Hacking [Updated] How To Use A PowerSaves for Amiibo To Download and Use Amiibo Bin Files

Was this helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 20.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iWonder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so: update for everyone: this is what worked for me
using a bin from (cough) would always fail when trying to add it to the powertag, but using my link amiibo, I asked it to make multiple backups. Each one of those backups left me with a filename that it would consider valid, so I just renamed the other bins to one of the names from the backups. The only hard part is making a bunch of backups and then deleting them afterwards. or not.
Didnt have to use any of the special programs here, those are just for getting lots of bins at once. I'm happy to get just a few, since you have to manually swap each one out
Thank you so much for this! The bins weren't working for me either but this method worked perfectly!

gkgreek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello OP, when I follow step 3, I get this error message from Dropbox:
Error (429)
This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Do you have another link to theamiibo-files.zip file?

Thanks!

Step 3. Now, extract fetch-amiibos.zip. The password is the name of that iso site. This should open up your default browser and download the file named amiibo-files.zip. Place that file somewhere where you will remember. Preferably directly on your C: drive (but do NOT put it in the C:\Amiibo_Tool.1.0 folder!).

Joey23475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, can someone fix the dropbox file or share the content in another platform?

Thanks in advance

correct me if i am wrong, i am pretty sure we are not allowed to share links here but there are many other sites who have all the amiibos including some unreleased ones. just try googling it.

gkgreek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello @Joey23475, the amiibo bin files can be found very easily; however, the software that allows writing to the ntag215s (instead of the powersave disc) cannot be found that easily. If you have found the software, I would appreciate a PM. thanks.

Onemario1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like some help. You're saying the password is the name of that iso site, but what do you mean? I tried the name of the site and everything. I got nothing.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like some help. You're saying the password is the name of that iso site, but what do you mean? I tried the name of the site and everything. I got nothing.
What do you mean by nothing? Is your zip program telling you that the password is wrong or that the CRC is incorrect? What you're supposed to enter is the unqualified domain name, and if you're putting WiiU as any part of it, you didn't look at the hyperlink closely enough.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter because, as it says only 4 posts above yours, transfers from the dropbox account are disabled.

Kairu_Hakubi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for this! The bins weren't working for me either but this method worked perfectly!
Interestingly I got some new bins using this serial modifier that came out, and they worked right out of the box without having to rename them to an accepted file. Several of them briefly said 'failed' when copying, but worked anyway (which happens once in a while as it is). I'm pretty sure the original failure problem was legit though because it STAYED on "Failed" and didn't immediately successfully scan
The serial modifier thing is neat because it means you can use multiples of the same one in a day, but the unfortunate thing is you still have go to to the trouble of changing your powertag that many times. I'm actually happy doing 15 of them a day, but 20 is really starting to push it.
I wonder what would happen if you had two of the wolf... well now i'm getting more off-topic

point is, everyone who's having trouble with the process, ignore all that stuff about .exes and just get a powersaves and put bins on the powertag. You don't need to do anything else except once you have enough money actually buy some amiibos to keep it honest.....

P.S. apparently some powertags are burning out/bricking after 50-100 uses (mine's already well past that), and the current theory is that it involves moving the tag off of the reader while it's trying to write, so for god's sake put your reader somewhere stable and don't touch the tag while it's writing.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo i only need one power tag?
You need as many or as few power tags as will keep you from becoming frustrated with reloading them. That's going to vary with which game(s) you play. For example, if you play Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, where each player rolls the dice for each turn by scanning their Amiibo, you'd go a little nuts playing a four-player game with one tag.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
that's right. just make sure it comes with the powertag (the version without one is more in line with what it's ostensibly meant for: modifying real amiibos, because that's all it can do).

apparently someone reported the old powersaves works just the same as the new one.. only need to purchase powertags separately since they didnt come with one.. datel on ebay sells them 3pcs or 10pcs for your amiibo needs.

I'm curious tho, if one were to turn the powertags into permanent amiibos how would you customise it?

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What do you mean by a permanent Amiibo? The datel software can reset the powertag, so what would be permanent about it?

i know they are rewriteable but i meant turn them permanent by deciding not to write new amiibo bin data to it..

Last edited by owek1,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know they are rewriteable but i meant turn them permanent by deciding not to write new amiibo bin data to it..
Ok, then what kind of customization would you be doing? The powertag still acts like an Amiibo when you're using it on your console. You can give it a nickname and things like that. Is that what you mean?

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, then what kind of customization would you be doing? The powertag still acts like an Amiibo when you're using it on your console. You can give it a nickname and things like that. Is that what you mean?

i was thinking stickers on the powertags or markers or case to protect it and identify which amiibo it is..im curious if anyone has thought about it or sticking the thing to custom figurines.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was thinking stickers on the powertags or markers or case to protect it and identify which amiibo it is..im curious if anyone has thought about it or sticking the thing to custom figurines.
Ah. Sorry, the thread topic had me thinking on the software side of things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld