• Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

M4ST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just read back a page or two...

I have done everything that I learned from this post using Base57 and I still have problems, Im using Mario Strikers to test USB LOADER GX and it was taken from a DBD Backup that I had.IM also running a SYscheck but it is very slow, maybe a freeze?.

Reactions: Margen67

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
sigh, if your car break down in the middle of the road, what would you do? You probably try to repair it yourself and ask around or sent it in for professional service, but wouldn't you provide details of your car and the problem? You provided next to no info except your car is broken down.

What is your system, Wii or WiiU? NTSC or Pal or jap?
What is your media, SD, HDD? model, size, partition type? How did you put your game on it? Folder structure?
What is the version of USB LOADER GX you used?
Which syscheck app you used? version? look at Cyan's signature for a syscheck tutorial.
What about your game, iso or wbfs? Did you make sure it is not corrupted?
What exactly is your "problems"? You can't find the game? The game doesn't boot? black screen? any audio? etc etc.
You have a long way to learn how to ask for help properly.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it wrong of me for when someone asks for help without really explaining what's wrong or if I don't readily know what's wrong that I just recommend them to run a syscheck, run it through ModMii and do whatever it tells them to do. Most of the time it fixes whatever issues they are having and if it doesn't I at least have a starting point to work from. Obviously I only tell them to do that on a Wii as I know ModMii doesn't work for Wii U's vWii. I just want to make sure I am not giving out bad advice.

M4ST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sigh, if your car break down in the middle of the road, what would you do? You probably try to repair it yourself and ask around or sent it in for professional service, but wouldn't you provide details of your car and the problem? You provided next to no info except your car is broken down.

What is your system, Wii or WiiU? NTSC or Pal or jap?
What is your media, SD, HDD? model, size, partition type? How did you put your game on it? Folder structure?
What is the version of USB LOADER GX you used?
Which syscheck app you used? version? look at Cyan's signature for a syscheck tutorial.
What about your game, iso or wbfs? Did you make sure it is not corrupted?
What exactly is your "problems"? You can't find the game? The game doesn't boot? black screen? any audio? etc etc.
You have a long way to learn how to ask for help properly.

It's a NTSC Wii

I use a HDD of 2.5", I only have one partition and is a FAT32 one, is was an HDD from a PS3, USB LOADER GX can detect it and install games properly it only has a wbfs folder

USB LOADER GX version is 3.0 r1256-1257 it work properly until I try to play a wbfs form my HDD.

I used a Syscheck 1.6.2 from Erik Spyder, I don't have a SD card reader now (I had) so I used Syscheck from a USB, could this be important?.

My game was Super Mario Strikers (Wii) and I installed it in my HDD with the app, using the DVD of this game, I have tested other game like Naruto Clash of the Ninja 3 but has the same problem, I will explain it above. I dont know if they are corrupted.

My problem is that I can't get the installed games to work, they show fine and all but when I try to play them, I got a black screen and the controllers aren't ON, I didn't hear any sound or anything.
Then I try to run a syscheck but it freezes a Looking for IOS vulnerabilities or something like that. When I can, I will give more details.

Thank you and sorry for my english and lack of details.

Last edited by M4ST,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it wrong of me for when someone asks for help without really explaining what's wrong or if I don't readily know what's wrong that I just recommend them to run a syscheck, run it through ModMii and do whatever it tells them to do. Most of the time it fixes whatever issues they are having and if it doesn't I at least have a starting point to work from. Obviously I only tell them to do that on a Wii as I know ModMii doesn't work for Wii U's vWii. I just want to make sure I am not giving out bad advice.
It's not necessarily bad. It's most likely not useful.
sometime the issue is not the softmod (which means one single patched IOS most of the time, no need to re-softmod the console entirely) but it could be a hard drive issue, or a bad dump.
So, it's more unuseful to suggest modmii right away.
Suggesting syscheck is a good advice, you can see which cIOS that user has installed on his console, see if he modified official IOS on vWii, etc.
but asking for syscheck without knowing how to read the result is not useful either.

First step : understand the issue. based on that, ask to try "another one" (if the issue is HDD not detected, try "another" HDD to see if the issue is the console or the hdd, etc.)
Always suggest trying different things to narrow the possibilities. It's not always the IOS.

@M4ST:
Thanks for the additional info.
you can find latest syscheck version in my signature.
You can also find latest USBLoaderGX in my signature if you didn't update it internally already. Latest revision is r1256 (you need to see that number on the launch screen)

Run the syscheck again and post the result here (in a spoiler tag)

If your cIOS was wrong or stub (not installed), the console would reboot.
If you say that it stays on a black screen, it could be different things, For example, a wrong settings in the loader (if you enabled debug option inadvertently it will not boot the game without a debuger tool attached to your console).
Be sure you reset the settings (settings>reset) so we know which settings you are using.

M4ST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not necessarily bad. It's most likely not useful.
sometime the issue is not the softmod (which means one single patched IOS most of the time, no need to re-softmod the console entirely) but it could be a hard drive issue, or a bad dump.
So, it's more unuseful to suggest modmii right away.
Suggesting syscheck is a good advice, you can see which cIOS that user has installed on his console, see if he modified official IOS on vWii, etc.
but asking for syscheck without knowing how to read the result is not useful either.

First step : understand the issue. based on that, ask to try "another one" (if the issue is HDD not detected, try "another" HDD to see if the issue is the console or the hdd, etc.)
Always suggest trying different things to narrow the possibilities. It's not always the IOS.

@M4ST:
Thanks for the additional info.
you can find latest syscheck version in my signature.
You can also find latest USBLoaderGX in my signature if you didn't update it internally already. Latest revision is r1256 (you need to see that number on the launch screen)

Run the syscheck again and post the result here (in a spoiler tag)

If your cIOS was wrong or stub (not installed), the console would reboot.
If you say that it stays on a black screen, it could be different things, For example, a wrong settings in the loader (if you enabled debug option inadvertently it will not boot the game without a debuger tool attached to your console).
Be sure you reset the settings (settings>reset) so we know which settings you are using.

I don't have a SD Card reader now, what can I do? I also have some problems when I enter to the options menu in Wii, it "frozes" there is the image and the music but the controls aren't detected, can this be related to my problems? (SYscheck freeze or USB LOADER GX can't load games).
This also means that I don't have a wifi connection in my WIi because Im unable to acces properly with it, I will reinstall USB LOADER GX in my USB to see how it works, thanks for the response.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My cousin had the issue with system menu settings freezing too because of a wrong theme file.
Did you install any theme to replace your system menu? black theme, or something not official ?
I think this is due to wrong theme file. This can be hard to fix based on your knowledge and tools to use to fix it.

Did you use any "automation tool" like pimp-my-wii ?
that program is good if you understand what you do, not if you press all buttons without understanding their purpose and effect.

if the Wii setting menu freeze and you can't enter network settings, it will be an issue with the cIOS installer which is easier with a working connection.
offline is possible too, but will require more steps and files.

M4ST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My cousin had the issue with system menu settings freezing too because of a wrong theme file.
Did you install any theme to replace your system menu? black theme, or something not official ?
I think this is due to wrong theme file. This can be hard to fix based on your knowledge and tools to use to fix it.

if the Wii setting menu freeze and you can't enter network settings, it will be an issue with the cIOS installer which is easier with a working connection.
offline is possible too, but will require more steps and files.

I haven't installed any theme, I don't use these. I want to use WIfi to mod easier my wii using Modmii or using USB LOADER GX to update itself, what can I do?.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you need to fix your setting freeze issue to be able to enable the network and be able to update the loader.
instead of trying to update the loader from the Wii, download the latest revision from my signature and replace on your SD card.
And yes, please, use SD card. It's easier than USB which can be an issue too.

sorry, end of help time for me. have to go to bed. more help tomorrow, or maybe twnsk tswntk can help you too. (sorry, I always fail to remember your proper username)

Last edited by Cyan,

M4ST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't it the same version I have? 3.0 r1256-1257? But thanks for helping me, now I will have to wait until I can use a SD Card reader again to use syscheck then I will comeback.

EDIT: FOUND AN ALTERNATIVE
SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition por JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, y Nano
...ejecutado en IOS61 (rev 5405).
Region: NTSC-U
Menu de Sistema 4.2U (v481)
Priiloader instalado
Fecha de la unidad: 14.07.2008
Canal Homebrew 1.0.8 ejecutandose en IOS61
Hollywood v0x11
ID de consola: 79978433
Tipo de consola: Wii
Pais del Canal Tienda: Colombia (21)
Boot2 v4
93 titulos encontrados.
Se encontraron 36 IOS en esta consola. 10 de ellos son stubs.
IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 778): Sin Parches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 269): Sin Parches
IOS13 (rev 273): Sin Parches
IOS14 (rev 520): Sin Parches
IOS15 (rev 523): Sin Parches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 775): Sin Parches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 782): Sin Parches
IOS22 (rev 1037): Sin Parches
IOS28 (rev 1550): Sin Parches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3349): Sin Parches
IOS33 (rev 3091): Sin Parches
IOS34 (rev 3348): Sin Parches
IOS35 (rev 3349): Sin Parches
IOS36 (rev 3351): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND
IOS37 (rev 3869): Sin Parches
IOS38 (rev 3867): Sin Parches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5406): Sin Parches
IOS55 (rev 5406): Sin Parches
IOS56 (rev 5405): Sin Parches
IOS57 (rev 5661): Sin Parches
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5405): Sin Parches
IOS70 (rev 6687): Sin Parches
IOS222[38+37] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS249[38] (rev 17): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Bug Trucha, ES Identify, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Reporte generado el 20/10/2015.

Last edited by M4ST,

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
sorry, end of help time for me. have to go to bed. more help tomorrow, or maybe twnsk tswntk can help you too. (sorry, I always fail to remember your proper username)

no worries, its is an abbreviation and would be hard to memorize by heart. As long as users understand who you are referring to, I have no problem with calling me with wrong names.

Isn't it the same version I have? 3.0 r1256-1257? But thanks for helping me, now I will have to wait until I can use a SD Card reader again to use syscheck then I will comeback.

Sorry, I can't help you on your option menu/wifi problem.

If you launch Usbloader GX from system menu, it may not be the revision you expected (if you installed a full channel instead of a forwarder). Read the Usbloader GX revision from the launch screen or go into setting>credit page.

from your syscheck, there is a few things not so desirable:
1. You don't have ios 58 installed. This probably not related to your problem but it is useful.
2. iso 36 is patched. again, it should not be the source of your problem but modern softmodding would leave it unpatched
3. your cios 249 to 250 are outdated (unless you are trying to use Emunand) and could be the source of your problem.

All of the above can be solved using Modmii.

Modmii is a program that runs on a PC with Windows. You can simply drag your syscheck log into it and it will generate a recommendation with the necessary files.
I believe you can tell Modmii to prepare the files for HDD softmodding but I have never used that option before. SD is way more easier.

You can even reinstall you system menu and associated ios (I believe it is ios 70 for 4.2U) with modmii which may solve your wifi problem but make sure you tell modmii the exact menu version and region or you will semi-brick your Wii (you are now in a state similar to semi-brick anyway). Make sure to reinstall Priiloader if you do re-installed your system menu.

After you added ios58, you should reinstall HBC by running the hackmii installer (no need to use exploits. I don't know if modmii will recommend that automatically).

Check the Modmii stickies here. The main site may go offline from time to time, I think you can search this forum or google it for a download link.

Edit: you may use WiiBackupManager to verify the sha-1 hash of your games. Although it is not 100% fool proof, it is a good indication if your game is bad or corrupted.

Last edited by tswntk,
D

Deleted User

It's not a phishing site.
I've reported that it's a fake (the phishing notice_ to Google.

Last edited by ,

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson