• Views 7,202,822
  • Replies 29,370
  • Likes 48

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that happens when you get to the Custom Banners part of your download. It's a know bug that Cyan is aware of. You can try downloading your covers again but unchecked Custom Banners or just go back to r1256. Cyan said it best when he said:

Ahh. That is right. I will just uncheck the custom banners. Sometimes that is not even on the screen as an option to download. Seems to do and how I get to the download screen?...

Don't forget my question on the video positioning.. :)

D

Deleted-19228

Is it possible to get this to work with the FRONT Wii U usb ports? Here's my issue:

I have one external HD for Wii U content plugged into the rear usb ports

I have another HD formatted for FAT32 + WBFS plugged into the front.

Nintendont recognizes it being plugged into the front and loads games no problem, USB Loader does not, even if it's the only drive plugged in. If I plug it in the rear ports it works AND Nintendont works...

If the Wii U external is plugged into the front USB Loader still works but Nintendont attempts to default to that. I figure if I can get USB Loader working with the front USB everything will be peachy.

EDIT: I even tried launching the Gamecube game through USB Loader GX. It sends the info to Nintendont and then a stack fail happens and the system locks up.

EDIT 2: I'm scrapping this. I just saw this in the OP at Nintendont

"Nintendont does NOT support multiple HDD connected at the same time.
If you are on WiiU : Please, unplug your WiiU HDD first. Connect only the vWii HDD. as work around, you can use SD card for gamecube games and keep WiiU HDD connected."

So I'll just disconnect the Wii U drive when not in use :)

Last edited by ,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What setting do I need to adjust to stretch the screen wider in game?
if it's wii game, there's nothing you can do.
if it's gamecube, or anything homebrew layered while playing, it's possible but need an option like nintendont.

Wii games are run on the processor without USBLoaderGX in memory, the game itself would need a setting to adjust the video position or format.
The only option you can change on a Wii game is on WiiU because it's a console option : real widescreen enabled or disabled.
if you are on wiiU, go to features>wiiu widescreen, switch to the format you want and then launch the game.

on r1259 just got a code dump when updating covers
Are you using r1259 or 1259 mod1 intended for beta testers ONLY ?
the modded and beta version are not for end users.
this is a known issue with the mod01 and banner download, and has been fixed in mod02.

if your code dump is really on unmodded r1259 and with covers (not with banners), then that's nice to report this bug :)
I'll take a look at it, that's always good to fix bugs.

Is it possible to get this to work with the FRONT Wii U usb ports?
It's possible to add support inside the loader (to load covers from it etc.), if you use IOS58.
I don't know if cIOS r53 enables only Port1 or ALL ports.
if d2x enables all ports, it can be added (but will require lot of work to update all menus), if not it will require a d2x update first and nobody is working on cIOS anymore.

There's another method to get dual HDD for nintendont, but it's kind of hacky and can cause compatibility issues with loaders.
I think it's explained (or was, and I removed it?) on nintendont first post.
1. use d2x r53 base 58
2. connect WiiU HDD on port0
3. connect vWii HDD on port1
4. set the loader to use IOS58

nintendont will mount port1 first and find the gamecubes
USBLoaderGX will mount port1 first (because it uses IOS58 which mounts higher ports in priority), you might have to re-setup the loader because partition order changed.
Wii games will reload to IOS58 too, but not work very well because IOS58 has less compatibility than 57. (expect black screens at boot, etc.)

I think it's best to keep only one HDD, or disconnect WiiU HDD when you don't play WiiU games.
Personally, when I play a game .. I play THAT game A LOT. I don't play 50 games at the same time switching them every 12 minutes because I'm bored.
It's not like you need the WiiU HDD if you decided to play a gamecube game.

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using an unmodded r1259. It was downloaded from the link in your signature.

Thanks for the reply @Cyan

If it is nodded would it state that on the credits screen? Mine does not say mod on the credits screen.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
so it means there's a different bug, thanks for that report then :)
I will check it and hopefully fix it too.

The modded version would display "1259 mod" in the boot screen (not in the credit, I sometime forgot to update the credit page, sorry).
If you downloaded it from my signature, then it's not a modified version. the beta version are posted only on this thread while asking users to test specific features and report bugs.

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The modded version would display "1259 mod" in the boot screen (not in the credit, I sometime forgot to update the credit page, sorry).
If you downloaded it from my signature, then it's not a modified version. the beta version are posted only on this thread while asking users to test specific features and report bugs.
Yes I have the unmodded 1259.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, do the code dumps actually mean anything to you when you see them. Like to me it just looks like random letters and numbers but do they actually have any meaning when someone like yourself sees them?

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So, on my unmodded 1259 I tried the cover download again. Same code dump. I retried the download but this time I unchecked custom banners and the download went through fine with no code dump.

I took a video of the 2 different attempts. If you would like I could post links if you feel they would help.

alhely

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey, I'm sorry if this has been asked before- but usually Ocarina will tell me that the file doesn't exist on the server? Which is BS, because I can download it?
Does anybody knows why it doesn't work?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
all games, randomly, or specific ones?
Maybe it's the same network issue which disconnects after some times, please try with r1252 or 1259 mod02. (link in the post above yours)

alhely

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
all games, randomly, or specific ones?
Maybe it's the same network issue which disconnects after some times, please try with r1252 or 1259 mod02. (link in the post above yours)
Found a fix, if I first check for updates (like just search for USB Loader GX updates) then it'll... kinda? work? like I compared it to the actual file it SHOULD've downloaded and I noticed that it stops downloading in the middle of the first code? Like the code is randomly cut off? But I mean, I just got the codes off the internet. I'll try the mod02, but I mean no biggie really.. Just more of a hassle but still- new to the homebrewing scene and everyone is so helpful! Thanks though!

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm sorry if this has been asked before- but usually Ocarina will tell me that the file doesn't exist on the server? Which is BS, because I can download it?
Does anybody knows why it doesn't work?

I had this issue too and forgot to report it. Can't remember which rev it happened on. I will try downloading Ocarina codes with the mod02 version and see what it does.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When I had download error for ocarina, it didn't download at all, more like it couldn't connect to the website.
Having only half the downloaded file is new to me, and maybe it's related to the recent change with SSL. lot of trouble happened.
let me know if mod02 prevent downloading half a file. I will commit it today so it's finally fixed for everyone.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never had the half download problem. Only just not downloading at all. Been busy the last few days but will definitely test it on mod02 by Saturday and report back.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Out of curiosity, do the code dumps actually mean anything to you when you see them. Like to me it just looks like random letters and numbers but do they actually have any meaning when someone like yourself sees them?

I don't have experience on this kind of works but I know with the help of something like a symbolic link obj file (the .elf version of the app), dev can pin point to which line of code is causing the DSI error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl: +1