• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So isn't there a guide to install d2x v10 without online features? No?
extract the official IOS56 from a disc (use Wiixplorer), or use modmii or NUSD to download IOS56.
place the file on the root of your SD card (you need SD card ! it's cheap, buy one. if you want to hack, you need to involve yourself a minimum)
then it will use offline mode and use the IOS56 from your SD card root instead of downloading it.

Alternatively, you "could" try the d2x cIOS installer 2.2MOD which extracts the IOS base from your console instead of using one from SD or network.
ATTENTION : DO NOT USE THE vWII INSTALLER AS IS.
you need to replace the "boot.dol" from the vwii installer into the wii installer only. If you use the full install package, it will install vWii IOS into your Wii.

BUT I still don't understand why you are trying to install cIOS first.
You need to follow modmii generated tutorial to re-softmod and fix your console. ALL is offline and you will get IOS58 at the same time.
1. modmii -> softmod to 4.1 -> it will download ALL the IOS and cIOS to wad format
2. Wii -> SD card -> Wad manager -> install all IOS in wad format
3. Wii -> SD card -> reinstall HBC with "hackmii installer" launched from your current HBC (no need to use any game or channel exploit, you already have HBC)
4. Done !

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
D2x cIOS installer Fullpack v3 (untested Mod1, but should work)
D2x cIOS installer v3.1
Wii d2x v6
Wii d2x v7
Wii d2x v8 final
Wii d2x v10 (r52)
Wii d2x v10 (r52) mod1 UStealth EmuNAND by Airline38
wii d2x v10-alt (r53)​

D2x cIOS installer v2.2Mod
vWii d2x v10 (r52)
vWii d2x v10 (r52) mod1 UStealth EmuNAND by Airline38
vwii d2x v10-alt (r53)​
Hi Cyan. How you've been?
As you may already know, it's been a long time since I modded my vWii. But seeing your "new pack" got me thinking if I should "update" the mod? Is there a reason for a "new release"? Besides the ustealth capability added (which, by the way. I don't see the point of? I mean, even my neek2o setup works fine without ustealth support... what's up with that?)
Anyway, should I update my setup?
Thanks.

M4ST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
extract the official IOS56 from a disc (use Wiixplorer), or use modmii or NUSD to download IOS56.
place the file on the root of your SD card (you need SD card ! it's cheap, buy one. if you want to hack, you need to involve yourself a minimum)
then it will use offline mode and use the IOS56 from your SD card root instead of downloading it.

Alternatively, you "could" try the d2x cIOS installer 2.2MOD which extracts the IOS base from your console instead of using one from SD or network.
ATTENTION : DO NOT USE THE vWII INSTALLER AS IS.
you need to replace the "boot.dol" from the vwii installer into the wii installer only. If you use the full install package, it will install vWii IOS into your Wii.

BUT I still don't understand why you are trying to install cIOS first.
You need to follow modmii generated tutorial to re-softmod and fix your console. ALL is offline and you will get IOS58 at the same time.
1. modmii -> softmod to 4.1 -> it will download ALL the IOS and cIOS to wad format
2. Wii -> SD card -> Wad manager -> install all IOS in wad format
3. Wii -> SD card -> reinstall HBC with "hackmii installer" launched from your current HBC (no need to use any game or channel exploit, you already have HBC)
4. Done !

I have to reinstall Priiloader no?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a reason for a "new release"?
The only reason was because a lot of users didn't understand where to extract the files.
So I made a new pack with "apps" folder present in the package.
I wanted to do it for a long time and used the ustealth mod as an excuse.

unfortunately, it seems I messed things up, and the pack is not working.

Don't change what you have !
Never fix something which is not broken !!!
I was wondering can I use two hard drives on usbloadergx one for wii games and one for gamecube games?
yes, you can. But it's recommended to use one hard drive with two partitions if you really want to separate the ISO.
it's even easier to put everything on the same partition : One single FAT32 32k/cluster partition for all the homebrew.

I have to reinstall Priiloader no?
yeah, sorry, I always forgot about priiloader as I don't use it.
If you replace system menu, you will have to reinstall priiloader.
Just follow modmii tutorial at the letter, step by step. do not skip anything.

Reactions: sideskroll

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
The only reason was because a lot of users didn't understand where to extract the files.

Yeah, of course.
It's only that I thought maybe something changed (more compatibility or whatever)
Anyway, as always. Thanks.

Anibal Pacheco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yes, you can. But it's recommended to use one hard drive with two partitions if you really want to separate the ISO.
it's even easier to put everything on the same partition : One single FAT32 32k/cluster partition for all the homebrew.

yeah, sorry, I always forgot about priiloader as I don't use it.
If you replace system menu, you will have to reinstall priiloader.
Just follow modmii tutorial at the letter, step by step. do not skip anything.
how do i do it? I know, but I rather not because my hard drives aren't too big they are only 128gb each.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and thank you for replying.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
@Cyan do you still deve the loader ?

I'm using a Wii in a librairan project, as a free access service.

I modded it using Pimp My Wii + Prriloader and now the Wii boots directly to USB Loader GX.
I use parental control to lock the loader, but there are some options that are not locked :
- display mode for the cover (carousel or list, favorite, etc.) : all the above icons are still here
- shotdown of the Wii : I'd like to block the total shutdown.

Do you think it would be possible to code this ?

Merci :D

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
- display mode for the cover (carousel or list, favorite, etc.) : all the above icons are still here
- shotdown of the Wii : I'd like to block the total shutdown.
It's not dead, but I'm very slow to release new revision (like always).

I guess more parental control/lockes can be added.
I understand the layout (if you want to keep it on banner layout), but I don't understand total shutdown.
You don't want the users to shutdown the console, or you want only the idle/WC24 mode? (I don't understand why you would like to use the "orange" state, as there's no WC24 service anymore)
what differences are you finding in orange/red state?

I will have to check which buttons are hidden when the loader is locked. there are two way to shutdown/exit : the bottom right button (useless? it's there only for design) and the Home menu (can be customized in the GUI settings)
Maybe you want more parental control in the home menu choices?

how do i do it?
It's HARD to setup, may not work well, can corrupt your drive if done wrong.
first, you need d2x v9 or v10-alt to allow both USB Ports.

put Wii HDD to Port0 (bottom port on Wii, top port on vWii)
put GC HDD to port1 (the other port)
in the loader > settings > HDD Settings > Dual port : yes
in the loader > settings > HDD Settings > multiple partition : yes (this allow you to list all games from all connected HDD at the same time)
in the loader > settings > user path : DO NOT USE ANY USB ACCESS FOR RESOURCES (covers, custom music, settings, banners, etc.) NEVER ! USE SD CARD FOR ALL YOUR HOMEBREW CONTENT/FILES/SETTINGS. Not following this can corrupt your data.
in the loader > settings > user path : Set the correct path for the "Gamecube Main path" to be located on the second partition.
In the loader > top menu > 4th icon > enable both Wii and Gamecube.

alternate easier solution :
Buy a bigger hard drive (not flashdrive) with the money you saved by not buying games.
prefer USB2.0 if you can (as some USB3.0 seems to have issues with this loader. I still need to fix this)

Reactions: Troopage

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
I disabled Interne access on the Wii., so no need of Wii24 state (orange).

The console can but shut down with the power button on the wiimote so I'd like this to be impossible : when a user press the poer button on the wiimote, only the wiimote should be shut down.
And yes, it would also disable the shutdown icon on the loader.

And another option when locked : disale big Wii button (which redirect to homebrew channel or wii menu), same with the home button on the wiimote.

My ultimate goal is to close the cage : once booted, the Wii and the USB Loader GX should not be quited/exited/shutdown.
Except on unlocking parental control or with the Wii physical button.

Last edited by OuahOuah,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok