Hacking Update to 5.5.3 with haxchi?

Yasaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have a wiiu on 5.5.2 with the haxchi channel so i can load mocha. is it safe to update without troubles?

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yasaka, maybe this is a dumb question but why are you using haxchi to load mocha? TIA.
That's isn't a dumb question. There's absolutely no reason to use Mocha if you have Haxchi.

another dumb question, what is difference between haxchi and mocha ? Mocha has coldboot ?
The different is the way you launch them. Haxchi is injected into a DS VC game, and has a 100% bootrate. It can also be used to coldboot with CBHC. Mocha is used if you don't have a DS VC game, and can only be launched via The Homebrew Launcher. Since The Homebrew Launcher bootrate via the browser isn't 100%, Haxchi is the better option, though it requires a legitimately purchased DS game.

aytug25

Trophies
XP
Country
That's isn't a dumb question. There's absolutely no reason to use Mocha if you have Haxchi.

The different is the way you launch them. Haxchi is injected into a DS VC game, and has a 100% bootrate. It can also be used to coldboot with CBHC. Mocha is used if you don't have a DS VC game, and can only be launched via The Homebrew Launcher. Since The Homebrew Launcher bootrate via the browser isn't 100%, Haxchi is the better option, though it requires a legitimately purchased DS game.
thanks for answering, I will continue using haxchi...

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating with CBHC could brick the Wii U if too much was changed.
I reverted back to haxchi to update and then reinstalled CBHC and everything worked fine for me as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt