• Views 7,197,776
  • Replies 29,370
  • Likes 48

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D: I should start learning how to compile it :P, btw these option still present in the latest official build?

Yes, they just don't do anything so I took them out to reduce the memory footprint.

It's really easy to compile it. You only need devKitPro and the 7z file with the portlibs in it that Cyan put up on the repository. :)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
@Cyan if you release v3.1 do you plan on adding support for running games off SD? I don't plan on using it though I did need it one time which is how I found out it doesn't work" but I feel USBLGX is falling behind because of this one missing option and seeing how it's my favorite loader I'd like it to be on bar with the competition :P

Anyway, looking forward to what you got in store, the idea of a new overall design makes me excited and nervous at the same time.

Skanob

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello people and @Cyan ,

I'm back with a need of help. First, let's have a look in what I've got/did/had:

Nintendo Wii:
- Properly hacked
- USB Loader GX
- Dumped EmuNand using USB Loader GX on SD Card
- Game Saves are on EmuNand as USB Loader GX Partial EmuNand Save.

Nintendo WiiU (just recently bought, second hand):
- Properly hacked vWii
- USB Loader GX
- Dumped EmuNand using USB Loader GX on SD Card

What I wanted to do:
- Game Saves looking to transfer from old Wii EmuNand to vWii WiiU EmuNand

So, how will I be able to do this? I've read that you cannot use the EmuNand of a Wii to vWii that it may cause a brick? Any app that will let me do this?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

P.S.
I've read on other posts/forums that when using an HDD for vWii , you must have a Y-Cable that the HDD should be connected to a separate power source and NOT from the WiiU itself. I don't know if this is anything new, but the HDD I'm using has a Y-Cable indeed (definitely cannot detect HDD without additional power) but connected to the other USB socket of the WiiU, and it works perfectly! :)

Last edited by Skanob,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sonictopfan :
I don't think I will add it for v3.1, I wanted to only fix remaining bugs for the release and not add new features (which will introduce more bugs thanks to my coding ability ahah)

skanob:
Y-cable are meant to use 2 USB ports, so your setup is fine.
the data plug connected to port0 (top port of wiiu back), and power plug connected to any other usb port to provide more power to the drive.

For emuNAND, this is only the savegames for the wii games, or also the channels ?
To transfer the saves, I think you can merge the savegame folders.

title/00010000/ <-- Wii disc based savegames
title/00010001/ <-- Channels (wiiware and VC) game data AND savegames
title/00010004/ <-- Wii channel based savegames (mario kart, wiifit, rabbids)

For the wii disc based games, copy the full /00010000/ folder
For the channels (wii, vc, wiiware), maybe you should merge only the /data/ folder (savegames), not the content folder (actual game's code)
title/00010001/TitleID/data/
title/00010004/TitleID/data/

If you merge folders, I think you shouldn't add non existent games, only add saves for games already installed to wiiu emuNAND.
But be sure to keep a backup before merging.
Another method for the channel type games is to use ShowMiiWad in NAND mode, backup saves from all your Wii NAND installed titles and restore them to the wiiu emuNAND.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
@Cyan Come on, your coding skills are far better than I could ever achieve, but I understand what you say, anyway good luck with your updates :)

@Skanob dude, you just asked a question that is helpful for me too, I have exactly the same set up with also a properly hacked Wii "bought new" and a non-hacked WiiU "second hand".

I'm still hesitant about hacking my WiiU though it doesn't seem difficult but I'm worried to lose the ability to use GC controllers plus I use my WiiU for WiiU gaming and I got tons of games for it (you should see how I hooked two sensor bars on the top of my TV one for Wii and one for WiiU) but I'm planning on hacking it one day and I already have SSBB in case I needed it, what you have asked is very helpful for me too :)

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have problem with USB Loader GX with Nintendont. Wii game won't work anymore because I use Nintendont for GC game. So how can I fix this to let me play wii game? Everytime I load wii game, it send me back homebrew channel and wii menu. Also froze once again. Even first time load, it wont work. Seem USB Loader GX have alot of bug.

Skanob

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
skanob:
For emuNAND, this is only the savegames for the wii games, or also the channels ?
To transfer the saves, I think you can merge the savegame folders.

title/00010000/ <-- Wii disc based savegames
title/00010001/ <-- Channels (wiiware and VC) game data AND savegames
title/00010004/ <-- Wii channel based savegames (mario kart, wiifit, rabbids)

For the wii disc based games, copy the full /00010000/ folder
For the channels (wii, vc, wiiware), maybe you should merge only the /data/ folder (savegames), not the content folder (actual game's code)
title/00010001/TitleID/data/
title/00010004/TitleID/data/

If you merge folders, I think you shouldn't add non existent games, only add saves for games already installed to wiiu emuNAND.
But be sure to keep a backup before merging.
Another method for the channel type games is to use ShowMiiWad in NAND mode, backup saves from all your Wii NAND installed titles and restore them to the WiiU emuNAND.

I have tested what you've mentioned, but unfortunately it didn't work.

I tried using Save Game Manager GX to clean and delete all save games I don't really need backed up from the EmuNand. And also "extracted" the save games to the SD Card, as a last resort.

Then backed up the EmuNand folder "title/00010000/" and copied/overwrite to the other.

Tried on the vWii USB Loader GX but it didn't read it. Paths are set correctly.

After all the testing that I've tried, I have concluded that USB Loader GX isn't reading/using my EmuNand off the SD Card (this is on the vWii WiiU). Regardless of what the "Nand Save Emulation" settings was set to "Disabled, Partial, Full"? While we are on the topic of that specific settings do, what does partial do?

I have tried to redownload everything (to the latest version/revision) and made sure that I've got the vWii version accordingly to their availability. But it still is the same.

SD Card issue? It wouldn't be because all homebrew app works and was able to hack vWii, backup nand, and IOSes using the same 2GB SD Card. I have only changed/installed 3 cIOSes with the correct base 56 to 58, slot 249 to 251 with d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii.

The method of transferring/using save backups that worked for me was using Save Game Manager GX to "install" them to the vWii Nand. I guess no EmuNand for me, for now.

Unless I'm really doing something wrong?

I don't know how and why: USB Loader GX works fine on my original Wii and is using EmuNand off the SD Card (confirmed by installing the save game from EmuNand to vWii Nand, continuing progress of said game save).

Current setup:
- WiiU 5.4.0E
- vWii normal/official version (can't check, currently at work, editing)
- d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii base 56 to 58, slot 249 to 251
- USB Loader GX v3.0 r1256 downloaded from main website, started from scratch
- EmuNand dumped using USB Loader GX
- Save Game Manager GX vWii version r127
- 2GB non-SDHC Card (used to hack vWii from scratch)
- 500GB dual partition originally set for old Wii (Y-cable powered for vWii WiiU)

USB Loader GX can detect channels from EmuNand. Games all work fine from the HDD, except for USB Loader GX not using the EmuNand on the SD Card even if "Nand Save Emulation" is set to "Full".

@Skanob dude, you just asked a question that is helpful for me too, I have exactly the same set up with also a properly hacked Wii "bought new" and a non-hacked WiiU "second hand".

I'm still hesitant about hacking my WiiU though it doesn't seem difficult but I'm worried to lose the ability to use GC controllers plus I use my WiiU for WiiU gaming and I got tons of games for it (you should see how I hooked two sensor bars on the top of my TV one for Wii and one for WiiU) but I'm planning on hacking it one day and I already have SSBB in case I needed it, what you have asked is very helpful for me too :)

To be honest, I didn't expect hacking vWii on a WiiU is a LOT less complex and less time-consuming than the original Wii.

Using Nintendon-t, I think it has support for GC Controller Adapters straight to your WiiMote.

Two suggestions for your two sensor bars:
1. Replace both sensor bars with Single Wireless Sensor Bar. AFAIK, the Sensor Bar emits a non-visible light from its LED that the WiiMote picks up, and is not specific to something (hence, using two candle lights works too). I am currently using my Wii Sensor bar on my WiiU.

2. Use Single Wired Sensor Bar BUT with spliced two connectors. I'm no technician/electrician guru, but I do think that the Wired Sensor Bar has only Power and Ground (Postivie and Negative) to turn on the said LED. Splicing/separating/wire-jacking to two connectors shouldn't make a difference (I hope). Still, above is the best way to go.

P.S
It's not as important but with the help of Save Game Manager GX, I was able to backup my EmuMii-s too. But I can't seem to install it on either vWii Nand or EmuNand. Error message says can't copy data?

P.P.S.
I've updated my sig to make it easier to know my current setup.

Last edited by Skanob,
Reactions: sonictopfan

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
@Skanob Thank you for the reply, I found hacking Wii wasn't difficult at all, in fact I think it's the easiest console I ever hacked "less we count burning self-boot cdi files to a Dreamcast disc" so hearing it's not difficult on WiiU makes me less worried, though I still don't own a GC to USB converter of any sort "I was about to buy one at one point then decided not to" and I really don't like using Wii remote for Nintendont, I'm thinking of buying some classic controllers instead seems to me like the better option.

As for using a wireless sensor I happen to have one (just have to look for it) but I never liked it because it eats up the battery, but if you're sure it automatically works for both consoles I might end up using it, I wish I thought about this two days ago before having to go through all that wiring shit to duct tape both sensors on the top of my TV while my nieces and sister were playing, oh well.

About moving data over to the WiiU I wasn't planning on moving my Mii since I prefer the one I made on the WiiU and 3DS over the old one I have on Wii, but I wonder if this would affect my save files associated with my old Mii, also is it possible to back up all my saves from the regular Wii over to the WiiU? Or even better if there was an easy and safe way to move my entire Wii NAND over to the vWii through hacking? I never really used the vWii mode on my WiiU anyway so it would be awesome if that was possible.

Skanob

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Skanob Thank you for the reply, I found hacking Wii wasn't difficult at all, in fact I think it's the easiest console I ever hacked "less we count burning self-boot cdi files to a Dreamcast disc" so hearing it's not difficult on WiiU makes me less worried, though I still don't own a GC to USB converter of any sort "I was about to buy one at one point then decided not to" and I really don't like using Wii remote for Nintendont, I'm thinking of buying some classic controllers instead seems to me like the better option.

I reckon I used half the time I took to successfully and properly hack my Wii than the vWii. I guess since I already know I have an idea on what to do and expect and didn't bother doing the non-important hacks.

To use your GC Controller on vWii on backup loaders, the only way as of the moment is to use a GC Controller to WiiMote Adapter. Nintendon't is the only one that I've used and tried, but I don't have that adapter as I am using the Wii Classic Controller for it, and WiiWare and VCs. Physically different, but closest to an official controller will be the Wii Classic Pro Controller.

As for using a wireless sensor I happen to have one (just have to look for it) but I never liked it because it eats up the battery, but if you're sure it automatically works for both consoles I might end up using it, I wish I thought about this two days ago before having to go through all that wiring shit to duct tape both sensors on the top of my TV while my nieces and sister were playing, oh well.

I have never liked (never used) one of the wireless sensors (advantage is having no cable, disadvantage is battery). I prefer having it on at the same time as the console so always used wired ones. I've bought my WiiU second hand without a sensor as the kid I bought it from only uses the gamepad for his games. Immediately unplugged the old Wii and used the sensor and hacking the vWii I go.

About moving data over to the WiiU I wasn't planning on moving my Mii since I prefer the one I made on the WiiU and 3DS over the old one I have on Wii, but I wonder if this would affect my save files associated with my old Mii, also is it possible to back up all my saves from the regular Wii over to the WiiU? Or even better if there was an easy and safe way to move my entire Wii NAND over to the vWii through hacking? I never really used the vWii mode on my WiiU anyway so it would be awesome if that was possible.

It's not really game breaking (haven't fully tested) without having the Mii transferred. Based on experience and as an example: I used my Mii on my old EmuNand Wii to play Super Mario Galaxy, so my save game icon is my Mii. Upon transferring the save games from EmuNand to vWii Nand, I wasn't able to transfer my Mii and so opening the game gave me an error saying that the icon on my saved game was changed to Mario due to not having to detect the original Mii it was connected to. Apart from that, I can still play the game without any issues. (Planning to finish the game tonight on vWii)

And you can't use your New Miis from the WiiU to your vWii, they are two separate thing. AFAIK and based on experience.

Officially, the WiiU itself has a feature to transfer your save game file (and Miis?) from Wii Nand to the WiiU Nand.

With the EmuNand, its a different story based on my experience and previous post. I'm not too sure if I am the only one can't make USB Loader GX read my EmuNand of SD Card on vWii. I am waiting for my good mate @Cyan to see if I did something wrong..

Last edited by Skanob,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have concluded that USB Loader GX isn't reading/using my EmuNand off the SD Card (this is on the vWii WiiU). Regardless of what the "Nand Save Emulation" settings was set to "Disabled, Partial, Full"? While we are on the topic of that specific settings do, what does partial do?
Your setup seems good based on what you explained.

On Wii, you said you could "copy NAND save to emuNAND and continue from here", are you sure it used the copy and not the internal save? it would have the same progress as it's a copy. If you disable emuNAND save it's back to the original save?

You also said "all the path are correctly set" for vWii emuNAND but if all your other settings are correct I think the path is wrong.
There are two different EmuNAND path in USBLoaderGX : save and channel.

"emuNAND save" path is used for Wii disc based games. it was added first to the loader and users started to used it.
"emuNAND channel" path is used for launching channels only. it was added later, but as users already made their own "partial" emuNAND for wii saves, they didn't want to overwrite and lose their wii savegame progress so we added a different path for channels instead of using save and channel option merged together.

Be sure that settings>user path>emuNAND save folder : is set to the correct path for your wii disc based games saves.
if you only have ONLY ONE emuNAND dump for vWii, you need to target BOTH save and channel path to the same folder.

About the partial and full differences, it's explained every two pages on this thread.
partial = redirect only the savegames. You don't need a full NAND dump, You don't even need a NAND dump at all as USBLoaderGX will create the required emuNAND path if you don't have a dump. it's PARTIAL because only /title/ from the NAND is needed.
full = redirect ALL the NAND to emuNAND. You need an existing FULL dump to use this setting. all the emuNAND files and settings are used (settings, network, wiimote, mii, etc.)

About Mii :
I could backup Wii Mii and restore them to vWii without issue. I don't know why it's telling you that you can't do that.
Maybe a bug in the version you are using? or bad setup, I don't know.
the other possibility is to use wiimote to copy miis.

Note: Nintendon-t was the name of the old URL because "nintendont" was already taken by an old project's URL, the program and project name is "nintendont" (no -t in the name)

Skanob

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Your setup seems good based on what you explained.

On Wii, you said you could "copy NAND save to emuNAND and continue from here", are you sure it used the copy and not the internal save? it would have the same progress as it's a copy. If you disable emuNAND save it's back to the original save?

You also said "all the path are correctly set" for vWii emuNAND but if all your other settings are correct I think the path is wrong.
There are two different EmuNAND path in USBLoaderGX : save and channel.

"emuNAND save" path is used for Wii disc based games. it was added first to the loader and users started to used it.
"emuNAND channel" path is used for launching channels only. it was added later, but as users already made their own "partial" emuNAND for wii saves, they didn't want to overwrite and lose their wii savegame progress so we added a different path for channels instead of using save and channel option merged together.

Be sure that settings>user path>emuNAND save folder : is set to the correct path for your wii disc based games saves.
if you only have ONLY ONE emuNAND dump for vWii, you need to target BOTH save and channel path to the same folder.

About the partial and full differences, it's explained every two pages on this thread.
partial = redirect only the savegames. You don't need a full NAND dump, You don't even need a NAND dump at all as USBLoaderGX will create the required emuNAND path if you don't have a dump. it's PARTIAL because only /title/ from the NAND is needed.
full = redirect ALL the NAND to emuNAND. You need an existing FULL dump to use this setting. all the emuNAND files and settings are used (settings, network, wiimote, mii, etc.)

About Mii :
I could backup Wii Mii and restore them to vWii without issue. I don't know why it's telling you that you can't do that.
Maybe a bug in the version you are using? or bad setup, I don't know.
the other possibility is to use wiimote to copy miis.

Note: Nintendon-t was the name of the old URL because "nintendont" was already taken by an old project's URL, the program and project name is "nintendont" (no -t in the name)

I can confirm that the path is correct. Both EmuNand Save and EmuNand Channel are directed to sd:/nand/

Here is an extract of my USB Loader GX Settings straight from the SD Card:
# USB Loader GX R1256 - Main settings file
# Note: This file is automatically generated
godmode = 1
videomode = 7
videopatch = 0
videoPatchDol = 3
language = 10
ocarina = 0
hddinfo = 1
sinfo = 1
rumble = 1
volume = 80
sfxvolume = 80
gamesoundvolume = 80
tooltips = 1
RememberUnlock = 1
password =
GameSort = 1
LoaderIOS = 249
cios = 249
keyset = 0
xflip = 0
gridRows = 3
quickboot = 0
wsprompt = 0
parentalcontrol = 4
covers_path = sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/images/
covers2d_path = sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/images/2D/
coversFull_path = sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/images/full/
theme_path = sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/theme/
theme =
disc_path = sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/images/disc/
language_path = sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/language/english.lang
languagefiles_path = sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/language/
TxtCheatcodespath = sd:/txtcodes/
titlestxt_path = sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/
gamesound = 1
dolpath = sd:/
ogg_path =
wiilight = 1
gameDisplay = 0
update_path = sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/
homebrewapps_path = sd:/apps/
BNRCachePath = sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/cache_bnr/
Cheatcodespath = sd:/codes/
BcaCodepath = sd:/bca/
WipCodepath = sd:/wip/
WDMpath = sd:/wdm/
titlesOverride = 1
ForceDiscTitles = 0
patchcountrystrings = 0
screensaver = 3
musicloopmode = 1
autonetwork = 0
discart = 0
coversfull = 0
partition = 1
marknewtitles = 1
ShowFreeSpace = 1
InstallToDir = 2
GameSplit = 0
InstallPartitions = FFFFFFFD
PlaylogUpdate = 0
ParentalBlocks = FFFFFFFF
returnTo = 554e454f
HomeMenu = 2
MultiplePartitions = 1
USBPort = 0
USBAutoMount = 1
CacheTitles = 1
BlockIOSReload = 2
WSFactor = 0.800
FontScaleFactor = 0.800
ClockFontScaleFactor = 1.000
EnabledCategories = 0
RequiredCategories =
ForbiddenCategories =
Wiinnertag = 0
WiinnertagPath = sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/
SelectedGame = 8
GameListOffset = 0
sneekVideoPatch = 0
NandEmuMode = 1
NandEmuChanMode = 2
NandEmuPath = sd:/nand/
NandEmuChanPath = sd:/nand/
UseSystemFont = 1
Hooktype = 0
WiirdDebugger = 0
WiirdDebuggerPause = 0
ShowPlayCount = 1
bannerFavIcon = 4
LoaderMode = 13
SearchMode = 0
GameAspectRatio = 2
PointerSpeed = 0.18
UseChanLauncher = 0
AdjustOverscanX = 0
AdjustOverscanY = 0
TooltipDelay = 1500
GameWindowMode = 0
CacheBNRFiles = 1
BannerAnimStart = 0
BannerGridSpeed = 25.6
BannerZoomDuration = 30
BannerProjectionOffsetX = 2
BannerProjectionOffsetY = -4
BannerProjectionWidth = 620
BannerProjectionHeight = 464
GCBannerScale = 1.5
GameCubePath = usb1:/games/
GameCubeSDPath = sd:/games/
GameCubeMode = 0
GameCubeSource = 2
MultiDiscPrompt = 0
DMLVideo = 8
DMLProgPatch = 1
DMLNMM = 0
DMLActivityLED = 0
DMLPADHOOK = 0
DMLNoDisc2 = 0
DMLWidescreen = 1
DMLScreenshot = 0
DMLJPNPatch = 0
DMLDebug = 0
NINDeflicker = 0
NINPal50Patch = 0
NINWiiUWide = 1
NINVideoScale = 40
NINVideoOffset = 0
NINRemlimit = 0
NINMCEmulation = 1
NINMCSize = 2
NINAutoboot = 1
NINSettings = 2
NINUSBHID = 0
NINMaxPads = 4
NINNativeSI = 0
NINOSReport = 0
NINLED = 1
NINLog = 0
DEVOMCEmulation = 0
DEVOWidescreen = 0
DEVOActivityLED = 1
DEVOFZeroAX = 0
DEVOTimerFix = 0
DEVODButtons = 0
DEVOCropOverscan = 0
DEVODiscDelay = 0
DEVOLoaderPath = sd:/apps/gc_devo/
NINLoaderPath = sd:/apps/nintendont/
GCInstallCompressed = 0
GCInstallAligned = 0
PrivateServer = 2
CustomBannersURL = http://nintendont.gxarena.com/banners/

I tried changing the format of my SD Card from FAT to FAT32, but to no avail.

Tried re-dumping Nand using USB Loader GX after changing SD Card Format, but to no avail.

USB Loader GX still doesn't want to read/use my EmuNand. :'(

I can install my Mii Backup to the vWii Nand but not to the vWii EmuNand.

I seem to have issues really on the EmuNand.

Copy Miis to the WiiMote?! That's new to me. Lol. How to do that?

Last edited by Skanob,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I see you are using the same path for both Wii and channel's emuNAND (sd:/nand/)
can you list the EmuNAND channels by selecting emuNAND from the source menu? (4th icon in top menu)

if it can list the channels it means the dump is properly found.
Can you launch channels from it? if you do, it means emuNAND is working for channels and it's also redirecting the save. no reason wii game save can't be redirected.

if it doesn't, let me know.

You are using two different SD card for wii and vWii ?
because if you are using the same sd:/nand/ for Wii and vWii that's your problem.

Skanob

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I see you are using the same path for both Wii and channel's emuNAND (sd:/nand/)
can you list the EmuNAND channels by selecting emuNAND from the source menu? (4th icon in top menu)

if it can list the channels it means the dump is properly found.
Can you launch channels from it? if you do, it means emuNAND is working for channels and it's also redirecting the save. no reason wii game save can't be redirected.

if it doesn't, let me know.

You are using two different SD card for wii and vWii ?
because if you are using the same sd:/nand/ for Wii and vWii that's your problem.

Yup, it can list all the channels from the EmuNand properly. And I can remove them too using USB Loader GX.

Haven't tried launching EmuNand Channel though.

I will try installing a wad to the EmuNand and see if its going to work. I'm just waiting for my SD Card to be reformatted, I'm using the Panasonic SD Card Formatter v4. I don't know if its going to make a difference though. I guess I'm really just making sure and removing the culprit being the SD Card and be formatted properly.

Last edited by Skanob,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think it's the card's fault if you can list and launch emuNAND channels from it.
If it was a bug in the loader's code, it wouldn't work on wii either.

about mii : Wiimote has a small memory chipset and can hold few miis (to bring them to your friend's wii etc.)
the menu is accessible on the mii maker

Skanob

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't think it's the card's fault if you can list and launch emuNAND channels from it.
If it was a bug in the loader's code, it wouldn't work on wii either.

about mii : Wiimote has a small memory chipset and can hold few miis (to bring them to your friend's wii etc.)
the menu is accessible on the mii maker

Right. Tested the newly reformatted SD Card. Still the same. Clean re-dumped EmuNand to SD Card, then restore save games. Still the same.

Was able to list all EmuNand Channels and load them BUT wasn't able to load any VC games installed (tested 2 N64, 2 NES, 2 SNES) on the EmuNand (Basically NTSC VC and WiiWare, tested working on the original PAL Wii with the video mode set to Force NTSC480p). It restarts itself to USB Loader GX.

Any risk on installing these VC and WiiWare to the vWii Nand?

Able to remove channels too, no worries.

Are these issues regarding my cIOSes installed?

USB Loader GX and Save Game Manager GX are re-downloaded latest .dol from main sources.

Playing around with the Nand and EmuNand Mii Channels, I don't have the feature to save them on the WiiMote. And I can't edit the restored Miis, its giving me the error that I wasn't the one who created them. :'(

Could it be possible that these two issues are connected somehow?

I just want my EmuNand to work.... :'(

P.S.
I remembered reading somewhere that the EmuNand SHOULD BE located on the SD Card..?

P.P.S.
Made sure all files on the SD Card are not in read-only

Last edited by Skanob,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Exiting to system menu is symptom of "game not found", it means it couldn't even find the partition or path to the game. usually it's a cIOS issue. (or uStealth issue if you were using USB)
try d2x r52 instead of r53.
r53 is known to have compatibility issues with emuNAND.
if you don't need Port1, don't use r53.

About the mii, only the original Wii where the mii were created can edit them. the MAC address is stored in the mii to determine the ownership. I guess MAC could be edited to your wiiU, but I don't know if there's a checksum to fix first.
There's a feature to save them to wiimote, it's part of the miimaker functionnality, it's the wiimote icon.
transfer_mii.jpg

Skanob

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Exiting to system menu is symptom of "game not found", it means it couldn't even find the partition or path to the game. usually it's a cIOS issue. (or uStealth issue if you were using USB)
try d2x r52 instead of r53.
r53 is known to have compatibility issues with emuNAND.
if you don't need Port1, don't use r53.

About the mii, only the original Wii where the mii were created can edit them. the MAC address is stored in the mii to determine the ownership. I guess MAC could be edited to your wiiU, but I don't know if there's a checksum to fix first.
There's a feature to save them to wiimote, it's part of the miimaker functionnality, it's the wiimote icon.
transfer_mii.jpg

You sir are one hell of a genius! That fixed my problem. Changing from v53 to v52. I guess I blindly followed the tuts to install the latest version, then I checked my sig here in the forums and surprised that I'm on v53 on vWii and v52 on the original Wii!

Thank you so much sir! You deserve a big tap in the back and all the lovin' you need for the rest of your life! I honestly can kiss you man! Tell me, what do you do for a living? You know you should be the president of the whole world, you know that right?

Finally, the vWii project is finished. Just need to wait for WiiU 5.4.0 exploit to come out and see how it goes!

Well done sir! Also, feel free to message me if you want me to try-out/beta test something. I know myself that I could give you detailed feedback.

P.S.
I saw the tabbed view of the USB Loader GX, and undeniably looks good. My suggestion, have the tab mode implemented but keep it as basic as possible (close to Wii Menu) so interface will be "recognizable" to navigate. And probably add version/theme that is closest to the WiiU Gamepad style to choose from. If you get what I mean. I know its a long shot for the 3D WiiU Menu, but probably the basic WiiU Menu will do.

Last edited by Skanob,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
glad that we could finally fix your issue.
I always tell users to install d2x v8 (on wii), and r52 (on vWii), because latest =/= better.
Latest is only "the latest release" with different options, and not necessarily the one without bugs.
52 = good emuNAND, no port 1
53 = bad emuNAND, with port1
it's two different setup versions of the same release. users need to choose, not take the "last uploaded". that's why I hate youtube tutorial (noob think latest is best, and what worked for them will for everyone). users should understand and not follow blindly a guide.

like USBGX, latest = network bug :P

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What setting do I need to adjust to stretch the screen wider in game? I have about 1 inch wide black bars on each side of the screen? This is when I am playing Wii games. I had the same look in Nintendont but I was able to adjust that using the screen position of 3 and video width of 684 in the Nintendont settings.

Also, on r1259 just got a code dump when updating covers. https://www.dropbox.com/s/93do9bq1er9a1rd/2015-12-06 21.26.47.jpg?dl=0

I was on r1256 previously with no issues updating covers. Running wireless connection.

Last edited by ngs428,

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that happens when you get to the Custom Banners part of your download. It's a know bug that Cyan is aware of. You can try downloading your covers again but unchecked Custom Banners or just go back to r1256. Cyan said it best when he said:
because latest =/= better.
like USBGX, latest = network bug :P

Last edited by Clutz450,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol