Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that. And my current Wii U vWii setup of
vIOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
vIOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
vIOS251[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
works great for me. The only problem I am having now is using emunand on a hidden drive on a Wii U which should be fixed if I use d2x r52 mod1. Cyan only told me to install it in slot 249 with base 56 and didn't say anything about doing the other 2 slots with base 57 and 58. So my question was should I only change out the one slot or should I do all 3? As you said I will just have to try before I really know. But since you guys are much more experienced in this than I am I wanted to know what you had to say. So in the end I think I will just change out all 3 slots with the d2x r52 mod1 verison with their appropriate bases and see what happens. Unless someone can give me a reason not to.

Reactions: Margen67

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Like tswntk said, it depends your own need.
Ask yourself this questions:
are you playing games which require base57 ? (call of duty)
are you playing games which require base58? (just dance)
if you answer yes to one of the base above; install it.

if you don't play call of duty, you don't need to replace your current slot250 because you never use it.

ONE game = ONE slot.
having multiple slots installed has no effect on a single game. the console use only ONE slot at a time.
You could install 20 cIOS in 20 different slots, it would have no effect on the played game if you only use the setting "249" in the loader.
the loader use ONLY the slot you set in the settings. if you never set the loader to 250 or 251, you didn't even need to install them when softmoding your console.

If you want only one cIOS, I would recomment this setup :
Slot 249 : d2x r52 mod1 base 57

Question from some friends: Would there be a way to implement CRC32 checking?
checking CRC32 checksum for what?
the games? the covers?
checking them could be done, but it will be long (have to read the full game file .. 4GB+ to read on big games), but nothing to compare it with is useless.
Website with games checksum integrity are not even using CRC32, but Sha1 or MD5.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got home from work and tried out your v3 pack. I extracted everything from your 7zip file to my SD card and ran the vWii version of the installer. After I read the welcome screen and hit any button I get an error that says "mxml: Bad control character 0x04 not allowed by XML standard! Invalid ciosgroupscount value 2". Any idea what it means or how I can fix it? I included a picture of my screen in case it helps.

D

Deleted User

are you playing games which require base57 ? (call of duty)
are you playing games which require base58? (just dance)
if you answer yes to one of the base above; install it.
Base58 is also used for Animal Crossing Wii for the Wii Speak + USB Keyboard

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if anyone has ever brought this up before, but can an option be added to disable the deflicker for Wii games? I know ssbb has this option, also as for homebrew Nintendont has this for GC games.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France

BriansCar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is a bit random, I haven't used my Wii in months, prior to that everything had been working fine. USB Loader was running perfectly and everything was doing everything it should be doing.

Went to turn it on today. Loaded up the channel (I had the forwarder or whatever it is called so I can have a driect link to the loader on my home page)O and it went to the carousel of games, so far everything is just as it was a while ago.

I scrolled around and picked a game.

And then it stops.

I can still move the cursor around and it lights are still on but everything else isn't doing a thing. I have to reset the console by powering it down and powering on. I tried several other games in the loader and they are all doing the same thing. Tried pulling out the USB stick and putting it back in. Nothing. Try going into Home Brew Channel and loading USB Loader from there, same thing again, I see all my games in the list, can scroll around, and nothing happens once I select one. Click a game and everything but the moving cursor stop responding.

I tried to run the update from the USB Loader menu, it did update itself and download the newest releases of everything, restarted, but then once again all I can do is look at my games and that's it.

The Wii itself is still working fine, I put in a disc version of the game on the loader and it came up fine and is able to be played, just that nothing at all on the loader is working.

Any ideas at all, anyone?

And again, everything worked fine a few months ago, the loader, backing up games from discs put in the system, updates, everything. All that's changed from then to now is time. The system has been off for quite a while. No system updates or really anything. I played Mad World from the DVD drive, that was the last thing I remember doing on the console.

Last edited by BriansCar,

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn, I don't see what I did wrong on v4.
I will have to test myself. sorry I released something untested. I just wanted to help quickly.

Just use my old pack
Wii : http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ggh53tj9hhp1tr/d2x-cios-installer-3.1-v6-v7-v8-v10-wii.7z
vWii : http://www.mediafire.com/download/d...2.2mod+by+FIX94-v10-beta52_beta53alt-vWii.zip

go to v10 > r52
replace the FAT file from airline38 zip and install r52

Don't worry about it. I understand that you are busy which is why I don't mind doing the testing for you. I'm at work right now but I will give it a try once I get home and let you know how I make out.

@M4ST Unless Cyan beats me to it (which he probably will) once I get home and try this out for myself and see that it works I will show you my directory structure which should help you out.

@BriansCar I had something similar happen to me. I had my Wii all perfect and working fine and then I left it for a long time while I was playing other games. When I went back to it every game I tried to load up gave me a stack dump error. Luckily I still had all my games backed up onto my PC so I reformatted my USB Drive to FAT32 and used WiiBackupManager to put all my games back. Then I deleted the USB Loader GX folder on my SD card and redownloaded the latest version from Cyan's signature. After that everything worked again. Not really sure what could have went wrong but give that a try and see if it fixes your issue.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan I downloaded your vWii pack you linked to and copied the FAT.app file from airline38 into it. I still got some error message similar to the one before that said "mxml: Bad control character 0x0e not allowed by XML standard!" Don't know what that means but it still moved on to the next page and allowed me to install it. I decided to install it into all 3 of my slots (249, 250 and 251) with their proper bases (56, 57 and 58). I mean, even if I never do plan on playing any of the games that need the other bases, there is no harm in having them installed, correct? Anyway, everything installed fine and now I can play my emunand games from a hidden uStealth drive on my Wii U. Thank you.

@M4ST To answer your question this is what you need to do. Download Cyan's pack for either Wii or vWii. (I'm going to use the vWii one as an example because that is what I just did.) Extract it and you should see an apps folder. Open folders apps, d2x-cios-installer, v10, beta52, d2x-v10-beta52-vWii. Inside that folder you will see a file called FAT.app. Leave that window open for now.

Now go to this page cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!! and download airline38's attachment called "d2x_FAT_ustealth.rar" and extract that. You should see a file called FAT.app. Take that file and copy it into the d2x-v10-beta52-vWii folder we opened earlier overwriting the one that is already there. Once that is done then back out till you see the apps folder and copy the apps folder to the root of your SD card. Now just run the d2x-cios-installer from the Homebrew Channel and install it into whatever slots you want with the appropriate bases. Hope that helps. If you have any other questions let me know.

M4ST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could you help me with recommendations and explanations of what these bases and slots are? LIke how important are they and how they work with games please? Im trying to learn, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended