GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
EVERY Gamecube banner have custom sound to it
that's the contrary.
Gamecube games has NO animated banner or sound (only a savegame icon), so we added a default one (the one which display the game icon, with the default gamecube sound used by the wii system menu).

If you want a nice banner, with a nice sound, you need to download custom made banners.
it's available in the same menu where you download covers. it appears if you have gamecube option enabled. it will download animated banners made by gbatemp user AbdallahTerro.

http://www.amazon.fr/Western-Digita...F8&qid=1452292633&sr=8-1&keywords=wd+elements
That's mine. It's self powered (Y-cable so even if you bought it elsewhere it should be fine.( And I GUARANTEE you it will exhibit the same behavior that mine)
I'm buying one. I need precisions :
1. do you have 1TB or 2TB version? I think 1TB is enough for me, but I could use it to store my PC files on it too. (I don't have lot of games, so it won't be reserved for console)
2. it says "usb cable provided", is it a simple or y-cable? there's no picture. I guess I'll have to buy a usb3 y-cable to use with wiiu?

3. did you format it to fat32 or ntfs? (that's not an info for my order, but just to know if I'll have to format it when I receive it, I want to be setup like you to be sure I get the same setup)

edit:
I bought 1TB with an additional usb3.0 y-cable, I don't think they provide a Y one.

BlazeHeatnix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know Gamecube games have no banners by themselves. I know the ones I download are AbdallahTerro's animated ones, and I'm downloading using the Cover download menu. I have the Gamecube option enabled. Most of them don't have sound to them though.

I'll download the same ones through Nintendont itself and see if there's a discrepancy.

BlazeHeatnix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, nevermind. For some reason I thought all banners had custom sound but according to AbdallahTerro's website, that's not the case. Alright. I thought the loader simply wasn't downloading custom sound or something.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The custom banners are Wii banners. The defaults are composited ones that just use the banner image on the Gamecube disc and it's only 96x32 with no audio.

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Squirps : I'll check the network request, but I thought it was fixed few revision ago.

jbuck:
version3 (or "all in one") is two years old.
latest release (not latest version) is revision 1260.
you see the revision number on the boot screen. If you don't, then you have an old one.

to launch channels, you need IOS58 installed on your console.
to know if you have IOS58, go into The Homebrew Channel, and press Home button. If you see "IOS58" at the top, it's fine.
if you don't see it, you will have to resoftmod your console (or just install IOS58, then reinstall HBC)

To change a game, you press Home > Exit
if you have the forwarder installed, you can return to the USBLoader when exiting a game instead of returning to the system menu.
you need to edit the Settings>Loader settings>return to : select USBLoaderGX, or UNEO.
I've got my usbloader to start read usb drive again, deleted all sd card and copied just the usb loader gx files on it. Put the rev1260 on it. Still having problems with forwarder.

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I resoftmod it or put homebrew back on the wii after putting ios58 on it.
Got it working. I just installed ios58. Didn't have to reinstall homebrew.

Last edited by jbuck1975,

Squirps

Official Squirps of GBATemp.net™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Squirps : I'll check the network request, but I thought it was fixed few revision ago.

jbuck:
version3 (or "all in one") is two years old.
latest release (not latest version) is revision 1260.
you see the revision number on the boot screen. If you don't, then you have an old one.

to launch channels, you need IOS58 installed on your console.
to know if you have IOS58, go into The Homebrew Channel, and press Home button. If you see "IOS58" at the top, it's fine.
if you don't see it, you will have to resoftmod your console (or just install IOS58, then reinstall HBC)

To change a game, you press Home > Exit
if you have the forwarder installed, you can return to the USBLoader when exiting a game instead of returning to the system menu.
you need to edit the Settings>Loader settings>return to : select USBLoaderGX, or UNEO.
Sounds good, thank you! :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How do I resoftmod it or put homebrew back on the wii after putting ios58 on it.
Got it working. I just installed ios58. Didn't have to reinstall homebrew.
You SHOULD reinstall the homebrew channel, or you will have issues with lot of homebrew launched from HBC if HBC is not using IOS58.

Installing IOS58 is not enough to make HBC use it, you need to install the IOS and reinstall HBC.
You can see in HBC > Home button > top right of the screen.
it's probably using IOS61, or 36, or anything else than 58 even if you just installed 58.

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You SHOULD reinstall the homebrew channel, or you will have issues with lot of homebrew launched from HBC if HBC is not using IOS58.

Installing IOS58 is not enough to make HBC use it, you need to install the IOS and reinstall HBC.
it's probably using IOS61, or 36, or anything else than 58 even if you just installed 58.
Ok. I'll do it. Thanks

I'm having some trouble with call of duty black ops. Its a black screen then it freezes the we. Is there a fix for that?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I'll do it. Thanks

I'm having some trouble with call of duty black ops. Its a black screen then it freezes the we. Is there a fix for that?

Black Ops requires IOS57 so you'll want to use slot 250 from GX assuming you installed d2x as IOS249[56] and IOS250[57]. Just Dance and I think any microphone games also need it.

You can change the loader IOS for just one game in Settings>Loader from the banner screen where you start the game.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black Ops requires IOS57 so you'll want to use slot 250 from GX assuming you installed d2x as IOS249[56] and IOS250[57]. Just Dance and I think any microphone games also need it.

You can change the loader IOS for just one game in Settings>Loader from the banner screen where you start the game.
How do I do that? Change the slot to 250

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I do that? Change the slot to 250

Just pick the game from the loader. You should see an options for "Settings" and "Start". Click Settings and in the menu there should be an option for Loader where you can change the boot IOS for just that game.

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cant firgure out how to update the homebrew channel. I downloaded bootmii files.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cant firgure out how to update the homebrew channel. I downloaded bootmii files.

The Homebrew channel updates itself if you have your Wii connected to the internet. Hit the home button while it's running and if you have 1.1.2 you've got the latest version. It hasn't been modified in years.

If you download the latest HackMii installer it will have that version.

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Homebrew channel updates itself if you have your Wii connected to the internet. Hit the home button while it's running and if you have 1.1.2 you've got the latest version. It hasn't been modified in years

If you download the latest HackMii installer it will have that version.
I've only got 1.1.0. Ios61 v21.29 I'm connected to Internet

Last edited by jbuck1975,

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... go get this and try it, then. ;)

That should get you on the latest version of the HBC and BootMii.

It should show you're on 1.1.2 using IOS58 afterwards unless you haven't updated to the 4.3 System Menu.
I'm on 4.2u. I've downloaded that file but don't know what t do with it

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the only way to reinstall HBC is using Hackmii installer.
1.1.0 does not automatically prompt the user to update, because 1.1.2 is a small fix (added wiiu compatibility).

Just download hackmii installer, extract it to /apps/hackmiiinstaller/boot.elf
and launch it from HBC like any other homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen a bunny rabbit get swept up and taken by a hawk yesterday in my back yard, it left a bunch of rabbit hair in grass. Wild to see it fly off carrying a rabbit.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, was Luke that Bunny rabbit?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a small rabbit without lipstick, or no UFO propaganda
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was Leo the hawk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't see any kissing and loving, so prob not
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    True hawks have more pride
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [awaits K3Nv2's remarks for me] :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, would be a better lover to luke he knows how to get in personal space better
    [sips my ☕ ]
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The other night was watching tv in my screened in porch, and heard something walking on my porch roof, thought maybe it was a raccoon, so I grabbed my rifle and went out to look, it was just a duck, lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shoot the duck free meal
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not allowed here in Ohio without Duck hunting permit, n it not in season yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just say it was trespassing and you thought it was ancientboi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We can shoot racoon, possums, skunks, cayottes tho
    +1
    I can shoot guys :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not from more than 2 feet tho
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You confuse shooting for milking
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, hasn't shot anything since 1938
    +2
    I think that was "The great depression" time
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It like one of those fake guns, that shoot, then a flag comes out and says, "splash"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah a world War wasn't going on or anything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Americans lied about camps for propaganda
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Americans lied about camps for propaganda