Hacking Update 5.2.0 is Out!

NWPlayer123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vWii System Menu was updated. However, it seems okay to update. Use Caution.

NOTE: YOUR STANDBY AND QUICK START SETTINGS ARE RESET. IF YOU DON'T WANT IT TO UPDATE IT ON YOU IN THE FUTURE TURN IT OFF.

Version 5.2.0 U, available via an Internet connection, includes the following improvements:
Changes to the Wii U Menu:
  • Folders can now be created in the Wii U Menu to hold and organize software icons
  • A Download Management icon has been added to the Wii U Menu
Changes to Quick Start Menu:
  • The Quick Start Menu will now display when the Wii U is powered on from the Wii U GamePad TV Remote
  • Options have been added to Power Settings that allow users to hide certain software from the Quick Start Menu
Changes to the HOME Menu:
  • The design and layout of the HOME Menu has been updated
Changes to the Nintendo eShop:
  • Disabled usage of characters not used when redeeming Nintendo eShop cards (O, I, Z, etc.)
Improvements to system stability and usability:
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

loco365

Trophies
XP
It's probably downloaded and installing already on my Wii U. However, I've actually found a massive flaw with the Quick Start menu that I hope they address. You can usually hold the B button to boot straight into vWii, however, you can't do that as effectively if Quick Start is enabled. I hope that they add a button to boot directly into vWii from the Quick Start menu or something. The only way to work around it is to turn on the console first, then hold B on the gamepad until it's turned on, which is a bit of a pain.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Perhaps the vWii update is for the Gamecube controller adapter. I'm not sure of the title, but I think that'd be the most logical thing that needs to be added to vWii.

Reactions: NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps the vWii update is for the Gamecube controller adapter. I'm not sure of the title, but I think that'd be the most logical thing that needs to be added to vWii.

I dunno why they'd add it now, unless it's already finished internally (which could make sense considering we finally have screenshots of the Smash U bundle with it)

loco365

Trophies
XP
I dunno why they'd add it now, unless it's already finished internally (which could make sense considering we finally have screenshots of the Smash U bundle with it)

If it's finished internally, 5.2.0 could be the firmware that's bundled on the Smash disc if this is the case.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So, vWii exploits still work? I think that's what everybody is going to be asking/wondering. They were always going to have to update to add GameCube adaptor support.

I don't even have an internet connection set up on my WiiU at all. The only failsafe way to avoid an accidental update.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

NWPlayer123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, vWii exploits still work? I think that's what everybody is going to be asking/wondering. They were always going to have to update to add GameCube adaptor support.

I don't know. I'm sure as hell not updating, no point :P plus I couldn't test that stuff anyways. I'm waiting for someone to take the plunge and tell me the results.

loco365

Trophies
XP

I don't even have an internet connection set up on my WiiU at all. The only failsafe way to avoid an accidental update.

They should, but I can at least check bathaxx if any entrypoints are mentioned to be problematic, I have the disc on standby when I want to go and hack my vWii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, ANSWER HIS DAMN QUESTION
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm good, how r u
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm good, how r u