Trophies
XP
Country
What game? And why WBFS partition? It's old and not very reliable compared to FAT32.

I initially followed an older guide for setting this up that used WBFS. I dumped Super Mario Galaxy successfully but had problems after that until I updated. I then reformatted to one NTFS and one FAT32 partition after having done the update, but I didn't copy the original dump from the WBFS partition, which I'd erased. Now, when I try to re-dump it, the progress bar goes straight to 100% and nothing else happens. Time remaining is 0, as is transfer speed. I'm wondering whether I should redo the softmod from scratch.

Amontre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hello, i finally manage to setup neek2o with boot and all. Once i load up USB Loader GX i can see all my VC on emunand (USB1) loaded. All games are working perfectly including big N64 title such as Super Smash.

My issue is when i exit the game it will go back to system menu instead of USB Loader GX, any idea how do i set it to exit to USB Loader GX without loosing the neek2o boot ?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i finally manage to setup neek2o with boot and all. Once i load up USB Loader GX i can see all my VC on emunand (USB1) loaded. All games are working perfectly including big N64 title such as Super Smash.

My issue is when i exit the game it will go back to system menu instead of USB Loader GX, any idea how do i set it to exit to USB Loader GX without loosing the neek2o boot ?

It's not possible. The only way to exit the NEEK environment is rebooting the console and that wipes out the returnto pointer.

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not possible. The only way to exit the NEEK environment is rebooting the console and that wipes out the returnto pointer.
It's possible if he uses the priiloader method. It'll boot the Wii directly into USBLoaderGX bypassing the System Menu. Making it so that every time he exits Neek2o, it reboots the Wii, which automatically loads directly into USBLoaderGX.

Edit: I now use USBLoaderGX to access everything on my Wii, even the System Menu channels. I have no need for the actual System Menu anymore.

Last edited by portugeek,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible if he uses the priiloader method. It'll boot the Wii directly into USBLoaderGX bypassing the System Menu. Making it so that every time he exits Neek2o, it reboots the Wii, which automatically loads directly into USBLoaderGX.

Edit: I now use USBLoaderGX to access everything on my Wii, even the System Menu channels. I have no need for the actual System Menu anymore.

That's true, but that is technically after you're exited the NEEK environment. :) You're just intercepting the system menu boot with the loader.

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right. The cool thing is that it happens so seamlessly that it feels like "return to". I tend to not think of it as an interception as much as a redirection. Kinda like a train approaching a switch track, and instead of going left it goes right.

It definitely feels fast upon initial boot up because the Wii instantly starts loading up USBLoaderGX as it powers on. The time it takes the Wii to get to the loaders main menu is the same, if not faster than, the time it takes for it to get to the System Menu.

Chunbe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm not what causes this but after updating USB Loader GX to r1260 on my original Wii, my Gamecube controller stopped working with supported Wii games like Brawl. Oddly, it works fine with Nintendon't games and on the loader itself which is peculiar.

Another thing that broke is the is the in-game Home Menu "Wii Menu" button just gets me stuck on a black screen. These issues doesn't occur in vWii on my Wii U and in the old revision. Already tried reinstalling my cios (d2x v10 beta52) so only culprit I can think of is this or my system getting corrupt (which I really hope is not the case.)

Gonna try other loaders to see if these issues show up there too.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The loader has no effect on the controller compatibility.
It launches the game, then the game initialize the input (controllers, wiimotes, etc.), if it's a wii game there's nothing the loader can do.
unless you use a wireless controller, I think you need to plug it before launching the loader.

portugeek: I think you currently can't set IOS58 for the game's IOS in the settings.
I will have to modify that. there's nothing you can do I think, except run the homebrew from the homebrew menu instead of using a channel. it's a forwarder, so your dol is on SD (or usb?)
load HB menu, find your homebrew and launch it.

I received the WD HDD.
I won't try today to fix the detection issue, but just letting you know that I got it. I will have to see if the drive (and my consoles, wii, wiiu) has the same issue than other users.
I hope, so I can see what happens by myself.

Reactions: Clutz450

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watermelon guava tomato sauce and mozzarella not too sure about that +1