Hacking [Updated] How To Use A PowerSaves for Amiibo To Download and Use Amiibo Bin Files

Was this helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 20.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So Iv'e been sitting here for 5 hours trying to write .BINs to my newly aquired NTAG215s from Aliexpress with my powersaves doohickey just to find out this isnt the right tags???? What the heck do I need to be able to do this? The powertag chip that came with the powersaves device worked fine to write a wolf 20 heart amiibo to but why won't these other NTAG215s I have work with powersaves device? What do I need?
Ive just ordered a Powersave from Datel, and I was specting to use it with ntg 215s stickers from Aliexpress too.
So that does not work at all? The Powersave only writes in powertags?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interestingly I got some new bins using this serial modifier that came out, and they worked right out of the box without having to rename them to an accepted file. Several of them briefly said 'failed' when copying, but worked anyway (which happens once in a while as it is). I'm pretty sure the original failure problem was legit though because it STAYED on "Failed" and didn't immediately successfully scan
The serial modifier thing is neat because it means you can use multiples of the same one in a day, but the unfortunate thing is you still have go to to the trouble of changing your powertag that many times. I'm actually happy doing 15 of them a day, but 20 is really starting to push it.
I wonder what would happen if you had two of the wolf... well now i'm getting more off-topic

point is, everyone who's having trouble with the process, ignore all that stuff about .exes and just get a powersaves and put bins on the powertag. You don't need to do anything else except once you have enough money actually buy some amiibos to keep it honest.....

P.S. apparently some powertags are burning out/bricking after 50-100 uses (mine's already well past that), and the current theory is that it involves moving the tag off of the reader while it's trying to write, so for god's sake put your reader somewhere stable and don't touch the tag while it's writing.
Wolf Link is treated special. If he dies then you cannot summon him again regardless of serial.

Ive just ordered a Powersave from Datel, and I was specting to use it with ntg 215s stickers from Aliexpress too.
So that does not work at all? The Powersave only writes in powertags?
No, it only writes to already create tags (Retail Amiibo or otherwise) or the Power Tag, it cannot create an Amiibo from scratch using NTAG215.

damienx1

Trophies
XP
Country
hey sorry to bother anyone but I cant fine the password for this download having no idea been trying to do it for the last 2 hours lol if someone could get back to me that would be great thanks :3

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dpad_5678, I tried fetching the amiibos. Traffic is too intense to fetch. Is there a suggested time of day, Eastern time, to try to fetch them?

If not, can I just download them from "That Chaos Site," and use them instead?

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dpad_5678, I tried fetching the amiibos. Traffic is too intense to fetch. Is there a suggested time of day, Eastern time, to try to fetch them?

If not, can I just download them from "That Chaos Site," and use them instead?
Yes you can download them from that site. You'll just need to rename the files according to the Power Save Software's naming algorithm

dpad_5678

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I rename them using said algorithm?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Code:
Yoshi_28bdeac1_2017-04-10_[anything_goes_here].bin

The "Yoshi" part was the name that the PowerSave software recognized my Yarn Yoshi Amiibo. That can be anything, even if the name doesn't match the actual Amiibo. So, you can keep that part as "Yoshi".

Change "anything_goes_here" to however you want that Amiibo file to appear in the PowerSaves software, without the quotes.
No changes have to be made to the serial number ( 28bdeac1 in this case ). This just prevents your from restoring backups from one "species" of Amiibo to another. This has no effect when restoring backups to the Powertag.

Example:
Code:
Yoshi_28bdeac1_2017-04-10_[LucarioLevel10].bin

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Let say i want to rename the zelda_botw_guardian.bin to be useful in the tool. What name do I have to give it then?

Last edited by BvanBart, , Reason: Got the files elsewhere... now to get to the renaming. How does that work?

mirrored64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this guide to get everything running perfectly on my PC. I installed the PowerSaves software on my Mac and it sees the .bin I loaded on the tag (using my PC) just fine. How do I load .bin backups on my Mac though? I tried backing the .bin on the tag, finding the folder it backed up to, and dragging all my .bin backups to that folder, but the PowerSaves software doesn't see them.

Spooky_Kabuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey bud, thanks for the help with getting this set up. Question though: When I use your renaming tool it doesn't save the file in the appropriate location - or anywhere at all as far as I can tell. I checked the .bat to see where the save location was typed up just to double check, but for some reason nothing shows up in that location after saving. So for now I can just manually rename them. I simply made a test backup, and then copied the name of that file (AMIIBO_4b9309fa_2017-06-17_[Test]) and replaced the key parts, like the beginning to Shovel_Knight and the brackets to be [Shovel Knight] and it worked fine. I'm assuming your program just automates this process, which would be great, but unfortunately for me I can't seem to find where it's saving them, or if they're being saved at all.

dpad_5678

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey bud, thanks for the help with getting this set up. Question though: When I use your renaming tool it doesn't save the file in the appropriate location - or anywhere at all as far as I can tell. I checked the .bat to see where the save location was typed up just to double check, but for some reason nothing shows up in that location after saving. So for now I can just manually rename them. I simply made a test backup, and then copied the name of that file (AMIIBO_4b9309fa_2017-06-17_[Test]) and replaced the key parts, like the beginning to Shovel_Knight and the brackets to be [Shovel Knight] and it worked fine. I'm assuming your program just automates this process, which would be great, but unfortunately for me I can't seem to find where it's saving them, or if they're being saved at all.
Try running the bat file from inside your user folder (C:\Users\%username%\)

If that doesn't work, create a new batch file and add the following lines:

Code:
echo off
cls
set /p filename=Enter Amiibo File Name:
set /p name=Enter Amiibo Name To Appear In PowerSaves Software:
copy %filename% "Yoshi_28bdeac1_2017-01-01_[%name%].bin"

Don't change the name of the file after the tool renames it (ie keep it as Yoshi_28bdeac1_2017-01-01_[YourAmiiboName].bin)

Also, try refraining from using spaces when the bat file asks for the destination amiibo name (not the file name)

Last edited by dpad_5678,

MachoNacho900

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, so um I just got this thing today and I have ben working with it but I just don't understand how it works. How do I get the amiibo without physically getting them, yeas of course I know you download it, but I don't know where to look and also how does it recognize the tiny disk thing as an amiibo.

Basically how do I do any of this because I really wanted Smash link amiibo but instead my dad bought me this Powersaves for Amiibo.

-thanks and if you could help that would be very appreciated

dpad_5678

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, so um I just got this thing today and I have ben working with it but I just don't understand how it works. How do I get the amiibo without physically getting them, yeas of course I know you download it, but I don't know where to look and also how does it recognize the tiny disk thing as an amiibo.

Basically how do I do any of this because I really wanted Smash link amiibo but instead my dad bought me this Powersaves for Amiibo.

-thanks and if you could help that would be very appreciated

The disc is recognized as the real amiibo. You need a Windows PC, the amiibo bin, and the PowerSaves + Powertag, as well as the software for this. You're also going to need my rename tool.

iMaxed0ut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the steps to using the new way? I downloaded Amiibo Rename, but I'm not sure what to do from there. Do I put it in a folder? What do I type??

I have the tool, I have the power tag, I have a real amiibo, I have the Powersave Amiibo Reader. What must I do now?

Last edited by iMaxed0ut,

iMaxed0ut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put them in the same folder as the Amiibo rename tool.....
Ok I'm sorry for asking dumb questions, I've never done amiibo modding before. I have a folder of .bins that I would like to inject into my powersaves program. I understand what you said by dropping the .bins into the same folder as amiibo_rename. After putting the .bin that I want. What do I type into each field that it is asking? I'm not particularly familiar with what it is asking. Forgive my ignorance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc