• Likes 47

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think there's an option to hide or display the playcounter in the GUI settings.
it doesn't stop counting (as it can still sort games based on playcount), but you can hide it.

alhely

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
When I had download error for ocarina, it didn't download at all, more like it couldn't connect to the website.
Having only half the downloaded file is new to me, and maybe it's related to the recent change with SSL. lot of trouble happened.
let me know if mod02 prevent downloading half a file. I will commit it today so it's finally fixed for everyone.
It wasn't half a file more like.. It started then suddenly in the middle of the first code stopped, wasn't even halfway! Oh also, sorry if I'm being a dumb but, I don't know what to search for, and I checked your main post- but how do I install mod02? Do I just.. drop the files on top of the old ones? Or do I make a new folder for the thing in apps or what?

Thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, just replace the "boot.dol" in your apps/usbloader_gx/ folder.

if you want you can keep the old dol as backup in case mod02 has issue, but it should work better than 1259 so you better keep mod2 until I release 1260.

alhely

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes, just replace the "boot.dol" in your apps/usbloader_gx/ folder.

if you want you can keep the old dol as backup in case mod02 has issue, but it should work better than 1259 so you better keep mod2 until I release 1260.
Yup, Mod02 works! Thanks!

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The list is still relevant, I don't know if it's accurate (it's user's driven, so it's missing lot of info, some could be wrong, etc.)

There are two emuNAND mode : cIOS and Neek.
That list is for the cIOS mode.
if you use neek mode, it will have almost perfect compatibility.

To use the EmuNAND in cIOS mode, there's not really a need for a guide.
1. go to settings>feature>dump NAND (it will dump by default to sd:/nand/). Dump NAND = make a copy of your Wii data on your SD Card.
2. select "Channels on EmuNAND" in the 4th icon of the top menu.
launch your game.
that's all.

To install new games : settings>features>Wad install, and select the wad to install to emuNAND.

If you want to use Neek mode, that will require additional steps to setup. You don't need it unless it's a game not working with cIOS mode.
I recommend to use cIOS mode for all games by default, and if you have other cIOS base installed in different slots then refer to that wiki link you posted to pick the correct slot.
if you don't have the installed cIOS or want to play a game not compatible with cIOS, then you will need neek.

Reactions: ngs428

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The list is still relevant, I don't know if it's accurate (it's user's driven, so it's missing lot of info, some could be wrong, etc.)

There are two emuNAND mode : cIOS and Neek.
That list is for the cIOS mode.
if you use neek mode, it will have almost perfect compatibility.

To use the EmuNAND in cIOS mode, there's not really a need for a guide.
1. go to settings>feature>dump NAND (it will dump by default to sd:/nand/). Dump NAND = make a copy of your Wii data on your SD Card.
2. select "Channels on EmuNAND" in the 4th icon of the top menu.
launch your game.
that's all.

To install new games : settings>features>Wad install, and select the wad to install to emuNAND.

If you want to use Neek mode, that will require additional steps to setup. You don't need it unless it's a game not working with cIOS mode.
I recommend to use cIOS mode for all games by default, and if you have other cIOS base installed in different slots then refer to that wiki link you posted to pick the correct slot.
if you don't have the installed cIOS or want to play a game not compatible with cIOS, then you will need neek.

When I install a new game, where is the default install location? SD:/nand/

Can it be installed to USB, if so does it have to be fat32?

I am using d2x v8 final base 56

Installing to emunand is safer than realnand correct. Just verifying.

Last edited by ngs428,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, go to settings > user path
and change the "NAND channel" path to be on USB, in the folder you want.
dump your NAND after changing the path, or move your dump manually to USB if you already dumped it to SD.

If you want your Wii games to save to that EmuNAND instead of saving the savegame on the Wii, set the "emuNAND save" to the same path and set "emuNAND save" to Full in the loader settings.

EmuNAND needs to be FAT32.
d2x v4+ are fine

installing to EmuNAND is only copying files to SD. Nothing is done on Wii so yes it's safer.

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, go to settings > user path
and change the "NAND channel" path to be on USB, in the folder you want.
dump your NAND after changing the path, or move your dump manually to USB if you already dumped it to SD.

If you want your Wii games to save to that EmuNAND instead of saving the savegame on the Wii, set the "emuNAND save" to the same path and set "emuNAND save" to Full in the loader settings.

EmuNAND needs to be FAT32.
d2x v4+ are fine

installing to EmuNAND is only copying files to SD. Nothing is done on Wii so yes it's safer.

Attempting to install a wad to emunand gave me an error that the wad could not be read. Odd. It was completely unzipped in a folder on the root of the SD card. USBLoaderGX just sat with the progress bar at 100% and hitting cancel did nothing. I had to hit reset on the Wii.

Screen pic. https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4273vkf8ii58ai/2015-12-13 22.23.25.jpg?dl=0

Last edited by ngs428,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
gave me an error that the wad could not be read
you had an error, or just the 100% freeze?
try a different wad, maybe there's really a problem with that wad. a lot of WADs are tempered and modified to fake the ticket or encryption or incorrectly rebuild after dump.
just try other wads to see if it's a file issue or a loader issue.
try the EmuNAND path to SD too, to see if it's device issue or loader issue.

Did you try launching your existing channels yet? does it work fine?

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you had an error, or just the 100% freeze?
try a different wad, maybe there's really a problem with that wad. a lot of WADs are tempered and modified to fake the ticket or encryption or incorrectly rebuild after dump.
just try other wads to see if it's a file issue or a loader issue.
try the EmuNAND path to SD too, to see if it's device issue or loader issue.

Did you try launching your existing channels yet? does it work fine?

I received an unable to read error that flashed up for a brief second before the image that popped up that I posted. So, I got the read error then the 100% freeze.

I was using the path to SD

I will try another WAD later today.

By other channels, do you mean the ones on the Wii home screen? I don't have anything installed to the emunand at this point.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you dumped your NAND, then emuNAND should have few channels already installed (mii, vote, weather, etc.)
I wanted to know if launching you could see the installed channels on the emuNAND. if you see these channels when enabling emuNAND in the 4th menu of the top bar, then at least the loader can read its content and correctly load it.

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you dumped your NAND, then emuNAND should have few channels already installed (mii, vote, weather, etc.)
I wanted to know if launching you could see the installed channels on the emuNAND. if you see these channels when enabling emuNAND in the 4th menu of the top bar, then at least the loader can read its content and correctly load it.

I tried installing a new WAD, same issue. The error message I get is the following: can't read file SD:/nand//shared1/content.map

So then I dumped my nand to emunand. The Wiiware games I have do show in USBLoaderGX.

I went back to install the same WAD and it worked. I don't think I originally had the content.map file on the SD. Must have been the issue.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You had a NAND dump right?
because if you didn't have an EmuNAND ready to use, you couldn't install anything to something inexistent.

If you made a dump first, and it displayed the channels (when selecting emuNAND in the 4th icon), then it's a bug if content.map was absent or corrupted.
Well, now it's fixed, so all is fine.

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You had a NAND dump right?
because if you didn't have an EmuNAND ready to use, you couldn't install anything to something inexistent.

If you made a dump first, and it displayed the channels (when selecting emuNAND in the 4th icon), then it's a bug if content.map was absent or corrupted.
Well, now it's fixed, so all is fine.

I think it was just an incorrect process on my end. I tried installing wads to the emunand before I did a nand dump. That is when it could not find the content.map file. Once I dumped the nand I could then install the wads. I guess I just wasn't under the understanding that I had to do a nand dump first.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think so.
USBGX is working on Wii/vWii chipset, it would require a lot of work to port it as a WiiU homebrew as a lot of functions are different.
It will most probably be the contrary : Loadiine with a "GX" graphic and theme.

Dimok is working on loadiine and already ported the Caroussel layout code to loadiine's first GX theme.

note that "GX" is the name of the graphic functions.
wii had GX (openGL v1), WiiU has GX2 (OpenGL v4)
Dimok ported a lot of GX function to GX2 and will release it as a library to allow more homebrew developers to work on a better coding environment on WiiU. Hopefully it will help seeing more homebrew than loaders.

Reactions: superkrups20056

Sajo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having issues with the Wii Classic Controller Pro. USB Loader GX crashes when booting it up while having the controller plugged in. Nintendont is also not starting while having the controller plugged in. It's a third party one so that might be the issue. Anyone have any solutions?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
use a real one ?

third party controllers are not always compatible.
they are designed for official games only, and the homebrew libraries are not compatible.
it would require a data and protocol analysis to map them.

I thought Nintendont had an additional fix for these unofficial controllers. maybe there are even newer that nintendont didn't fix yet.
AbdallahTerro submitted a fix to add unsupported controllers, but I don't know if it would be enough on usbgx (clearly not, if nintendont doesn't work)

The fix is burried in one of the nintendont changelog. or on this forum, searching for one of abdallahTerro post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte